Rockville, MD

Posted October 14, 2014
We are new to this school and are amazed at the sense of community and quality of education. My daughter in middle school is being prepared for high school with block scheduling and organizational classes. My younger son is happy with the teachers, schedule and creative way the curriculum is administered. The teachers truly try to engage the children no matter what their learning style is. I was very sad to read the review from the graduate posted here. If anything, my children are more empowered in the few short months they have been at St. Mary's

St Marys Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2014
I went here and hated this school. All it does is prepare you to be scared in life. If you value your children's future, DO NOT send them here.

Posted March 14, 2014
I am a parent with 3 children at St. Mary's and we have had a wonderful experience. I am a working single mom and I have found St. Mary's teachers, parents, students, and community wonderful! I feel like everyone has welcomed and accepted me and my children with open arms. The kids get a good solid education. the specials ie. music, art, Spanish, and technology seem outstanding. I am extremely pleased with the caring environment that St. Mary's offers. I have never heard any parent say anything but high compliments for the school! I appreciate that Father Gallagher and Principal Eisel are available to greet the kids outside every day. There is a wonderful sense of community. All the teachers and staff seem very involved with all the kids. I am a very involved parent with much higher standards than almost anyone I know and my children have attended other schools but I have been extremely pleased at St. Mary's. I also think the building and facilities are extremely good compared to the other Catholic and small private schools I toured, many of which had much higher tuition. I would highly recommend to my friends, family, and others!

Posted February 26, 2014
St. Mary's is a wonderful school with great teachers and excellent administrators. We have two children in the school who are growing academically and spiritually. The church leadership is involved and all the parents create a vibrant community. There is a reason why this is a blue-ribbon school.

Posted January 26, 2014
As a long time St. Mary's parent, I have been pleased with the overall experience. St. Mary's is a welcoming, supportive community. The school has afforded my children opportunities that have helped them develop into kind, happy, intelligent, confident people with strong Christian values. My high schooler was well prepared to take on an honors curriculum in high school. St. Mary's follows the same ADW curriculum that other area Catholic schools follow, and has qualified, dedicated teachers at all levels who take an interest in each child's success. In addition to the core academics, St. Mary's offers superior art and music education and numerous extra curricular activities. Best of all, my children are happy to go to school each day.

Posted January 18, 2014
This school is a true gift for my kids and I know they will talk great things about St. Mary's when they grow up and move on to their lives! My kids love this school. They feel loved by their teachers and are beginning to nourish friendships with their classmates. There is a lot of focus on passing on faith values through service and different classroom projects. You don't get this on a regular school. Academically, I feel that my kids are attaining a sense of independence or ownership with everything they learn and do, and I must attribute that to their teachers. The school hours are so convenient and I always feel that my children are well protected and taken care of every day when I drop them off at 7:30am until I pick them up after 3 P.M. For us working parents, this is very convenient. I love seeing that priest, Fr. Gallagher?, and the principal, Mrs. Eisel, greeting and welcoming my kids at the door EVERY DAY. It's just amazing. The school is also open to parents volunteering in many activities but also they don't force you like in other schools. There is a good spirit here, I think.

St Marys Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2013
We had our 5 year old son in St. Mary's pre-K and have had problems with his teacher, who's name I will leave out of the review. The new principal we also found unprofessional on many levels, she missed 2 meetings with us and never showed, only to call us 3 weeks later. Overall, for the money we could find a better schools with more caring teachers.

Posted March 26, 2013
Both my children have attended/graduated from St. Mary's in Rockville, Md. The experience was exceptional. The teacher's take a very active interest in the success of their students, they stay in close contact with the parents, and are willing to help in any way needed. It's not just a school it's like an extension of family. The community of parents and students also very tight.The success of each student is of great concern to the faculty as well as the parents. I do not regret sending my children to this school and I recommend St. Mary's to any parent who is looking for a school with a great academic curriculm as well as a safe and loving environment for their child/children. Our moto is "Christ is the reason for our school" need I say more.

Posted February 27, 2013
My son goes to St Mary's. Our experience has been wonderful from the start. Academically, the school is top notch. The combination of the fun......celebrating holidays, special days and holy days, makes for a perfect learning environment. I also like how the school gets the children involved in social concerns.

Posted February 27, 2013
My daughter has attended St. Mary's School for 7 years. She has always been adequately challenged and offered enrichment when she has mastered the grade level requirements. She has been taught great study skills and has been taught a good work ethic. She has had very good relationships with all of her teachers. The faculty and staff are warm and welcoming, always willing to communicate about my child's progress. Having had the experience of sending children to public school, I appreciate that the teachers at St. Mary's are here because they love the children and teaching the word of God. There is a very strong catholic identity within the school. The school goes to weekly mass, quarterly benediction and rosary. I like knowing my child is safe and feels safe at St. Mary's. Parents are always welcome but are asked to comply with all child protection policies. The parent community is very involved in parish activities for the children and is supportive to the other families. I feel the St. Mary's community is like extended family.

St Marys Elementary School
600 Veirs Mill Road, Rockville, MD  20850
Last modified St Marys Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Marys Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top