Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 11, 2016
CHS has provided an excellent education for my child who is a senior and has recently been accepted to several top tier nationally ranked universities. Principal Gorski is relatively young, very motivated, and determined to drive the students to achieve their highest potential.

Chesapeake High School 4

Posted February 08, 2014
Chesapeake is a great school. I'm in my junior year as of right now. I really only a few complaints. Most of the bathrooms are horrible because people smoke in them and they usually aren't caught in the act, and I know this isn't the schools fault but it is absolutely horrible. I only use the bathroom in the FACS department because of this. Honors and AP classes are pushed way too harshly on students. Honors classes have basically become standard; I'll look around and wonder why some of these people are in my class. Also AP classes are pushed and pushed on us to take, and if you drop back down to honors you're told that it will look bad. Even though I am not truly AP material I've been put in and signed up for more APs. Even though I complain about this, most of my teachers have given me a great education, and I've also been able to connect with so many of my teachers. Drazan is a wonderful principal! He cares so much about the student body. I couldn't ask for a better principal.

Posted December 08, 2013
This school is AA County's best kept secret. CHS is among Anne Arundel's top 4 high schools and is ranked by US News among The Nation's Best Schools. However, by comparison to the other top schools in the county, CHS not as political and clique oriented and because family values are important in the area, CHS has far fewer problems with drinking, drugs, and other disciplinary issues. With grace and a calm demeanor, Principal Drazen sets the overall tone. He's always friendly, respectful, and willing to listen to and consider input from parents and students. This school is a "well oiled machine" that offers the best of all worlds for an excellent education in Anne Arundel County.

Posted October 03, 2013
C.H.S. has an outstanding Music Program and Dance Program. Talented performing arts students that attend C.H.S. have access to extremely talented and engaging teachers. Students are given many opportunities both inside and outside of school to further master their art form. Talented students from this school have performed in county, state, regional, and even National/ Worldwide competitions and conferences. If you're looking for a public school with a fantastic performing arts program, C.H.S. is the school for you.

Posted November 19, 2012
I graduated from this school years ago and our son just graduted from CHS this past year. The teachers at this school are top-notch; they challenge the students to do their best and foster a learning environment where the students who want to succeed will succeed. I read a review where the commenter stated if you want your child to go on to a 4 year college, don't send them here. Not sure if this is because the teachings at CHS were not reinforced at home or what. I am went on to a 4 year, then received a graduate degree and our son is attending UMBC. Ultimately, the success of the student at this level lies in that student's hands, however, they are given a great foundation at CHS and are encouraged to make the most of their education..

Chesapeake High School 1

Posted August 17, 2012
this is the worst school i have ever been too becaeuse... IT WAS SOOOOOO AWESOMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or was it???

Chesapeake High School 3

Posted June 02, 2011
The school offers alot of oppurtunity. If you want your child to go to a four year university do not send them here. Send them to Broadneck, South River, or Severna Park. Chesapeake is infamous for sending too many students to Anne Arundel Community College, alot of students don't even shoot for four year programs becasue community college is so accepted in the area. Alot of the students that go away to four year leave after a year or a semester since Pasadena gives them the cushion to not be judged and it be okay. Their is No diversity at all, if you want a well rounded student send them to Arundel High School. The only sport you should send your child to school for is Cheerleading, Softball, or Golf. The principal is new, and has new rules where some are positive and some are not. The graduation is at the school, it has always been and every year it is miserable. You sit in a gym and burn up because every year it happens to rain. I don't know when they learn. The graduation is also really tacky where people wear gym clothes to the ceremony. The administration staff is great and they'll look out for you if you give them respect. Hard work pays off in this school.

Posted April 08, 2011
I am currently a student at CHS. You make many relationships with friends and teachers that will last. Anyone can complain about a certain teacher but overall I have no complaints. Lunches are alright (could be better) but that's my own personal opinion. I now bring my own lunch based upon what I prefer to eat. I'm going to be a sophomore next year and you are greatly encouraged by teachers and administrators to take AP and honors classes. They want you to work to your full potential. Mr. Drazen (principal) is a fair guy and wants what we all want, a school to run smoothly. Yes, there are some negatives such as some of the troublemakers that attend there. I don't like the i5 program... Those students get away with almost everything in terms of what they can say and when they can leave class. This is just a statewide program though and we can only alter it so much. Overall, Chesapeake is a great school.

Posted October 11, 2010
It is the 4th best public high school in AA. Severna Park South River Broadneck Chesapeake

Chesapeake High School

Posted February 10, 2009
Both of my sons are recent graduates of Chesapeake 2005 & 2008, this is the best school that Anne Arundel County has to offer. My fought me about choosing this school but are both glad I did.

Chesapeake High School
4798 Mountain Rd, Pasadena, MD  21122
Last modified Chesapeake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chesapeake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top