Posted October 17, 2014
My daughter has been bullied ever since she started. They don't care about the no bully rule and they don't take it seriously. You are suppose to be able to email the teachers online and half dont even use . the Principal is never involve . Just there to collect a check like most the teachers. Just a shame .... Don't go here.

Posted August 17, 2014
Dpmms is fun but has many flaws . For instance some people are very rude to the teachers ,staff ect . When you walk around the hallways they only thing you hear form student are mainly cuss words . 6th 7th 8th grades are all cussing and fights happen almost everyday . Dpmms has a uniform policy but not many fallow it , u will see people we're ing jeans , hoddies ect and the administrators do nothing about it . I do have to give them credit , the dance team is great the Dance magnet kids are all so great ( thanks to mrs. Collins ) . Some teacher curse thinking us student didn't hear them . Other teacher don't know how handle students . But I also noticed at Dpmms their happens to be dating , boys touching girls at inappropriate places . The princal has got to do something about 8th and 7th graders taking down on the new 6th graders . In my 6th grade year I was Being bullied my 8 and 7th grader I even know this friend the got jumped by 3 ,7th graders . I have to admit Dpmms has some good qualities , out track team is one of the best our dance team is also good and out math 24 team is wonderful , masa is terrific , ect. .

Posted June 06, 2014
I am an 8th grader being promoted to high school.My experience at deer park wasn't the best but wasn't the worst.Some of the teachers are very disrespectful.Also At least 800 of the student are not disciplined at all.Im going to miss only a handful of teachers and students.The teachers and administrative team are bluffs.They say their going to be consequences for someone but it doesn't happen.And the rare time it does happen,it doesn't work.

Deer Park Middle Magnet School 1

Posted October 29, 2013
this school is terrible, I am an 8th grader at deer park and the principal (Mrs. butler ) is NOT a good principal at all. My mother works at a city school and I would rather go there. I recommend Sudbrook or Franklin. The teachers are amazing, and so are the assistant principals but mrs. Butler takes all the fun away from us and it very rude to her staff. I take place in some clubs and she was very disrespectful to us and our club teacher. everyone including a lot of teachers want a different nicer, but still strict principal. deer park was amazing before she came and she's ruined my middle school experience. If you love your child DONT let them come here!

Deer Park Middle Magnet School 4

Posted September 29, 2013
When I look at the recent accomplishments, I find it extremely encouraging! The Administration, Faculty, Staff and Families are working together to get the best results from the Students. The school, however, is still not completely wired for technology and that's the reason I give it 4 out of 5 stars. But with the continued support of all stakeholders at DPMMS, the school will get the wireless infrastructure our children deserve.

Posted July 06, 2013
This was my daughter's first year. The school plays are outstanding, students are very talented. The teachers promote excellence in students, and my daughter enjoyed the North Bay trip. I am happy with everything so far. I wish that all public schools would consider educating all boys together and all girls in classes together. However, I am happy with the school.

Posted June 19, 2013
I was very nervous to send my son in the beginning. There has been situations where the cops were there as I dropped him off and that went unexplained by administration. There weren't any letters or phone calls that went home. I would learn about the bomb threats and violent assaults from students on other students (sometimes using weapons) from my 6 grader when he came home from school. I do think that they are trying to turn the school around, but it will be a slow process. The teachers were well equipped to manage 20-30 kids per classroom and my son has managed to stay on honor roll. My concern for the teachers is that they don't always email/respond to me in a timely matter. But I would say 70% of the time I would get a response. My son would also complain about the horrible lunch and the filthy bathrooms, which I witnessed myself and also complained about. The best thing about the school is the magnet programs. My son loves his Mass Comm class. It has brought him out of his shell and he isn't as shy as he once was. He's excited to learn everyday and that's all I can ask for. I'm not sure that were going to continue at Deer park but on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7....

Posted September 14, 2012
I do not agree with the older posts. This school has been turning around and is amazing. I was very nervous to send my child there but I am very glad I did.

Deer Park Middle Magnet School 1

Posted September 15, 2011
This school has taken a turn for the worse. Once a top notch magnet school, has now become a disappointing school. The bullying issues are not well addressed and there is a great lack of communication from the staff to parents.

Deer Park Middle Magnet School 2

Posted August 02, 2011
Ms. Martin is DEFINITELY missed. The new assistant principal who thinks that silent lunches are effective needs to go back to remedial training. I'm not sure she's ever worked with children if she thinks that 12 & 13-yr olds can go all day without having some outlet to talk to friends. This places undue stress on the instructors who teach the late classes. Those teachers have 30 students who haven't been able to release any energy all day. Utterly ridiculous! This results in an escalation in the number of frustrated kids.

Deer Park Middle Magnet School
9830 Winands Rd, Randallstown, MD  21133
Last modified Deer Park Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Park Middle Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top