Rockville, MD

The Frost School 1

Posted November 26, 2014
This school has many problems with respect for students teachers and especially therapists that are coming out of the principals office. Hopefully the new principal is better than the last. The principal needs to care for employees and students welfare. Threats of employee jobloss tends not create good morale. Especially when hiring and firing become too frequent.

The Frost School 5

Posted April 01, 2014
My son has been enrolled in the Oakmont Primary Program for the last 2 years after 2 disastrous placements. The staff is wonderfull, and is very willing to work with our private team. They really "get" my son, and I feel like they are really there because they want him to succeed, not just for the paycheck. My son has made huge strides and it is due in large part to the education he is receiving at Frost/Oakmont.

The Frost School 2

Posted November 16, 2012
I have mixed feelings about this school. My son is actually in high school student for the first time this year. My point in writing this review is for parents like me who are trying to find a good special needs school to help their child. When choosing this school after interviewing many, this was the only school I found that wasn't a hour or more away that didn't use force or isolation as discipline. Although that sounds good the school has high demands and expectation for these Children from day one. What I have observed that I feel needs to change is the response to individuals. Like the other review said rules are rules and nothing is treated as an individual situtation. So if your child's disability has to do with uncontrollable blurting out and the child speaks during a day where he isn't allowed to then he will be in trouble for something that is hard to control. Also they allow peers to discipline the children in different ways which causes problems especially for children with mood disorders. When looking at this school just make sure your child can deal with the high demands and expectations because it can make your child feel hopeless and beat on their self esteem.

The Frost School 5

Posted October 28, 2005
I have had a different experience at the Frost School-Elementary. I found the school very helpful and caring. I too have a 10 yr. old boy that has made many changes socially, emotionally and academically due to the time and effort of the teacher and his therapist. My son loves to come to school everyday and his self esteem has soared higher than my husband and I could have hoped for. We too have learned many things about parenting,discipline,structure and routines. It is a therapeutic school that utilizes talk therapy -peer and family groups. the whole family must be willing to change and grow to help the child in need. I know that the Frost team is on our side and have the best interest of my son in mind when decisions are made - thank you Frost Elementary School for caring about my son.

The Frost School 1

Posted November 17, 2004
Special ed school for ED kids. If your child responds to tough love, this is the place for you. We found 'tough' at Frost translated into rigid and inflexible. Don't expect a program that will be tailored to deal with your child's particular issue; one size fits all here. It doesn't matter if it's not effective, or even if it's setting the child back, they won't move an inch. Discipline measures are draconian, the therapists are unprofessional and will not listen to your concerns. At the age of 10, my child had more talk therapy than Woody Allen. The principal is loath to get involved with any parent concern or complaint, one teacher told me she felt intimidated by the therapists when she disagreed with them. These comments are for the elementary school only; the middle and high schools have different staff.

The Frost School