High Point Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2015
The school is an "Open-Space School" where classrooms are separated by hardly anything. Its extremely noisy. Children can't concentrate on the teacher when they can hear 10 other teachers screaming at the kids. The principal and half of the teachers are amazing but the other half of the teachers seem to be allowed to call the children pigs and other hurtful names and scream at the kids all day long. The classrooms have 35 kids per teacher. It's not a learning atmosphere its a disaster. The playground isn't fenced in, anyone can walk through the playground while the kids are out, and the children are allowed to run around and attack each other because the teachers aren't watching. These problems can only be fixed with money to build walls, hire more teachers, and get rid of the teachers who hate the kids and their job.

High Point Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2015
The only complaint I have about this School is the pick up and drop off is terrible! You will wait in traffic on Duvall forever! Its very unorganized. Its every man/woman for themselves. I hope they will have a better system when they build the new school!

Posted January 16, 2014
The teaching assistants at High Point are fantastic. My son especially love Mrs. Shugars. They truly are a God send to the children. The principle, Mr Merrick is great with the children as well.

Posted May 31, 2013
Excellent Principal Merrick promotes school rules,spirit and activities. He has the letter kiosk working again after years of not working. The parents care and it shows. They excell here in reading, writing and math. Ms. Russo is the best Math teacher ever! I was surprised to see a rating less than 10 for the school at least a 9; I think that's due to the fact that Highpoint has some special ed children there too. My son had an iep when he came with a learning disability in grasping a pencil, writing and speach. This school helped him with a 1 on 1 and he graduated to main streamed by 1st grade. Ms. Reed was an awesome Kindergarten teacher and I think she's the reason he did so well! I can't say enough...they are patient and understanding of young children and their problems.

Posted August 02, 2011
My daughter has spent one year at High Point and is now entering the first grade. I used to read to her at night. Now she's reading to me! I only have 2 complaints. First, she loved her kindergarten teacher so much, she said she wanted to go live with her (okay...not really a complaint). Second, I had to get used to a bunch of fundraising papers and miscellaneous stuff being sent home with her. I got tired of sorting through all of that paper. Overall, I'm very impressed with the staff and their dedication to the kids. Definitely a good school.

Posted May 07, 2010
I think High Point Elementary is a wonderful school with great teachers and a really great staff. The teachers really care about their students and work with them to help them be successful. The teachers and staff have also planned many fun events for the children throughout the school year. The children love the school and you can really tell by the way they show their school spirit. My boys really love High Point and I am really glad they go there.

Posted May 05, 2010
I must say I absolutely love the Staff, Teachers & Volunteers, All the kids as well make this school such an awesome place!,,My boys have done great there in academics and social wise!,,Kudos to the teachers for there dedicated hard work and personal skills..I just love & so did my boys Ms. Winslow 5th grade, & Mrs. Shortall Kindergarten!

Posted May 04, 2010
The teachers and staff make High Point the best school. I feel they go beyond limits to give the students the best education. They also work well with parents and students when problems arise.

Posted May 04, 2010
High Point has been an amazing school to my step son. He had some health issues and they went above and beyond in helping him to stay up to date with the lessons and homework. His second grade teacher even tutored him since she already knew him. For a teacher that deals with students all day then to come to our home and teach our child is amamzing to me and it shows a real commitment to the development of our children

Posted May 04, 2010
High Point is a wonderful school. Wonderful staff and teachers! :)

924 Duvall Hwy, Pasadena, MD  21122
Last modified High Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Point Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top