Bad
Good

While I've had no experiences with any of my daughter's teachers, I do feel that a fifth grader should have more homework than one book report a month and maybe 1 math worksheet per week. I'm a little worried that she won't be prepared for all the work coming during middle school. I also wish there were clubs available for students to participate in.

Very nice school. My son is in First Grade and he is reading very well.I found this school very helpful for him. Mis Puopolo and Ms Mc Manus are excellent teachers. The staff is excellent.

We are ecstatic at the response thus far that we are receiving from out 6 year old in her first year at Chatsworth. She wakes up telling us she is excited to go to school. She comes home excited to do homework! Mrs. Puopolo is doing an excellent job at motivating our daughter to excel and bonding the students in the classroom. I feel the older children mentoring to the younger has been a unique benefit for out daughter. I hope that is is creating the type of leadership and mentoring qualities at school that we try and reinforce at home. Our only concern is that when the time comes for our 3 year old to enter the school system she may not automatically get into Chatsworth like her sister. I am not sure I understand the inherent benefit of changing the previous grandfather rule at this time. We waited 2 years to get our oldest in. Although New Town Elementary and Mrs. McCabe did an excellent job with her, there is an element at NTE that we are happy is not at Chatsworth. How do you offer the best you can to one of your children and not the others?

I found the program here to be extremely adaptive and remarkably accessible for both my son and myself. The teachers are enthusiastic, administration is on top of all the students and their concerns, and there is so much incredible support in terms of onsite social workers and therapists and other professionals. A really valuable experience

This is my son's second year at this school and we are very pleased. The multi-age grouping has benefited him both socially and academically. I feel like he is challenged each day. They strive for excellence in a very caring warm environment. I can't wait for my youngest son to attend.

This school is good for girls who due well with socialization. But not so much boys, who tend to be more distracted by the open environment and lack of personal space. Boys tend to need more time to develop in that area. Chatsworth has to follow BCPS guidelines; it is the same Baltimore county curriculum as all elementary schools. Therefore it is not a Montessori school, which was the original intention when founded, they share tables instead of desks and have a muti-age home base. Besides the open environment they have no extra programs in place which other magnet schools offer. The school starts an hour later than other public elementary schools.

Last modified Chatsworth School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.