Pasadena, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted January 16, 2014
The teaching assistants at High Point are fantastic. My son especially love Mrs. Shugars. They truly are a God send to the children. The principle, Mr Merrick is great with the children as well.

Posted May 31, 2013
Excellent Principal Merrick promotes school rules,spirit and activities. He has the letter kiosk working again after years of not working. The parents care and it shows. They excell here in reading, writing and math. Ms. Russo is the best Math teacher ever! I was surprised to see a rating less than 10 for the school at least a 9; I think that's due to the fact that Highpoint has some special ed children there too. My son had an iep when he came with a learning disability in grasping a pencil, writing and speach. This school helped him with a 1 on 1 and he graduated to main streamed by 1st grade. Ms. Reed was an awesome Kindergarten teacher and I think she's the reason he did so well! I can't say enough...they are patient and understanding of young children and their problems.

Posted May 07, 2010
I think High Point Elementary is a wonderful school with great teachers and a really great staff. The teachers really care about their students and work with them to help them be successful. The teachers and staff have also planned many fun events for the children throughout the school year. The children love the school and you can really tell by the way they show their school spirit. My boys really love High Point and I am really glad they go there.

Posted May 05, 2010
I must say I absolutely love the Staff, Teachers & Volunteers, All the kids as well make this school such an awesome place!,,My boys have done great there in academics and social wise!,,Kudos to the teachers for there dedicated hard work and personal skills..I just love & so did my boys Ms. Winslow 5th grade, & Mrs. Shortall Kindergarten!

Posted May 04, 2010
The teachers and staff make High Point the best school. I feel they go beyond limits to give the students the best education. They also work well with parents and students when problems arise.

Posted May 04, 2010
High Point has been an amazing school to my step son. He had some health issues and they went above and beyond in helping him to stay up to date with the lessons and homework. His second grade teacher even tutored him since she already knew him. For a teacher that deals with students all day then to come to our home and teach our child is amamzing to me and it shows a real commitment to the development of our children

Posted May 04, 2010
High Point is a wonderful school. Wonderful staff and teachers! :)

Posted May 03, 2010
I love High Point Elementary because of the staff. They are amazingly commited to the school and the students. They truely love the kids and do thier best to make sure that the students of High Point Elementary have a positive, productive and enriching experience at school. The High Point Elementary community is very supportive and embrace every opportunity to make the kids feel like they are part of something special and that they are important and valued. It is a great enviroment for my kids. Both academically and for thier self esteem!

High Point Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2010
My gradchildren go to this school. One is in grade 3 and one is in grade 5. The teachers and staff are cordial and the teachers keep in touch with parents when there is a problem so it can be addressed promptly. The only difference I would like to see is separate classrooms. When I go there on grandparents day, it is very distracting to hear the other classes around having their instruction also. I noticed though that even through what I considered distraction, the children were listening to the teachers and responding accordingly.

Posted December 20, 2009
My child just started in the third grade this year and loves the school. The administration is fabulous and the teachers are great. A far cry from our previous school!

High Point Elementary School
924 Duvall Hwy, Pasadena, MD  21122
Last modified High Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Point Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top