Randallstown, MD

Hernwood Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2014
The students are "out of control" in reference to their behavior. The teachers need professional development in the area of behavior management. The principal seems to have interest, however so far I've only heard empty words without action. The school says they want more parent involvement, yet show little interest in actively soliciting parent volunteers. The PTA is no voice for the parents, the PTA President (also a school employee) seems to be a mere puppet for the Principal and V. Principal, doing only to their bidding. I have given the two stars due to the fact Hernwood does have a handful of quality teachers, who still enjoy their practice. -Hernwood Parent

Hernwood Elementary School 4

Posted January 02, 2014
This year Hernwood has taken an awesome turn. Many new school initiatives as well as caring teachers and administrators. Blue ribbon here we come!!!

Posted December 13, 2013
This school has an awesome parent involvement and staff. A lot of new programs to come and even males figures stepping up to the plate play a huge part in their events.

Hernwood Elementary School 4

Posted November 17, 2011
The reviews on this site are several years old although the last one was 04/08/2010. As an invovled parent and PTA Officer, I believe Hernwood is a good school - is there work to be done - yes. We are well aware of the lack of cultural diversity among the teaching staff and it is one of our top priorities - we've made the Administation as well as Dr. Harriston aware of our concern in this area; however it takes the ENTIRE Hernwood Community to effect chanage - not just the PTA. We consistently ask Parents to join and work with us to create the change we want to see, however it is a struggle to get parent to even join the PTA let alone help.

Posted September 18, 2008
Hernwood is a good school we are going to work on the test scores so that it can become a great school.

Posted January 24, 2007
Hernwood Elementary is an extraordinary school. I am amazed at the level of parent involvement. This school has a great academic program and I am proud to say that my children are performing above average because of the dedication of faculty and staff. Hernwood has an extensive music and arts program and many after school activities to enrich the children's lives. I am proud to say that my children attend Hernwood Elementary School.

Hernwood Elementary School 3

Posted December 14, 2004
I have to agree with the previous comment. All the staff changes have affected the Morale of the school overall. I used to be apart of the PTA and attend all of the Parent meetings but have choose not to this year. Also someone definitely made an error when deciding to recreate these Homogeneous class rooms because you have unrulely disruptive children holding back the ones who are eager for an education.

Hernwood Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2004
The quality of this school has gone down tremendously. Changes in staff and leadership have contributed greatly to the poor quality that this school now possesses. Protocol is not followed and the school fails to take accountability for errors on their part.

Hernwood Elementary School
9919 Marriottsville Rd, Randallstown, MD  21133
Last modified Hernwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hernwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top