Rockville, MD
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The mission of Montrose Christian School is to shape a Christian worldview into students for the Glory of the God, for the good of humanity, and for the growth of each student. Our qualified, Christian faculty is dedicated to the growth and development of each child whom God has entrusted to us. We endeavor to nurture each child's physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development. At Montrose Christian School, it is our goal to equip students with the needed tools to find and fulfil God s design for their lives.
January 6, 2014

Montrose Christian School 3

Posted November 08, 2013
College counseling at the school is not strong. As a parent of an upper classman I have seen very little in terms of counseling for upper school. These are very critical years and I desperately need a counselor at the school, who is up in the latest career trends, willing to sponsor workshops, classes, focus groups, and special presentations that focus on job skills and personal development. Arrange job shadowing opportunities, work placements, and community-based learning programs to allow students to directly experience workplace situations. Advise students and parents on high school programs and academic curriculum, sponsoring workshops, classes, focus groups, and special presentations that focus on job skills and personal development. The communication I received from last school year 2012-2013 was very little with regards to any of the areas I mentioned above. MCS this is the one area that needs focus to maintain a strong upper class. The goals for the very important role at MCS need to be measurable in order to yield good results for the students. The new administration is working very hard to turn around things so I hope this is very helpful. God Bless.

Posted October 28, 2013
My child has been with Montrose Christian for several years. He began attending in the Child Development Center. I am very pleased with the love and nurture that he receives at MCS. As Christian parents, the best part of having him at Montrose is knowing that his spirit is fed. He learns a new verse every week and is always excited to share the next Bible story with us. Academically, I am pleased with the approach of the school as well. Because he is ahead of his peers in reading, his teacher provides him with additional materials to help him keep learning at his own pace. I also love that his learning is hands-on. They do a range of experiments and special projects that they display for parents to see. He is enjoying school and learning so much. The work they do at Montrose is remarkable.

Posted October 27, 2013
Excellent school in a warm multicultural community. Outstanding faculty and staff, challenging curriculum, nurturing and loving environment for all students. All around service provided is worth every penny invested. Come see for yourself and join the Montrose Family.

Posted October 01, 2013
Thank God for Montrose! This is truly a uniquely multicultural school that celebrates the backgrounds of each student, parent, and staff member but also celebrates that we are all united in our desire to serve and glorify God in serving others. This is not the first Christian school I have taught in, but it is the best. Is it perfect? No, but the atmosphere is one of seeking to improve every year and be better than the year before not for the glory of the school but for the glory of God.

Posted September 30, 2013
I am fairly new to the Montrose family and let me tell you, the parents at this school are fantastic. When I came to the school, I was welcomed in with open arms. This is the fourth Christian school I have taught in and these parents are second to none! I have never been in such a positive environment. They cheerfully give of their time and talents to support the school and students whether it is cooking a special Christmas breakfast for the students, selling food at the basketball games, or chaperoning field trips. I love teaching here!

Posted September 30, 2013
I have been teaching at Montrose Christian School for 35 years. I am also a deacon and 42 year member of Montrose Baptist Church. I am convinced that Montrose currently has the strongest teaching staff we have ever had -- both academically and spiritually. We have had many wonderful teachers over the years, but we have somehow managed to keep improving every year. Under the leadership of Pastor Fentress, we will continue to remain rooted in the Word of God in all that we do.

Posted September 30, 2013
THIS IS A WONDERFUL SCHOOL! Visit the school and you be the judge. The new administration team is doing a great job and there are positive changes.

Montrose Christian School 1

Posted August 31, 2013
The school used to be a great school. My daughter attended Montrose for seven years and these seven years I have seen this school going from bad to worse. I am very happy that my daughter no longer goes to Montrose.

Montrose Christian School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
Montrose Christian School is a GOOD SCHOOL!!!- All that is following Christ must stand the test of time. It meets all of a parents needs - before and after care, hot lunch, diverse student body, followers of Christ, the academic program is above standard, challenging and prepares your student, instill discipline, requires uniform, PTA, field trips, track, cheerleading, band, soccer, tennis, basdketball, chess club, debate team, softball, chorus, fall and spring plays

Montrose Christian School 4

Posted July 18, 2013
I agree with some of the negative and positive feedback. In the end, parents: when choosing a school for your child please do your homework. Being able to hand pick your child's learning environment (as opposed to attending public school) is such a blessing and a great opportunity to find the right fit. Montrose provides a diverse student body and an intimate setting for the children to learn as it is a small school. At Montrose you have to be an involved parent and, in my opinion, learning starts in the home. Send your kids to school prepared and set the expectation for learning before they walk out the door. I love Montrose and I just want people to remember that every school is not going to be the right fit and Montrose can be the perfect fit for you as it is for our children.

Montrose Christian School
5100 Randolph Road, Rockville, MD  20852
Last modified Montrose Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Montrose Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top