Pasadena, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted October 06, 2014
Both my girls have gone to Sunset! I love the school and the staff there! Teachers are easy to talk to and respond to my emails quickly if I have a question concerning my child. This is my youngest last year there and it upsets me to know she is leaving such a great school. There are so many clubs kids can join and so many family fun nights for family fun. The PTA is a fantastic group of volunteers to help raise money for technology such as IPads the children get to use and smart boards in almost all the classrooms. Great school!

Sunset Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2014
As a parent, I have been very pleased with this school. It is in the process of becoming an International Baccalaureate PYP school! The staff is very friendly and I have always received prompt responses to any inquiry I have made. My son's teacher is wonderful and effective evidenced by the tremendous growth I have seen in my son since the beginning of the year. I am also a high school teacher and very involved in my son's education. I love that my son comes home excited to tell me all about his school day.

Posted December 28, 2013
As a parent, I am extremely happy with Sunset. The teachers go out of their way to support my children's education. The technology in the school is excellent. My children talk about using Smartboards and iPads. The cultural arts teachers are also top notch. There are many clubs offered after school including the Drama Club. The music teacher's productions are fabulous every year! The principal cares for the kids and does a great job of ensuring quality education. Overall, an outstanding school that stands out among other schools in the area.

Sunset Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2013
I have never saw a school that needed and wanted so much money! Every week theres a different fundraiser coming home. If not they want bake goods and different goodies for the teachers. There should be more activities for the children. And every child should have the chance to participate in these activities. Phone calls are not promptly returned. You have to keep calling to get a response. The secretaries are not friendly at all. And the principal acts iike she scared to open her mouth. Definitely not feeling this school at all!!!

Posted August 23, 2013
Great School! great teachers! my daughter K-3 so sad to be leaving the teacher and art ,music programs are great!

Posted May 17, 2011
We had to switch schools in the middle of the year, and we were very nervous about it. Okay, I was nervous about it :) But the principle and all the office staff were very helpful and kind, and did a great job of easing my mind. We got to have a meeting with my daughter's new teacher just before she started. Her teacher is very motivated and all the students love her (the teacher). I think the school does a good job of finding the middle ground so that all the students are engaged, but I would like to see some options for students with more advanced skills, who need more of a challenge. I would definitely recommend this school.

Sunset Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2009

Sunset Elementary School 0

Posted May 06, 2009
I think that parents who have never worked in a school, don't understand how curriculums work. I've worked al over the united stated and every state has its own speical curriculium. I'm also a parent and I've been teaching for quite sometime and I can tell you that every school is different. My kids all go to Sunset and I love the fact that I can call anytime of day and talk to someone. They've al been there for us and our kids are doing great. However, Sunset isn't run the same as the school they went to in California but thats how it works. No State is the same when it comes education. You have to give these teachers the benefit of the doudt and understand that they are working off of what they are given.

Sunset Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2009
Sunset is a below average compared to the others schools my son went too. His current teacher looks to be buying time till she retires, when we ask her to call us about how my son was adjusting to his new class she would not, then sent a two line note tell us he doing okay after we called several times.

Posted February 18, 2009
The principal does an excellent job at Sunset. She identifies children that need additional help and those that are performing above grade level and follows up to give them the specialized instruction they need to suceed. The teachers are wonderful, many work on their own time to provide afterschool clubs for the kids. The music program is especially good, with orchestra starting in 3rd grade and band in 4th. Sunset has a very active PTA who provide in house field trips, artists in residence and evening family nights. I have one child who went to Sunset from kindergarten through 5th grade and a child who is currently enrolled.

Sunset Elementary School
8572 Fort Smallwood Rd, Pasadena, MD  21122
Last modified Sunset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top