Bad
Good

Posted July 30, 2011
Two of my sons have attended and one currently there. I have been very happy with everything as were my sons. Some teachers are better then others, but that goes with everything in life. I have also seen a high level of teacher involvement with student and parent. Their programs for advanced children is great!

Chesapeake Bay Middle School 3

Posted May 11, 2010
I'm a 6th grade student and i believe that even though the teachers are nice and they only wish to teach, the students should and need to learn better discipline. Perhaps moe letters home would improve behavior and help the parents take action.

Posted February 18, 2010
I Am A Student In 7th Grade For The 2009-2010 School Year And I Have To Say The School Is Very Nice And Its Teacher Are A 8 Out Of 10 But What I Really Like About It Is That Teachers Seem To Care About You More Than Any Other School I Have Attended. Even Though They Seem Mean They Have The Best Intentions At Heart.

Chesapeake Bay Middle School 3

Posted September 28, 2009
This school is well put together, but it takes quite a long time to adjust to if you are first beginning. My daughter, Allison just started and she does not like it. She begs to be homeschooled all of the time. But, to me it seems fine. I give it a three.

Posted July 12, 2009
The teachers and students are exceptionally kind. They challenge us but not in a way that would frustrate anyone. There are clubs for everyone. I'm going into 7th grade and I highly recommend it.

Posted May 26, 2009
I love C.B.M.S.!!! I think it is an excellent school and even though I really want to stay, I have to go to C.H.S. another really good school !

Chesapeake Bay Middle School 4

Posted March 24, 2009
I have two children currently attending the school- one in 6th and one in 8th. I feel very comfortable they are in a positive enviornment for learning. I also volunteer which I think has been critical in staying 'in the loop'-- let's face it: we don't get as much information from our children at this age as we may have in the past. If I have a complaint, it is certainly that there is a lack of selection fairness in which children are tapped for acheivement recognition-- the Jr. National Honor Society being a good example. I really attribute this problem to the massive number of students more than anything else. Too many kids fall through the cracks unnecessarily. I think dividing the school into 2 seperate schools would be wise.

Posted January 14, 2009
OMG!!!!!!! this school is so awsome!!!! youll find lots of friends and if you pay attention you will learn a lot!!! The school does have lots of people and is I guess sort of big but thats what makes it so much fun!!! Just make sure you hang around the right people. the site might say that you don't get a lot of individual attention but if you need they will most deffinatlly give it to you. I know that I am a student and you probabilly would expect me to say all these good things about it but there all true. The only thing I would worry about is the kind of friends you have and going to a small school and to here. Could be overwhelming!!!

Chesapeake Bay Middle School

Posted September 27, 2008
Very little individual attention at this school. It's an assembly line with little quality control. If your child does not turn in an assignment you will not hear anything about it until the report cards come out. The problem is that usually the teacher is incorrect, and it is the teacher's poor organiztional skills that caused them to record that an assignment was missed. It's very frustrating. Too many of the teachers here are uninterested in their job.

Chesapeake Bay Middle School 4

Posted August 28, 2008
As an alumni of the school (back when CBMS was two middle schools rather than one), I was very apprehensive when my oldest daughter was ready to attend. (She is currently a senior.) Her experience was far greater than I could have every imagined. My husband and I volunteered at the school and attended classes on occasion. Science was very hands on, when it was determined my daughter was more advanced than her math class, the teacher initiated advanced work. I could not be happier. When my 2nd daughter entered CBMS (she's a 7th grader) I was far less apprehensive, and again have been pleasantly surprised. I'm thrilled that the science curriculum will this year go back to an every day class and hope that the hands on environment my older daughter experienced will be reinstated as well.

Chesapeake Bay Middle School
4804 Mountain Rd, Pasadena, MD  21122
Last modified Chesapeake Bay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chesapeake Bay Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top