Hereford High School 4

Posted June 24, 2013
As a current student, I can testify to the strength and quality of the education I have received over the past three years. I have been challenged in many of my classes, and in instances where my classmates were falling behind and I had a desire to go beyond the curricula, my teachers gave me that opportunity. Both the faculty and the administration truly care about students here, and I couldn't have been happier in that regard. My education, however, is not without its flaws. Hereford has a remarkable lack of diversity, and the vast majority of my classmates seem blithely unaware of the social and economic problems that exist in our society. Students don't see the value of diversity and different perspectives. I don't think students are "globally competitive" if they can't look at someone who is different than they and truly view them with equal standing. Moreover, many of the teachers disregard this problem, and that discourages minority students. Other high-achieving BCPS schools are far better in this regard. Overall, it's a great school and I received a wonderful education, but there are serious cultural problems here.

Posted January 08, 2012
If you are planning to move to the Baltimore area, try to find a location in the Hereford Zone in Northern Baltimore County so your students can attend Hereford High School. They will receive a top notch education in a beautiful rural location with lots of opportunities available locally and in the very nearby Baltimore metro area. My husband and all three sons attended Hereford, so I can personally attest to all of the above!

Posted May 31, 2010
Hereford is one of the best I absolutely love my students there. They are so kind, polite, and especially smart. I have seen so many of my students go on to top colleges and succeed so well in whatever they chose to do.

Posted May 18, 2010
I have been to schools all over the county and without a doubt, this is the best high school in the county and possibly even the state. Even as a sub teacher, I have never had a single problem student. School building is old and needs some work but the spirit within is THE model for every other school in the country.

Posted June 17, 2009
I am not only a parent of a HHS graduate but I myself graduated from there in 1978. My daughter graduated in 2006 and will be starting her senior year of college in the fall. I feel too that HHS is a great school because it has constantly had students that scored high on the SAT's. It is a unique school and has always excelled in sports too. Tracy

Posted June 09, 2009
I taught at HHS most of my career. You just can't beat the students, community and staff.

Posted March 06, 2009
I went to Hereford High School and I graduated in 2005. I love the teachers and staff because they really prepared me for college. I was more prepaired than most of the private school students.

Posted December 28, 2008
I went to Hereford High and now my 2 sons go there. It truly is a Private public school. After I graduated I moved away for college and once I got married and had children I had to move back, I would'nt have my kids going anywhere else. They are doing awesome in school and are prepared for college with out a doubt! In the next 2 years they will both be out of HS and on there own in college. The parents are nice and classy as well as the students. If you ever want a great school with amazing teachers students and SPORTS get your kids to Hereford. Another perk it's a very pretty school beautiful location and beautiful people!

Posted December 05, 2007
My husband went to HHS and so do my two boys. My oldest just started at Stanford, and commented how well his teachers at HHS prepared him for college. He took many AP courses at HHS, and enjoyed them all, especially his classmates. My son went from HHS to upperclass courses at Stanford with no problems at all. He also fits in well with the Calif culture and the diverse kids on campus. My younger son is loving the athletic program and the commitment of the teaching staff to the kids at school. I only wish he was taking advantage of the great music program as well. We feel very fortunate to live in the 'Hereford Zone'.

Hereford High School 0

Posted October 26, 2007
im a student at hereford hiqh, it's pretty fun and all just too much drama. and the principals and assiant principals are really on your tail. see ima freshman, class of 2011 and they follow me 24/7. it's crazyyy. there really strict, and they don't give me many second chances. but they give us a qreat educationn.

Hereford High School
17301 York Rd, Parkton, MD  21120
(410) 887-1905
Last modified Hereford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hereford High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top