Chesapeake Bay Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted July 30, 2011

Two of my sons have attended and one currently there. I have been very happy with everything as were my sons. Some teachers are better then others, but that goes with everything in life. I have also seen a high level of teacher involvement with student and parent. Their programs for advanced children is great!

Posted May 11, 2010

I'm a 6th grade student and i believe that even though the teachers are nice and they only wish to teach, the students should and need to learn better discipline. Perhaps moe letters home would improve behavior and help the parents take action.

Posted February 18, 2010

I Am A Student In 7th Grade For The 2009-2010 School Year And I Have To Say The School Is Very Nice And Its Teacher Are A 8 Out Of 10 But What I Really Like About It Is That Teachers Seem To Care About You More Than Any Other School I Have Attended. Even Though They Seem Mean They Have The Best Intentions At Heart.

Posted September 28, 2009

This school is well put together, but it takes quite a long time to adjust to if you are first beginning. My daughter, Allison just started and she does not like it. She begs to be homeschooled all of the time. But, to me it seems fine. I give it a three.

Posted July 12, 2009

The teachers and students are exceptionally kind. They challenge us but not in a way that would frustrate anyone. There are clubs for everyone. I'm going into 7th grade and I highly recommend it.

Posted May 26, 2009

I love C.B.M.S.!!! I think it is an excellent school and even though I really want to stay, I have to go to C.H.S. another really good school !

Posted March 24, 2009

I have two children currently attending the school- one in 6th and one in 8th. I feel very comfortable they are in a positive enviornment for learning. I also volunteer which I think has been critical in staying 'in the loop'-- let's face it: we don't get as much information from our children at this age as we may have in the past. If I have a complaint, it is certainly that there is a lack of selection fairness in which children are tapped for acheivement recognition-- the Jr. National Honor Society being a good example. I really attribute this problem to the massive number of students more than anything else. Too many kids fall through the cracks unnecessarily. I think dividing the school into 2 seperate schools would be wise.

Posted January 14, 2009

OMG!!!!!!! this school is so awsome!!!! youll find lots of friends and if you pay attention you will learn a lot!!! The school does have lots of people and is I guess sort of big but thats what makes it so much fun!!! Just make sure you hang around the right people. the site might say that you don't get a lot of individual attention but if you need they will most deffinatlly give it to you. I know that I am a student and you probabilly would expect me to say all these good things about it but there all true. The only thing I would worry about is the kind of friends you have and going to a small school and to here. Could be overwhelming!!!

Posted September 27, 2008

Very little individual attention at this school. It's an assembly line with little quality control. If your child does not turn in an assignment you will not hear anything about it until the report cards come out. The problem is that usually the teacher is incorrect, and it is the teacher's poor organiztional skills that caused them to record that an assignment was missed. It's very frustrating. Too many of the teachers here are uninterested in their job.

Posted August 28, 2008

As an alumni of the school (back when CBMS was two middle schools rather than one), I was very apprehensive when my oldest daughter was ready to attend. (She is currently a senior.) Her experience was far greater than I could have every imagined. My husband and I volunteered at the school and attended classes on occasion. Science was very hands on, when it was determined my daughter was more advanced than her math class, the teacher initiated advanced work. I could not be happier. When my 2nd daughter entered CBMS (she's a 7th grader) I was far less apprehensive, and again have been pleasantly surprised. I'm thrilled that the science curriculum will this year go back to an every day class and hope that the hands on environment my older daughter experienced will be reinstated as well.

Posted May 16, 2008

this is the worst school you could possibly send anyone too. its way to overcrowded and the teachers are rude and ignorant.

Posted May 12, 2008

I've had two children go through this school; one has a mild learning disability, but was able to be in top classes, was a straight A student. The other has more severe learning differences, combined with intelligence. This child has not fared as well, is consistently in danger of failing. Teacher quality is highly variable, from the gifted to the entirely inappropriate - ones who meet adolescent misbehavior by being adolescents themselves. Espcially if you have who is bright and learning disabled, save yourself a lot of frustration and start looking elsewhere for a private placement. They place these students in their 'co taught' classes, where students who are not doing well for any number of reasons are thrown together. Kids and parents are cliqueish, and diversity is non existent. The current principal is rarely seen outside his office. Discipline is overall negative and ineffective.

Posted January 22, 2008

This is the coolest school you will ever hear about.

Posted May 16, 2007

I have had not but a negitative experience since my child has entered the 7th grade. Parents are called for the smallest trivial thing rather when there is a major problem. Some of the teachers are great, they love thier job and the subject they teach which makes your children want to learn but for the most part the teachers are rude and disrespectful. I would reconsider sending your child here.

Posted May 7, 2007

1,800 kids is overcrowded. Extremely loud during lunch, and my daughter who wanted to switch to chorus couldn't but kept being promised it would happen but never did...due to overcrowding. Now CBMS is making room for Lake Shore Elementary School...where? Doesn't make sense!

Posted April 28, 2007

This School is very nice, my daughter just started going there and already she has a ton of friends. The kids are very friendly and the teachers are a bunch of fun. Chesapeake Bay Middle School is a very nice school to go to and I encourage every parent who lives in Pasadena to take your kids to Chesapeake Bay Middle School and see how they like it!

Posted July 31, 2006

I have 2 children that attend this school. Overall it has been a difficult climb to find middle ground. The Guidance Counselors are great. The Administrative Staff is good, but good use additional staffing to contend with the number of students. Teacher quality good, but could be better. Some are there for a paycheck, some do not have enough work experience, some do not have experience teaching children at this age and some well let's just say they shouldn't teach. Parent Involvment is pretty good. Safety and discipline is good but could be better. Favortism is placed on certain students and shouldn't be. It is an open classroom environment,which I have found is bad for kids to learn in. It is one of the largest middle schools in the nation, which can cause safety issues. Bullying is big here! There are many clicks and peer pressure is high!

Posted June 24, 2004

Do your HOMEWORK before sending your child to this School, the disparity in the education process based on race requires immediate attention. There are several complaints filed at the Board of Education in reference to the racial problems that occur at this School. If you have an African American Son choose another School for him to attend. 'Ask Around'

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

349 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

351 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

375 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

376 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

371 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 81% in 2013.

371 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 71% in 2013.

369 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 20%N/A42%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4804 Mountain Rd