PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

The classrooms are small and the teachers all know their students very well. Staff is caring and well trained to give each child the attention and time they need.

Our son attended Redwood Montessori for two years. We were very pleased with the school. The school director is very competent and committed. The primary school teachers this last year were very kind and our son really thrived at the school and with the Montessori method. In the DC area, it is hard to find a place that is as genuine and down to earth as this school and its teachers are. When we left our son, we really felt confident we were leaving him in good hands. The decision to go with public school for our son's elementary education was a difficult one, especially since Mrs. Souder-Bond, the school director will be teaching the elementary class starting next year.

This school is fantastic! Our daughter attended Early Primary and Primary here, and then went to public school for kindergarten. We were so unimpressed with the public school system, we sent her back for elementary school this year. We feel good knowing that she's in a challenging, caring environment, where she's not a number, and where the teachers truly care about her. All the teachers are great - every single one of them. I highly recommend this school.

Our daughter has been here since she turned three, and it has been amazing to watch her learn. The teachers guide all the children at their own pace and its so much fun to see all of them quietly absorbed in their own work. A very warm and friendly place overall.

My three children attended the programs (pre-primary, primary and elementary), we were part of the school for 6 years. We all loved the experience. The school taught them not only good habits, but also gave a solid foundation for intellectual and academic development. The school is well run, and the kids learn the rules fast. Whenever I visited the class, whether announced or not, the kids were doing their activities in an organized, and quiet manner, without any distraction. I was pleased with what I observed. The school director was very successful in hiring the best teachers. They are caring, and make sure that a child learns while having fun. My children are now in elementary school, and doing very well academically. I attribute some of that to the good habits and a love for learning they got at Redwood Montessori.

I have 2 children at Good Shepherd and we have been very happy with the cozy school and warm, caring teachers there. One child is in the preprimary program and another is in the primary program, and both have received a wonderful authentic Montessori experience. I've also heard great things about the elementary program and we hope to continue on there. The director tries hard to keep the tuition costs low as well. Oh, and in case you are wondering, it is not a religious school; the name is a carryover from a previous administration several years ago. My kids and I highly recommend this school!

My daughter spent a year (from two to three years old) here before we had to move her to a more convenient school. She had a wonderful experience - the teachers are thoughtful and caring and custom-tailor their approach to the child (which is really important when they are so young and at such different levels of readiness). The students come from a good mix of backgrounds, both ethnically and economically. It's unpretentious, good education for your little one.

Last modified Redwood Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5