K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. Ursula School is by far, the BEST Catholic school in the Baltimore area! St. Ursula School students are extremely well prepared for high school, and receive multiple scholarships to the private high schools. St. Ursula School has a very close-knit school community, and many fun family activities to look forward to throughout the year. The superior academics, nurturing learning environment, affordability and convenient location truly make St. Ursula School the best school around!!

St .Ursula is an excellent school. I have 5 children an all of them have done well in the high schools of their choice. I drove from PA everyday to bring my children to this school because it provides the entire package. Education, Religion, Social and community responsibility. They encourage parent involvement and give tuition breaks to reward participation. It was and awesome experience.

Overall, St Ursula is an ok school for young children (Pre-K to 8th) to succeed in academics and socially. As some of you may know, their Math class isn't so fancy. The teachers rush through things and move on to completely different things the next day. (6th grade Math teacher) Their fundraising activities are nice to attend. There is a Harvest Festival (their most famous), Race for Education, etc. The down side to these activities is that they exclude children. What I mean by this is that if you don't turn a certain amount of money in on time, then you will not be able to participate in these activities. This also goes for many in school activities. Some of the teachers there are very impatient. To be honest I would not send your child to St Ursula School for THESE reasons. Teachers are also melodramatic about many different things; they also give demerits for ridiculous things. If you are looking for a school for your child(ren) to excel in academics and in a social life then I would do a bit more research in this school and others. Choose wisely and good luck!

St. Ursula School is AMAZING!! If you are looking for a superior academic education for your child(ren), rich in Catholic values and traditions, then this is the school for you. St. Ursula School's faculty and staff are very friendly and helpful. The students are polite and respectful, and the parents are very involved with the school. The St. Ursula community is like one big family! St. Ursula School also offers a multi-child discount and has one of the lowest single child tuition rates in the Archdiocese.

This school has fundraising events during the school day and excludes students from activities if donations are not made. I pay good money to send my child to this school and it is unfair to make her feel like she did something wrong because we didn't send a voluntary donation in on time. Have your fundraising events during non-school hours.

This school has a lot of great qualities. The parent involvement is great. The principal is also pretty amazing. The elementary school is really good, but the middle school is not great. Many of the middle school teachers are older, burned out, sarcastic and can be down right cruel (not all). The homework amounts are ridiculous. If your child needs any extra help this is probably not the right fit. The tuition is reasonable, but there is a lot of pressure for fundraising.

My child went to this school and had a great rounded education. I don't think any school can live up to the expectation of perfection. Remember there are some people who aren't happy in general. Two parents can't always agree on what is right for their child but I think Sr. Joan always has the best interest of the student in mind. The principal is a great hands on person who enjoys having fun. The teachers are very good. He had one teacher that I didn't think was very good but that teacher left after a year. The teachers do try to reach every child and provide a caring environment. My son did very well in high school and college and got a job making a good salary and benefits. I think Saint Ursula gave him the foundation starting in Kindergarten and moving through grade 8 to help him be successful as an adult.

I am a student and I have went here for 8 years. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! The teachers are great! They make learning fun. I am excited to wake up and know that i am blessed to go to such a nice school .

My son has attended St. Ursula for the past 7 years and I have been extremely satisfied - I would highly recommend this school.

This is an excellent school with a challenging curriculum, and with really caring staff who really get to know each child, and for a very reasonable tuition. The principal is a one-of-a-kind: Sister Joan is kind but respected, an elderly nun with a great sense of humor. She endears herself to the boys with her interest in professional sports. She knows every child by name. Once my son was really sad about something and he felt perfectly comfortable confiding in her and crying into her shoulder. She then called me personally to tell me about it with concern, not judgement. Also the school does a great job of containing tuition costs with really inventive and fun fund-raisers like spaghetti dinners, ice cream socials and a Fall Festival. These fund-raisers are much more fun than just selling candy or gift wrap from a flier, and they create a sense of community. I am extremely pleased with the school and I am very happy that we chose this school for our child.

Last modified St Ursula School is a Private school that serves grades K-8