Pasadena, MD
Students enrolled: 1,335

Posted June 21, 2014
I am totally amazed at the outstanding atmosphere here! Students are engaged in learning, Teachers are motivating and relevant, and the Administration does an awesome job involving the community Northeast is the BEST! My eldest graduated and is going to college and employed at a very good corporate level position at 24, the 2nd daughter just graduated with Honors. School spirit is High and the brand new renovation has made the campus look like a college. New everything! Technology, Sports, Music, Theatre, Academics all are A+++ It's only gotten better from the oldest to now the youngest of my 3 attending. They love their school and friends.

Posted May 25, 2014
NEHS breeds bullies. Teachers find it challenging to teach because the students control the classroom. I have volunteered in GFMS (Middle) and been a shadow on NEHS due to students making it impossible to learn. I shadowed my kids on more than a few occasions, and I can understand why the teachers are challenged to share knowledge. The synergy from the students negative behavior is clearly visible. As a patent I feel the peer pressure when I am in school... As if the kids in the school are like hawks waiting to devour prey! If you can enroll your child in a different school, I would highly recommend that you do that... U less you can keep you child from wanting friends. Friends at this school come at a cost! Past years have caused a police officer to act on instincts die to behavioral issues! Fire alarms being pulled as pranks, and kids stealing from each other. Good luck to kids and teachers at this school... I can't wait to get my daughter out! Just a parent who is tying to raise good Chinese hard working citizens in our country... This school makes it tough...

Posted June 03, 2013
The administrator doesn't put up with kids that are problems to other kids. Probably the case here...so a parent goes off and vents about her being rude. I've seen some rude parents come in and expect their kid to get special treatment when they've done something wrong. That's not going to happen. The Principle and Administrators will do whats right; even if a parent is unhappy. Sorry. I worked in the office my Senior Year 08 and that's what it is!

Posted August 04, 2012
Northeast~Go Eagles!! Has a smaller campus, with great spirit! 58 Million Dollars worth of Rennovations are underway: State of the Art black box theatre was just completed for Drama and Dance. Science, English Depts, and new technology being added; new Audio Visual Department and library updating. The Athletic Dept. is getting a new Astroturf field and entire new stadium with new benchs and all! The sports, drama club, dance club and music department are already great and here they're fantastic! The Art teachers are so motivating! The music teacher graduated from Chesapeake High, a local Pasadena school that is also known for their great Music Teacher! The NSA connection here is a great program that is beneficial to schools in AA County. There is a work study program you can start in JR Year! A new two level cafeteria is so cool! All better for making it more exciting for the kids to have a superior lounge and cafe' at their school. Parent involvement is good, and those that are the kids benefit! Can't wait to see where this school is in a few years...

Northeast High School 3

Posted November 13, 2010
this school has some bully problems and low income drug temptations. not that best academic school but its better than glen burnie..

Posted November 06, 2010
This is my senior year at NHS. I absolutely love it. We are one of the most close knit schools around and is more like a family. They have great teachers who truely care about their students and there isnt much violence like the other schools around. I will miss it soo much.

Posted June 24, 2010
The school registrar at Northeast High is a very rude and disrespectful person. Her attitude and demeanor was not only unprofessional but unacceptable when I called with concerns regarding my child. Not only was she rude and disrespectful to me but also to another school official calling on my behalf to clarify a few questions. This concerns me if she feels she can talk to a parent and a professional of her peers in that manner, I wonder how she treats our children!

Northeast High School 3

Posted October 01, 2009
My honest opinion: I am limited to 150 words; my original text was 420 words, so I am going to sum it up: if you send you students to Northeast, make sure they get into a class with Mrs. Kasper (English), Mrs. Braun (Math), Mrs. Gordon (Psychology), Mr. Green (Biology), and/ or Mrs. Watson (Spanish). These are the teachers that have made my High School career what it is, they are the best teachers this school has to offer. As a college student, I have realized that the education I have from Northeast trumps that of most students who went to private school. However, would I send my children there? No. I would not. I would not send them to private school over Northeast, but I would not send them to Northeast.

Posted August 30, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009
Amazing school, i look forward to going each day. Never thought i'd like school!

Northeast High School
1121 Duvall Hwy, Pasadena, MD  21122
Last modified Northeast High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top