PK-10, 12
Potomac, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted April 30, 2014
The Muslim Community school is a very warm and loving atmosphere, where children are treated with love and respect. In turn, they are expected to respect and love their elders/teachers. This is in large part the reason it is able to withstand the many trials it happens upon each year. The dedication of some core administrative staff and teaching staff has helped the school flourish both academically and in boosting the overall morale of the school as an above-average learning institution with a family-like atmosphere. This year has especially been trying, and to witness the resolve and problem-solving skills of the administration, staff, parents and students working together towards a common goal has been inspiring and a lesson in the power of sincere intention and hard work. I salute those who have worked tirelessly to help the school continue to thrive despite the odds. These are lessons in persistence and determination that cannot be taught in a text, yet this school teaches by example. For those directly involved in this process, God Bless you for your efforts!

Posted April 27, 2014
My School is........AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY SCHOOL!!! I love my classmates,i love my schoolmates,i love my teachers,i love the staff,AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY PRINCIPAL!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Allah,for placing me in an environment that i myself love love love !!! I thank my teachers ,friends , and the principal who helped me be who i am! LOVE YOU MCS FOREVER AND ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 16, 2014
In the name of allah.our school is very safe and lovely and we like it.

Posted April 11, 2014
I would like to start off saying that this school has a friendly environment. The school itself consists of many teachers not only proud to teach, but also proud to be with students. Subjects taught in this school are not just the main MCPS curriculum, but also ethical values and Islamic practices. The standard of education is very high, and the students are about five years above their level. The principal is a kindred soul, and caring for students. However, she could become disciplinary if she wants to. Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the MCS family, the teachers (Sr. Nahla, Sr. Saba, Coach Tim, Sr. Maryam, Sr. Kemi, Sr. Nusrat, Sr. Rayan, Sr. Mahboubeh, Miss Yeater, Br. AbdulJalil, Sr. Mahboubeh, Sr. Itidal, Sr. Farideh Imani, Sr. Farida Khan, and Sr. Farideh Garmroudi), the Board, the SGA, and our beloved principal, Sr. Somayyeh.

Posted April 11, 2014
The most beautiful thing about the school is that you feel everyone including staffs and families, are a big family, who care for each other. Having polite kids and well educated families are the other reason to name this school one of the bests.

Posted April 09, 2014
This school is an outstanding school which has an environment full of warmth and friendship. A message to all community members: This school has low academic standards because of lack of money. How about you stop complaining and help? Certain community members only complain about issues, but when it comes to helping MCS, they back off as if it has nothing to do with them. If you truly are concerned with the welfare and success of MCS students, then stop speaking words that you show no support of. MCS has students with unlimited potentials and teachers who are caring and articulated. MCS can be like any other school, but it depends on our support. May Allah (SWT) help us become more aware of our responsibility of upholding this school's banner.

Posted April 08, 2014
I'm a parent of a current student. Our child has attended other schools and therefore has a perspective on what she does and does not like. She has developed a tremendous affiliation with the school, staff and her classmates. She has found a place where she belongs, is welcomes and looks forward to being a part of. She is progressing well in her secular education while also receiving exposure to foundational education in core religious beliefs and practices. The school is of course limited in resources and seems to be on a recurring cycle of new management. It seems that the current leadership has been able to finally get the school on a solid financial foundation upon which to build and plan. The continued success of the school will rest on the active participation of the parents and community. If you are looking for a place where the staff will treat your child as their own, are open to improving and where you can have a real say, this is the pace for you! May Allah continue to support the MCS team in their noble endeavor - I see even brighter days ahead iA.

Posted April 08, 2014
My children have attended MCS for seven years and we're so grateful for the nurturing Islamic environment of the school. When I taught at the school I did my research and their educational standards surpass MCPS guidelines. No community is flawless, but this one instills the values and the character that I sought for so long in both my children. I know that the foundation they receive at MCS will give them the strength of character and the academic excellence to succeed in whatever field they choose in the future. Thank you MCS for your many years of service!

Posted April 08, 2014
My kids attend the pre-school. They love it. It's a very affordable private school (relatively), and the teaching of islam is great. They are exposed to positive behaviors and they get one on one attention. They do a lot of work and follow Montgomery County Public Schools curriculum. Plus, they have ample space to run - an indoor gym where they do PE, and an outside playground. I recommend it.

Posted April 08, 2014
The other day my 14 yr old son thanked me for sending him to MCS. I asked him what he likes about this private school. He said "mom I spend time with kids from other schools, they are good and everything, but our values are different. At MCS I can keep and continue to learn good values, how to share, accepting, respect, be non judgmental and have fun at the same time. Practice my faith every minute. The most important thing is that no only I get a sound education but my teachers teach us life lessons." As a parent I can see how home and school compliments each other! Thank you MCS.

Muslim Community School
7917 Montrose Rd, Potomac, MD  20854
Last modified Muslim Community School is a Private school that serves grades PK-10, 12
Muslim Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top