3-12|Private

Bad
Good

. The school gave my 12 yr old 5 months before they surprised us by telling us they would not keep him. What a shame this school turned out to be. When they made the decision to not keep my son that was when the fingertip bruises began showing up on my child's arms. They claim they don't use force but the do put children in holds. The last day my son attended the school he came home with extensive bruising along his rib cage. I had to take him to his pediatrician and she was so upset that she called child protective services on the school. Later, the school claimed that my child did the bruising to himself while throwing himself on the ground during a three hour tantrum. It doesn't matter to me who or how because when I drop my child off he's in their care. They will not notify parents if there is a hard time going at school don't know if it's because of their Egos or what. Treating children like they expect special needs kids to all listen and react the same is absolutely ridiculous. They also don't have great nursing staff and they are terrible communicators with parents.

This school has many problems with respect for students teachers and especially therapists that are coming out of the principals office. Hopefully the new principal is better than the last. The principal needs to care for employees and students welfare. Threats of employee jobloss tends not create good morale. Especially when hiring and firing become too frequent.

My son has been enrolled in the Oakmont Primary Program for the last 2 years after 2 disastrous placements. The staff is wonderfull, and is very willing to work with our private team. They really "get" my son, and I feel like they are really there because they want him to succeed, not just for the paycheck. My son has made huge strides and it is due in large part to the education he is receiving at Frost/Oakmont.

I have mixed feelings about this school. My son is actually in high school student for the first time this year. My point in writing this review is for parents like me who are trying to find a good special needs school to help their child. When choosing this school after interviewing many, this was the only school I found that wasn't a hour or more away that didn't use force or isolation as discipline. Although that sounds good the school has high demands and expectation for these Children from day one. What I have observed that I feel needs to change is the response to individuals. Like the other review said rules are rules and nothing is treated as an individual situtation. So if your child's disability has to do with uncontrollable blurting out and the child speaks during a day where he isn't allowed to then he will be in trouble for something that is hard to control. Also they allow peers to discipline the children in different ways which causes problems especially for children with mood disorders. When looking at this school just make sure your child can deal with the high demands and expectations because it can make your child feel hopeless and beat on their self esteem.

Last modified The Frost School is a Private school that serves grades 3-12