Posted July 08, 2011
My daughter completed Kindergarten this year and I can not say enough about the education she has received. She has excelled beyond her grade level in reading and was being constantly challenged with harder reading material in a small group. She has had a truly wonderful time. The teachers and staff are always pleasant and want parents involved. I am very happy with the school.

Posted May 10, 2007

Posted April 10, 2007
This is a wonderful school! The staff here goes above and beyond. I have 2 girls in this school at this time in 1st and 2nd grade and they just love it. My son which has a mild autism came from an autistic class setting into this school 4 years ago into the 4th grade and he excelled amazingly. I wish the staff here could follow them all through out middle and high.

Posted November 11, 2006
I am so pleased with Perryville Elementary. My daughter has improved greatly since she started Kindergarten. The teachers are always willing to listen to concerns. The school has so many activities where the parents can be involved! I am so surprised. I can only hope my children keep growing in the same way the entire time they attend this school.

Posted January 27, 2006
My daughter is in 1st grade at P.E.S. After coming from a private Christian school, where she attended Kindergarten, I was a very leary parent. The support my family recieved in making the transition was remarkable. The guidance counselor was so helpful. My child is sensitive and was very afraid to change schools, but the staff at P.E.S. has helped her feel welcomed and safe. I commend the media center, art, music and physical education teachers as well. My daughter is now more interested in all the things around her. They have gone above and beyond to help my daughter not only with her academics, but every aspect of her student life. I am very pleased with this school!

Posted February 19, 2005
My child is in 4th grade at Perryville Elementary. I also have a child in Kindergarden. The difference between this school and my son's previous school is amazing. Perryville has very supportive teachers as well as many programs to improve their students work habits, grades, etc. Positive reinforcement along with keeping fun in the school curriculum has made a world of difference for my children. They enjoy school and have learned very much. There are many extracurricular activities that create an atmosphere condusive to learning and building strong relationships. While I would like to see more parents involved, the school certainly provides for each and every student in the best possible manner.

Posted November 17, 2004
My son is in 2nd grade and is doing extremely well academically and socially. I thank the kind nature of the teachers as well as their willingness to teach as well as listen. My son has been in this school since Pre-K and I would think that it would be very difficult to find the level of professionalism and compassion that all of his teachers as well as other support staff have shown to him during these years. God bless all of the wonderful teachers at Perryville Elementary School and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Posted October 29, 2004
My son up until last year was in an autistic class at another school from age 3-8 he is now in the 5th grade at PES. He has improved miraculously since going to perryville the staff has gone above and beyond the call of duty helping him try to catch up. He now can read although his reading is still behind he reads and has confidence now that its ok to read aloud. I can not give enough praise to the teachers and even cafeteria staff who has sat with him in class on their free time trying to help him. He does still receive some special education but he is learning by leaps and bounds. I just can not say enough to express my gratitude to everyone there leaders, teachers and to the kids in his class who welcomed him and try to help him. Thank You to everyone there.

Perryville Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2003
Perryville Elem. has a lot of improving to do. [Their] Special Ed department has got to get better. They need to get more volunteers in there to help kids with their reading. They need to get teachers in there that want to teach not baby-sit. The principal is a very nice man who works hard to keep that school running. There is no problem with the leadership of Perryville Elem.

Perryville Elementary School
901 Maywood Ave, Perryville, MD  21903
Last modified Perryville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Perryville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top