No rating

Perry Hall Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 276 students

Our school is known for academic excellence with a Biblical worldview.

Living in Perry Hall

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $314,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,330.

Posted October 6, 2014

As a parent of a public school child going into the private school setting was very concerning, but I have to say PHCS has made the transition from public to private amazingly smooth. My daughter has had a smile on her face from day one and it's because of the school, the staff, teachers and the students! I can't imagine her anywhere else. For her to be in a school that knows each student and student needs you couldn't get in the public school system these days. This school is full of enrichment, challenging academics, sports, caring staff and students. You will not regret it at all. This school is a blessing!!

Posted September 30, 2014

Perry Hall Christian School has not only been a thriving environment for our children, but a blessing. We were welcomed to the PHCS family after the search for a school where there would be growth in every area-intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual and Perry Hall has have definitely fulfilled! We love the care and community that our children feel daily as it ensures us that we have made the best decision towards their future.

Posted April 29, 2014

This school is wonderful ! I have two children who attend school there. One since 6th grade and the other since Pre-k ! We have tried other schools in the area and none given us the same quality of academic's at such an affordable rate ! My kids love it and so do I. The staff are warm and kind . Send your kids here I am sure you won't be disappointed !

Posted April 29, 2014

This school is a wonderful small private school that my son loves to attend. My son entered this school in his sophomore year and has excelled in his studies and sports. They have great teachers and coaches.

Posted April 8, 2014

PHCS is a great environment for Christian parents to feel comfortable sending their children. Great teachers, leadership, church involvement. Very pleased with involvement from teachers, principal and Head of school in all aspects of student life.

Posted March 4, 2014

Growing up in public school system, I thought I would raise my children in public schools as well. After my daughter experience the K3 and K4 program at Perry Hall Christian School which was a positive experience I proceeded to send her for kindergarden to the public school. After three months away from Perry Hall Christian School, I came to the conclusion my daughter as well as myself was missing something. With that said, I transferred her back. PHCS, is much more then a religious school. They excel on the educational side. The feeling of not being just a number is one of the many reasons why PHCS stands out from others. I am so thankful to be a part of PHCS and I look forward to seeing my son attend there in the fall. Very blessed, Jessica Jones

Posted May 28, 2012

We LOVE this school and are very thankful for it. We have 3 children who attend from high school to middle school. We appreciate the caring and godly people who work there and who partner with us to teach our children Christian values. The school is constantly striving to improve the whole educational experience, from academics to spiritual maturity to athletics to community service.

Posted May 24, 2012

This school is not only a revolving door with teachers, but has allowed my son to be bullied for 2 years. Finally without any resolution from the school my son had to stand up for himself on his own because of a lack of disciplinary action which led to a suspension. My advice is to not allow your child in any environment that is unsupervised and with a lack of discipline.

Posted March 28, 2012

I have a K5 and a 4th grade student at PHCS, WE LOVE IT. Great Staff that will go out of there way to help a student that may be struggling in a subject. I could not of asked for a better staff that is so loving and kind to my girls. If you are looking for a Christ center school that has strong values and moral and will go over and beyond their duties, PHCS is the place to be.

Posted January 20, 2012

I am not only proud to teach at PHCS but I am a parent as well. We are a military family and my children have been to many public schools. When I accepted the job at PHCs, I knew my children would attend. I love the Christoan atmosphere that is present everyday in the school. My children makes friends everywhere and are good students but I felt I was losing them in the public system. I saw the spark in all of them this year and I know it is due to the teachers and staff of PHCS. They are thriving more than I ever dreamed of and stepping out of their comfort zone. PHCS has unlimited potential... The faculty is amazing and I cannot even imagine how this school will grow spiritually and academically in the next few years. I feel blessed rthat our family is a part of it.

Posted December 7, 2011

I am excited to see that my grand-daughter enjoys learning and that there is spirit of love and encouragement for all of the kids at PHCS. It is comforting to know that she is in a safe place surrounded by other godly kids and parents, and that her teachers really care about her. It is also important for me to know that she is receiving a Christ centered education.

Posted December 6, 2011

My children have attended PHCS for two years and their time at the school has been a tremendous experience for our family. Having both completed post-graduate work, my wife and I encourage academic achievement in our home. PHCS offers a strong, biblical curriculum in a culturally diverse setting allowing our children to grow spiritually and academically. The faculty encourages them to excel by cultivating their hearts and minds.

Posted December 6, 2011

PHCS has been such a blessing to our daughter and family. We were very burdened at the prospect of our daughter starting school, but ALL of those troubles melted away on our first visit to the school's open house. Since our daughter started kindergarten our opinion of the school has grown even more positive. Everyone we've come in contact with has been extremely friendly. The teachers are open to parent communication at any time, they're very knowledgeable and great with the kids. The school has many different functions to keep you involved and to get a feel for what your children are doing and they're great at keeping the parents informed. I absolutely love this school and I look forward to sending my daughter here for many more years!

Posted November 4, 2011

Perry Hall Christian school is a great school for kids in all grades. The Teachers are very caring and knowledgeable, and only want what is best for the students.

Posted April 17, 2011

I am a former student of PHCS. I went there for grades fourth through seventh. I hated the school. I'm African-American, and noticed lots of racism in the school. They wouldn't celebrate-- let alone mention Black History Month or Hispanic Heritage Month. They don't encourage diversity whatsoever, and are very stuck in their ways. Also, many of my classmates were failing or were below average. The teachers weren't great (at all!), just for the simple fact that a lot of them were not certified for the class they were teaching. They had many teachers teaching classes that they really didn't know how to teach. The teachers never actually gave real work in class. Instead, they would make us write notes the whole class, and then, send us home with two and three hours of homework every night. However, if you want your child to attend a school in a very Christian environment, then PHCS is great for that. Other than that, this school gets NO stars from me.

Posted February 17, 2011

My 2 children have been enrolled in Perry Hall for their elementary school years and we are looking forward to middle school! I am impressed with the principal's commitment to excellence. The teachers are knowledgeable, understanding and dedicated to seeing each child succeed. The class sizes are small. The amount of diversity depends on which grade you are referring to. Office staff are friendly and helpful and the principal is easily accessible. They do a great job of providing a Christian framework for education without sacrificing quality. We plan to enrolls our youngest child in their preschool when she is old enough.

Posted February 14, 2011

This school is top-knotch. They have it all---God-centered teaching, truly caring teachers and administration, and challenging academics. They are the best!

Posted January 18, 2011

One of the great things about PHCS is the staff. The teachers are devoted to their students and the Lord. As a parent, I have been pleased with the ease of contacting teachers, their quick responses and their caring attitudes as they partner with me in raising my children to be thinking and caring individuals of our community. I have also found that the teachers are always willing to go above and beyond in providing instructional training that is suited to individual students. The teachers at PHCS are 5 star quality!

Posted February 8, 2010

I love PHCS. I have 3 children in the school. We have been part of the school family for almost 6 years. I love the commitment of the teachers, the hospitality at the front desk, the students that attend the school, and their parents (most of whom I am well acquainted with). The academics are good and you can't put a price on the spiritual/moral lessons. My husband and I are both college graduates. I graduated from TU and my husband graduated from JHU. We intend to send our children to college following their education at PHCS.

Posted January 13, 2010

Great School, my last child graduated this year and the Christian foundation he received, along with the academics has made the transition to college extremely easy. If your looking for a great private school that offers a lot of extra-curricular activities, PHCS is perfect!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 6%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation Towson University
CCBC
Liberty University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Cold Feet Award (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Robotics club

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Girls on the run

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Steve Taylor
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• College prep
  • Core knowledge
  • Independent Study
  • Parallel Enrollment with CCBC Essex
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Speech and language therapist(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Book/reading club
  • Chess club
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • Girls on the run
  • Robotics club
  • Student council/government
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Towson University
CCBC
Liberty University
College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
Community college courses
SAT/ACT prep classes
School-sponsored trips to college campuses

3919 Schroeder Ave