Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I attended PHS for a total of 6 months. The amount of contention that occurred within the administration team and lack of education inside classroom walls was what caused my family and I back into the Montgomery County Public School system. I had spent two prior years at Springbrook HS, a Montgomery County school. I took 4 AP classes within my short time at PHS and they were taught with the same rigor as a regular class would be taught at Springbrook. Parkdale's main interest is improving testing scores yet makes no attempt to fix core issues. Most teachers are unqualified, failing to plan accordingly. The only teacher I had that went above and beyond was the AP Calculus AB teacher. Students are not at fault no matter what administration says. Most AP teachers have no adequate training; I cannot fathom what the regular classes were like. Our lunch was to be about 30 mins long but they cut corners giving us less time. I will admit some of the students do not care for school, skipping class and wandering the halls, but most to attempt to learn. This school is not the school to attend if you expect rigor, practicality, and helpful administration.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers think piles of work will somehow improve the student's test scores. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that a teacher truly thought writing half a paper in Hindi (with no past knowledge of the language) was preparing me for the AP World exam.

If I could give 0 stars I would. Do not send your child to this school Lori Taylor is evil, vindictive, immature a bully and unprofessional. Someone like that should not be around children. She lets her emotions get the best of her and treat the children based on her personal feelings towards them. A shame, what grown adult with any common sense would pick on a child. An awful human being who cares nothing about the children. She is obviously unhappy in her personal life.

I feel as though Parkdale needs to clean the school more, especially the bathrooms and hallways because it doesn't look representable to me, but however, it is a good school

This school is honestly not that bad. You have to make the best out of it. For a parent to say it is horrible,then they may not be pushing their child to take the extra step & make it a great experience.Our new principal has had former experience as a vice principal and is doing an amazing job.The IB program offers students in depth knowledge as well as the AP program. We also have Global Studies & a new Homeland Security Program.Parkdale is doing GREAT things.We've met with children from a boarding school in Kenya and are working to even sponsor them to study here.Many are finding out what they would like to do in higher level learning and are improving their grades.We have OUTSTANDING clubs such as Student Government Association and Robotics Club.If your child is having a hard time adapting to the school,try enrolling them in after school clubs or meet up with their teachers. The school can not help to make your child feel more comfortable unless you call and see. There is always room for improvement,but the school needs your input not only in what can be done better but that the parents and child are also taking steps to a comfortable environment. And this goes for ANY school.

Really bad from all points of view. Do your "homework" and you will find out why.....

Many things have changed at PHS with a new principal and administration staff, they have insured our safety and reciving the best education that PG county has to offer. With outstanding AP and IB programs you are almost garanteed the best results. Though, even the best schools have"riff raff" These students have a lack of home training and are only a few compared to the rest of the school. I believe the parents are the blame and you cannot expect teachers to do what should have already been done in the home. I love attending PHS!! And couldnt imagine going anywhere else. So NO Parkdale isnt a bad school, maybe a bit overcrowded but a great place to learn. And about the temperature in the building... Bring a sweater for cold days. The building a bit old thats all. No you wont get abused by gangs, beat up because your a freshman, or forced to use any type of drug. No there arent metal dectors, but yes there is security. Your safe!! Dont worry! If you come to school for the right reasons then you should have a wonderful experience. Congrats Class of 2011!!

I don't know why people are always complaining about this school. It's not great, but it's not bad. The IB Program and the AP classes offered are excellent. This school has the best IB Program in the state. Some of the teachers are savvy, I agree with that. I think that a few of the teachers need to be more considerate and learn to how to show respect to their students. Overall, this school has not disappointed me. There are many studious and intelligent students in this school!

My son is a freshman at Parkdale. We had not heard any good things about the school and were quite concerned. We are delighted with my son's progress. The school is safe, the 9th grade academy is state of the art, he loves his teachers and feels challenged. He has a good group of friends. The only rough spot is in the administration of the school, but it seems that savvy teachers have found ways around that to communicate directly with students. I'm thrilled with the school!

My daughter is always coming home complaining about this school, it's always too cold or too loud or the teacher's attitude are more devil-may-care than anything else. This school needs a definitely needs serious disciplinary readjustments, and obviously the dress code isn't working as it should.

Last modified Parkdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.