Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Fyi, folks, HHS has been, and is a '10' rated school. Data here (7), simply incorrect. Facts: U.S. News rates HHS #14th in academics in the state, and perennially in the top 10. And the U.S. Dep't of Education just named HHS a Blue Ribbon School. Definition? "...identifies ... schools with high-achieving students in reading and math. Fewer than 8,500 schools nationwide have earned the honor." Also, noteworthy, every elementary school that feeds into HMS is a '9,' with HMS earning a '10.' Clearly, there is a data issue here.

I have to disagree with the previous reviews. While, the students are indeed generally extremely polite, well-rounded, successful, etc, they're also overwhelmed and sleep-deprived. As a student, I never felt like the staff cared about me; rather, I understood very well that they were often irritated and unhappy with their jobs. There are so few good teachers. Students are often forced to learn the material themselves to make up for a lack of quality teaching. Of course, the teachers are credited with Hereford's stellar national rank (those rankings, by the way, are based primarily upon test scores-- which is all Hereford cares about). So come to Hereford! You'll be addicted to coffee (always a plus), get no help from teachers or staff (extreme independence is always a good thing, right?), learn that adults don't care about you (who needs them anyways?!), learn to care only about test scores (nothing else is more important, of course), play lots of sports (that's actually fine, except with all the homework and practices you'll be going to bed at around 2am), and love your life! Wow I miss it already. Go bulls!

As a current student, I can testify to the strength and quality of the education I have received over the past three years. I have been challenged in many of my classes, and in instances where my classmates were falling behind and I had a desire to go beyond the curricula, my teachers gave me that opportunity. Both the faculty and the administration truly care about students here, and I couldn't have been happier in that regard. My education, however, is not without its flaws. Hereford has a remarkable lack of diversity, and the vast majority of my classmates seem blithely unaware of the social and economic problems that exist in our society. Students don't see the value of diversity and different perspectives. I don't think students are "globally competitive" if they can't look at someone who is different than they and truly view them with equal standing. Moreover, many of the teachers disregard this problem, and that discourages minority students. Other high-achieving BCPS schools are far better in this regard. Overall, it's a great school and I received a wonderful education, but there are serious cultural problems here.

If you are planning to move to the Baltimore area, try to find a location in the Hereford Zone in Northern Baltimore County so your students can attend Hereford High School. They will receive a top notch education in a beautiful rural location with lots of opportunities available locally and in the very nearby Baltimore metro area. My husband and all three sons attended Hereford, so I can personally attest to all of the above!

Hereford is one of the best I absolutely love my students there. They are so kind, polite, and especially smart. I have seen so many of my students go on to top colleges and succeed so well in whatever they chose to do.

I have been to schools all over the county and without a doubt, this is the best high school in the county and possibly even the state. Even as a sub teacher, I have never had a single problem student. School building is old and needs some work but the spirit within is THE model for every other school in the country.

I am not only a parent of a HHS graduate but I myself graduated from there in 1978. My daughter graduated in 2006 and will be starting her senior year of college in the fall. I feel too that HHS is a great school because it has constantly had students that scored high on the SAT's. It is a unique school and has always excelled in sports too. Tracy

I taught at HHS most of my career. You just can't beat the students, community and staff.

I went to Hereford High School and I graduated in 2005. I love the teachers and staff because they really prepared me for college. I was more prepaired than most of the private school students.

I went to Hereford High and now my 2 sons go there. It truly is a Private public school. After I graduated I moved away for college and once I got married and had children I had to move back, I would'nt have my kids going anywhere else. They are doing awesome in school and are prepared for college with out a doubt! In the next 2 years they will both be out of HS and on there own in college. The parents are nice and classy as well as the students. If you ever want a great school with amazing teachers students and SPORTS get your kids to Hereford. Another perk it's a very pretty school beautiful location and beautiful people!

Last modified Hereford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.