Reisterstown, MD

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 12, 2015
When you tell them that what they are doing is the exact same bad thing as the student and acting like hypocrites they don't care.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 12, 2015
I dont have much to say about homework. Its just ordinary middle school homework. I do it on the bus anyways so its not that frustrating.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
The teachers sometimes make students feel bad about themselves and they don't even care. When a student feels frustrated "staff" say that we are "not" trying while we are trying.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
When a staff yells at a student for "disrespecting" them I tell them that they disrespect me all the time.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
I always feel like the teachers at my school even care about my probems except for the nurses. At least they care.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
I always feel like I am being sent to the resource room for no reason. Staff yell at me and I am not doing anything bad

Hannah More School 1

Posted August 12, 2015
This is the worst school I have ever been too. And I got beat up at my elementary school. Its that bad. In fact its so bad they made it into a year round program. Some students are alright but some of the teachers are the worst people I have ever met. i get in trouble for no reason too. The staff always get in your business to irritate you. Some staff even use sarcasm to irritate you even more. And the fact that this school is a high school only school now and one of my best friends is in middle school is just sad. A girl i had a crush on died too and thats why I have been angry all the time now. And when a kid is in the resource room kicking and screaming, the staff don't even do anything and the staff who are nice have moved to Glyndon. And the resource staff just sit there and do nothing like they dont even care. So avoid this school and you might want to try homeschooling your child because all schools have been going down hill.

Hannah More School 5

Posted May 09, 2012
Our son, who has a high-functioning autism diagnosis, has absolutely thrived at this school. He previously attended a large public middle school that was a nightmare experience. The public school was not meeting his IEP goals and his grades plummeted. The worst part was that every day that he attended he was petrified and bullied. When he was approved to attend Hannah More School, he immediately experienced success. His grades improved, he came home happy and was never afraid to go to school. The school has great support systems with classroom aides, social workers, a psychiatrist, nurse etc... Best of all, our son is learning and thriving, is challenged and feels safe. He is even socializing and making friends for the first time. Any behavior issues are dealt with expeditiously, and bullying is not tolerated. Within the last few years, unfortunately, state and county funding shortfalls have meant cuts to staff and services. It would be a real shame to lose such a unique and valuable institution...

Hannah More School 5

Posted March 22, 2011
We have a son with autism and this is his third year at Hannah More. We are so happy to finally find a school where he is a good fit. It didn't start out that way, my son had a lot of behaviors to escape doing his work. Each year he makes more progress and the teachers and staff have worked with us to help him succeed. He will graduate with a diploma and we are looking forward to college for him.

Hannah More School 1

Posted February 08, 2011
If you have a child with special needs, avoid this school at all costs. The teachers here are not trained and are completely unprepared to handle children with special needs. I know, I was a student here. The school hardly accomadated my IEP and held me back on my education by teaching me material that was elementary when I was actually in the 8th grade. The behavioral system meant to "help" the students is a complete mess and only causes more problems for the students. Time out rooms are used as an alternate means to helping students with there problems. There was one student there who seemed to have autism and I always saw him in the time out room with the teachers sitting around doing nothing while the child is screaming and unaware of his behavior. It seemed to me like they were just letting him tire himself out. The school is horrible and even though most of the kids there were really nice and there wasn't much bullying, It always seemed like the teachers were the bullies.

12039 Reisterstown Road, Reisterstown, MD  21136