Pasadena, MD

Posted October 15, 2014
I was an Eagle Cove School parent, and the most beautiful part of the school was the irreplaceable education and JOURNEY my children had under the guidance of highly qualified, engaged and caring faculty and administrators. My kids loved learning and really developed their skills. My family received financial aid, we were not able to make significant donations to the school (although I wish we could have), and we were treated with the utmost respect and kindness. We were a small community, and it is telling to note that to my knowledge, no students left the school when the previous poster said s/he was taking out his/her child. That post just doesn't ring true, and you could ask the other 65 families who were there--they would agree with me. The only conflict was our sadness that the school had to close for financial reasons. After ECS closed, my children entered another local school and are performing very well (and are not really being challenged), although I have to say, they are not as excited nor eager about being in school as they used to be. There will never be another school like Eagle Cove School.

Posted June 15, 2014
This is a school that I am terribly sad to see close. They had an exceptional staff and my 2 children have been happy, successful, and thriving here the last half-dozen years!! They live and breathe their mantra of being a "Maryland Green School." The small class size makes it possible for every student to be successful. The Specials teachers of Art, Spanish, Science, PE, Library/Computer, & Music are all experts in their field. They were at the height of their program, when financial barriers/post-recession enrollment issues caused them to close this June 2014 after 58 years. This is a travesty and a loss to the county and the private school options. Every child in the world would delight in going to this school, taking part in the hands on/outdoor activities, and thrive due to the academic rigor!

Eagle Cove School 1

Posted November 12, 2013
Eagle Cove is a beautiful campus with a stunning view. We were totally sold on the "green school" concept and all of it's associated programs. Unfortunately, we found that many of the teachers do not hold any degree in education. While out child learned, conflicts in the classroom are a disaster. It became apparent that parents who donated large amounts of money had children who were given greater latitude with inappropriate behavior. School is essentially run by a few select parents with a Head of School that bows down to their demands. We have managed to stay out of the cat fights, but are looking to transition to another school during the Christmas break.

Posted March 07, 2013
Only 15 in a class AND they have an art teacher, and a science teacher, and a music teacher, and a Spanish teacher, and a Librarian. Amazing faculty in a small school environment. Great school.

Posted February 07, 2013
The ENTIRE faculty at Eagle Cove School is hands down exceptional (to say the least)! Without hesitation Laura Kang (Head of Eagle Cove School in Pasadena, Md.) has developed an enthusiastic staff fostering high levels of learning and culture. The supportive teachers bring a wide range of experiences from the classrooms and life experiences to their students. I have find Eagle Cove School to not only provide my children with exceptional tools for a better education but also offering more opportunities from a water front campus to learn about the Chesapeake Bay, The Oyster Spat release, Building a Green House, etc. Laura Kang and Eagle Cove School provide a vibrant and creative place for high-level learning for every child. I am confident ANY parent will find Eagle Cove School as an environment nurturing independence and self-assurance in our children to become strong leaders in today s society and for tomorrow. Parents looking to expand the learning and creativity, as well as build self-confidence in their child will not be disappointed with Eagle Cove School in Pasadena, Md. ECS... Fun, Caring, Exceptional, Extraordinary... The Best Opportunity for Your Child!

Posted February 01, 2013
We are so grateful for Eagle Cove School. It provides a nurturing learning community where every student is a priority. In a world where recess and outdoor time is shrinking, ECS emphasizes active learning and outside time and, as my daughter would say, has the best playground in Maryland! To put it simply, ECS is amazing and I strongly recommend that you check it out for yourself. You will be glad that you did!

Posted January 30, 2013
My daughter started pre-k at another school and had such a bad experience that I removed her, and she refused to go to school. She was traumatized so badly that nothing I could do or so would convince her otherwise. Then I found out about Eagle Cove. After several visits to the school with her and a couple on her own, she agreed to attend pre-k the following school year. She is now in kindergarten and is in love with her school. It has been a true blessing to see how she has grown emotionally and academically.She amazes me every day with the wealth of information she learns, and is enjoying the learning experience as well. Eagle Cove is second to none in every aspect.. The children come from all walks of life and are all amazing young citizens. The teachers are also pretty amazing, every teacher knows every child by name, and treats each child with respect ,encouraging each one to be the best they possibly can be, giving them the confidence they need to strive. It is truly been such an all around great experience so far and I look forward to what comes next.

Posted January 27, 2013
We were a little worried when we decided to transition from homeschooling to school that our children just "wouldn't fit in". Eagle Cove School far exceeded our expectations. They have a diverse environment where my children be free to be themselves. The teachers really think outside the box, making the educational program rich and full of possibilities. Their eco-friendly approach really hit home with my family and we really feel the the school community embraced us even though we're not the typical "private school family". My son loves the technology available, excels in his Spanish class and raves about the library. My daughter loves P.E. and the science class that really hands on! I love that small class sizes 10-15 kids and the teachers who are big on communication. We <3 Eagle Cove School, you can't find a better elementary school in AA county!

Posted January 23, 2013
Eagle Cove School more than meets our expectations for a private school. ECS students enjoy a close relationship with their teachers in classrooms of 10-15 students. ECS is the home of the 2012 Maryland Private School Teacher of the Year. EVERY child goes through a full spectrum of special classes such as Spanish, Science, Computer, PE, Art, and Music. Couple the dynamic culture led by a very experienced Head of School, with a beautiful waterfront campus, and the learning experience at ECS is par none. It is not uncommon for the science class to be out on the dock sampling water quality. Music classes train all year for various shows and recitals. Art students are exposed to a wide variety of fine art by an award winning teacher. All teachers are devoted to being the best in their field - many with long tenures. That should say something about the learning and working at ECS. Many parents say "I had heard of the school, and as soon as I set foot on the campus knew this was the place for my child." You owe it to your child to check out Eagle Cove School. You can arrange a tour with a simple phone call. The web site is also an excellent resource for information.

Posted January 16, 2013
To say Eagle Cove School is outstanding, is an understatement. After having our son spend a year at the local public school, we made the choice to move him to ECS. This was by far the best decision we could have made. Smaller class sizes, much deeper attention to "specials" (I.E. Spanish, Art, Music, Science, etc), and most importantly, a family atmosphere. Each child is a part of the Eagle Cove family, not just another student!!!!!

Eagle Cove School