Bodkin Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 589 students

Posted December 10, 2013

The best elementary school in AA county ! There are some teacher aides that do not belong, but that will soon correct itself when Principle Jansky and crew reevaluate the term.....other than that.....great relationships and involvement with parents make for a spectacular program !!!

Posted October 14, 2012

The parent involvement at Bodkin is tremendous. My daughter had a hard time when we relocated here. The school couselor and faculty were wonderful at making her feel welcome and keeping me in the loop. If you have the opportunity to have your child attend Bodkin, grab it!

Posted March 20, 2012

This is the best school my kids have ever attended. We moved twice over the past 4 years and they have gone to three total elementary schools, but I've never seen them enjoy school as much as they do at Bodkin. My oldest has ADHD and at his first school they treated him as an outcast, which made learning difficult. Since we've moved to Bodkin, he has been not only accepted but treated like all other students, given the same consideration and opportunities as everyone else. I appreciate that so much and I've seen his self esteem increase so much, I hate to see his fifth grade year end! The administration, teachers and other staff members have always been warm and welcoming, always available, and the school is clean and taken care of too. I wish Bodkin had grades k-12 instead of just elementary!

Posted July 17, 2011

Great school. Just got daughters' MSA's - for the first time (after her second year at the school; she's in 4th grade), her scores were great. She was always border line "proficient" before but after 4th grade here, she blossomed and improved sooooo much - she ended up being borderline "advanced"!! All in one year. The 4th grade teachers make learning fun for them. They are so young and nice and energetic and the children feed off of it - really!. Bodkin 100% proficiency for 4th grade math student.

Posted May 3, 2010

Fantastic school. My son LOVES it here. Teachers are great to deal with and my son is learning so much at a very high level. IMPRESSED!

Posted April 30, 2010

I think the teachers at Bodkin are the best.

Posted April 30, 2010

Bodkin Elementary has the best teachers ever!!!!!

Posted April 29, 2010

Bodkin has always been a great school, wonderful staff and community support all the way. Working on third generation to attend.Great-great-great

Posted January 8, 2010

I am a parent of three children in Bodkin currently. It is hard to summarize all the wonderful things happening at Bodkin in a short paragraph. My favorite aspect of the school is the positive nurturing tone. The teachers, administration, curriculum, parent volunteers, children all vibrate with pride and a sense of community. The grades function as a team with cooperative among teachers. Bodkin is a Maryland Green School and the environmental projects are part the children's daily lives. Communication and respect for parents' presence, opinions, questions are amazing. I toured several public schools and moved to this one. I couldn't be happier.

Posted June 4, 2009

I so love Bodkin and am so sad this is my daughter's last year. She has loved all her teachers and they have always gone above and beyond for all the students. I will miss volunteering since it's seems when she got to 5th grade it was less and I assume there will bo none in 6th grade. She has been there since kindergarden and I can only hope and pray she loves middle school in Easton where she will be attending. We will be moving soon and will come back to visit Bodkin. Thanks to all the woderful teachers and staff that made elementary school something she will always remember. God Bless

Posted April 1, 2009

The only sad thing I have to say about Bodkin is that this will be my daughter's last year as she moves up to CBMS. She has attended since kindergarten and loved every day of it. The teachers aren't just their teachers for the year they are in their class. They continue to support and vist with kids at all grade levels. We watch the teachers and their family's grow up in the Bodkin community as well. Every year at the 5k Middle School and High School kids come back to visit with Bodkin. The education is top notch, school spirit and parental involvement superior, and I can't forget to mention the arts...chorus and band always puts out a great show. I just wish there was more room in the auditorium!!! I will miss having my daughter at Bodkin, but I know she will always remember her days there!

Posted October 2, 2008

I'm a grandparent of students at Bodkin, and have visited there many times over the last 5 years that they've been there. I am so impressed with the school, with the education my granddaughters are getting, and very impressed with the teachers. Keep up the good work. We need more like you!

Posted April 13, 2007

Words cannot express how impressed I am with the level of parent participation that is shown at Bodkin. We moved from another area school and there is truly no comparison. I believe parent participation can really give a good gauge of how families in the area make their childs education a top priority. This being said it shows in the number of students that are involved with the Math Superstars program, Bodkin's Annual 5k Race, Fitness Night, School Plays, Family Movie Night etc... The PTA does an excellent job of coordinating family oriented activities that encourage the kids to build a good home/school connection. Bodkin has also become very active in recycling -being a Maryland Green School as well as extra class projects that show the children ways to help those less fortunate and become involved in their community. I am very proud to say my kids go to Bodkin Elementary!

Posted February 10, 2006

My son is in the 1st grade and I am so impressed with the parent, teacher, and faculty involvement. I have never seen so many parents at a class or school function requiring volunteers. His teacher writes his daily progress, struggles and accomplishments every day in a signature school journal every day. My son loves going to school and is willingly involved in extra curricular learning programs above and beyond the classroom. There are an abundance of academic after school programs and I am thankful every day that we moved to this school district. I have witnessed first hand why this school was given a blue ribbon award and I am so proud my son goes to Bodkin Elementary.

Posted June 7, 2005

Recently moved here from out-of-state. Pleasantly surprised by Bodkin. My kindergardener was moved to first grade reading and got great support from both kindergarden and 1st grade teachers. My fifth grader, who is under medical care, wasn't eating lunch. The nurse called me and arranged for him to have a special lunch everyday. She followed through to make sure he was eating it. Last week, when I attended the chorus concert the principal told me that my 4th grader had won a math award. That's how involved she is in the daily operation of the school and how well she knows the families. All three of my children have encountered a supportive and friendly learning environment and have made new friends and joined new activities that suit their interests.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2014.

99 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2014.

99 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Maryland used the Maryland School Assessment (MSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science. The MSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Maryland. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2014.

78 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2014.

101 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2014.

106 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 89% in 2014.

106 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2014.

107 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 11%N/A42%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Choir / Chorus

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Join PTO/PTA

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8320 Ventnor Rd