Posted September 11, 2013
This school is fantastic! Our daughter attended Early Primary and Primary here, and then went to public school for kindergarten. We were so unimpressed with the public school system, we sent her back for elementary school this year. We feel good knowing that she's in a challenging, caring environment, where she's not a number, and where the teachers truly care about her. All the teachers are great - every single one of them. I highly recommend this school.

Good Shepherd Montessori School 3

Posted August 27, 2013
I give this school 3 stars because of Mrs. Reid. She is the most annoying, nosy person I have met. Other than that, I agree with others about warm athmosphere and the overall environment.

Posted October 30, 2012
Our daughter has been here since she turned three, and it has been amazing to watch her learn. The teachers guide all the children at their own pace and its so much fun to see all of them quietly absorbed in their own work. A very warm and friendly place overall.

Posted October 24, 2012
My three children attended the programs (pre-primary, primary and elementary), we were part of the school for 6 years. We all loved the experience. The school taught them not only good habits, but also gave a solid foundation for intellectual and academic development. The school is well run, and the kids learn the rules fast. Whenever I visited the class, whether announced or not, the kids were doing their activities in an organized, and quiet manner, without any distraction. I was pleased with what I observed. The school director was very successful in hiring the best teachers. They are caring, and make sure that a child learns while having fun. My children are now in elementary school, and doing very well academically. I attribute some of that to the good habits and a love for learning they got at Redwood Montessori.

Posted March 19, 2010
I have 2 children at Good Shepherd and we have been very happy with the cozy school and warm, caring teachers there. One child is in the preprimary program and another is in the primary program, and both have received a wonderful authentic Montessori experience. I've also heard great things about the elementary program and we hope to continue on there. The director tries hard to keep the tuition costs low as well. Oh, and in case you are wondering, it is not a religious school; the name is a carryover from a previous administration several years ago. My kids and I highly recommend this school!

Good Shepherd Montessori School 1

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted August 06, 2008
My daughter spent a year (from two to three years old) here before we had to move her to a more convenient school. She had a wonderful experience - the teachers are thoughtful and caring and custom-tailor their approach to the child (which is really important when they are so young and at such different levels of readiness). The students come from a good mix of backgrounds, both ethnically and economically. It's unpretentious, good education for your little one.

Posted June 05, 2006
My older daughter has just graduated from kindergarten at GSMS, while my younger daughter (3) will continues there for two more years. The school has only one class which makes it very cozy and family-like. The best part of the school are the teachers. They are experienced, easy to approach, love kids and are passionate about the school. They teach kids to make good choices and emphasize independence. I am glad that they teach Monart drawing - as a result, my daughter can draw very nice pictures even though she is not a born artist. If you are a music lover, you will appreciate piano lessons offered at school. The kids get to hear nice music and learn many songs from the teacher who also teaches piano and violin. It was one of our best decisions to enroll our kids there.

Good Shepherd Montessori School
1605 Veirs Mill Road, Rockville, MD  20851
Last modified Good Shepherd Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Good Shepherd Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top