Posted March 19, 2014
Jacobsville ES is such a positive learning environment. Students step up and meet each and every challenge.

Posted March 19, 2014
Jacobsville Elementary is a wonderful community school. The school has a wonderful and supportative faculty, staff, administration, parent volunteer program and PTA. Many things are happening at Jacobsville such as new clubs, Drama, Chess, Computer, 24 Math, Jaguar Singers, Girls on the Run, Lego Club, Yearbook Club just to start. The school also has a Safety program which our students are taking very seriously and enjoy very much.

Posted March 18, 2014
Jacobsville is a wonderful school filled with fantastic students, supportive parents and high quality teachers and staff. At Jacobsville we R.O.A.R.! We do take bullying seriously and address those issues on a case by case manner. It has a warm and friendly learning atmosphere.

Posted March 18, 2014
Jacobsville jaguars ROAR!!! Jacobsville offers everything you would want in a school. The teachers are dedicated and are up to date on all facets of education. The staff is friendly and kind and are always there to help the students. The administration makes sure the teachers are aware of all educational opportunities and assist students with whatever problems or questions they may have. Jacobsville is the ideal school for students!

Posted March 18, 2014
My child currently is in 1st grade at Jacobsville Elementary. She also attended kindergarten there. I am pleased that we moved into a community with a great school, that I feel 100% comfortable sending my child to! The staff members there are extremely dedicated, friendly and knowledgeable. They have created an environment where my child feels save and has really developed a higher self-esteem and is becoming more and more confident everyday. Her teacher is in constant communication with upcoming events and with the great things happening in their school. She responds very quickly to any questions that my husband or I have. It makes me feel great to know that I can send my daughter to a school that embraces each child and makes them feel like they are accepted and cherished. I have another child entering kindergarten next year and I am confident that he will make a great transition from a private pre-k into Jacobsville kindergarten program. Thank you Jacobsville for being such a wonderful school!

Posted May 21, 2013
This school has a serious bullying issue. Our son, who has been in some of the roughest schools in PG county with no issues, has had serious bullying issues here. The administration responds with minimal intervention and the bullying continues. Terribly disappointed... to the point that we will be moving.

Posted April 08, 2013
Don't chose this school they don't do anything about bullying and my son got beaten up by 2 kids and about 4 other kids laughed at him and all 6 kids said they did not do anything so they believed that.

Posted August 24, 2012
Jacobsville is a GREAT school. My son had Mrs. Stocks for kindergarten. She is what all teachers should be. She is really the best in the school. He is what he is today because of her and what she has taught him. NONE of the other kindergarten teaches even come close to her, I have heard many stories about the redheaded kindergarten teacher and THANK GOD he didn't have her. Lord I would have had to tranfer he out of the school. Thank you Mrs. Stocks you are a wonderful blessng to the children!!!

Posted May 31, 2011
There are some outstanding teachers, but some are simply collecting a paycheck. The principal does NOTHING other than give lip service to an increasing bullying problem- had a friend's son get his glasses broken and was injured, and the principal declared it an "accident", even though the child who "accidentally" did this had a history of picking on the victim. The principal is quite difficult to communicate with, both for those children whom she does not like, as well as for parents who are trying to resolve issues- very aribtrary, and any rebuttals by parents are met with stiff resistance, instead of any attempt at open and honest dialogue. We are sending our child to another school, out of disgust at the poor "leadership", and would recommend other parents get transfers out, too- that is, unless you want to deal with this kind of garbage.

Posted January 11, 2010
My daughter is currently a First Grade Student at Jacobsville! Both her teacher this year and last year are fantastic. Mrs. Herring, Pricipal, is awesome. I am looking forward to many more years at Jacobsville!

Jacobsville Elementary School
3801 Mountain Rd, Pasadena, MD  21122
Last modified Jacobsville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jacobsville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top