Bad
Good

Carl Sandburg Learning Center is a Wonderful Caring school! The Teachers and Staff are amazing! They go out of their way to make our Children's day Great! t's so refreshing to see Teachers and Staff that Love their jobs! I can truly see it because my Son is so happy to go to school!!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Marlene Kenny the Principal is Amazing! You can see it by how happy the Teachers and Staff are at Carl Sandburg!

The school and staff are great when your child is not having a lot of behavior problems. They like to put the new behavior blame on everything besides the real problems. My child came home many times with finger tip bruising and bruising under the arm pits from transporting him to the isolation room. They will work with parents but it seems like there comes a time that 'they' give up. If you have to send your child here then keep a guard up and be a proactive parent.

We have only been at Carl Sandburg for a short time but so far I love the way they treat the children. Our child has multiple disabilities and the staff at CS has been nothing but helpful. We have had our child in schools in various states like, Florida, California and Nebraska and we are very pleased with this public school. We especially love the way they all line up in the mornings to greet the children walking in from the school buses. Always positive towards the children which is what these kiddo's need. I'm happy we have found Carl Sandburg! Great communication from teacher, great therapy, terrific staff! You can really see they are trying to make a difference. The nurse is always on top of our child's medical needs so that is a huge relief for us. Great job Carl Sandburg!

Carl Sandburg Learning Center is a small public school for 'Special Nedds Children'. My son has been there from Kindergarten to 4th. He has received the most personalized curriculum that I have ever heard about! Every year he is coaxed to move up a level or two! There is no pushing to 'perform'! He has been allowed to move at his own pace with incredible support! He is eager to go to school each day and is dissapointed on days when there is no school! Every Teacher and Specialist that he has had has been very open and forthcoming about telling me about his progress and what I can do at home to help HIM sucCeed in the classroom! All of the IEP meetings have not been rushed or uncomfortable. Every time I have had a concern it has been handled immediately! I recommend this school to anyone who has a child who needs specialized instruction

Last modified Carl Sandburg Center is a Public school that serves grades K-5