Rockville, MD

College Gardens Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2014
Teachers are not responsive enough to take care of kids. I had to write multiple emails to teachers just to explain what they can improve on.

Posted March 23, 2014
Overall, i like they teach kids to make their own decisions and respect them as well... seeing the progress in my kid, it feels great.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 13, 2013
This is one of the best schools in the the area. With the PYP program the students are able to understand about the world beyond just traditional learning. The teacher and stuff are all very good at what they do as educators.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 06, 2013
College Gardens is a fantastic school, my daughter is now in third grade. Her teachers have been excellent year after year. The new principal is devoted to the students and it really shows all throughout the school. The parents are also very involved which makes a wonderful learning environment for the kids.

Posted September 03, 2013
Phenomenal school! Not only does it post a rigorous IB curriculum, but it offers what ALL schools should offer--caring staff, a fabulous principal with an open door policy, terrific parents, and a great community of parents and kids. My daughter and son are receiving a great education, and making great memories at their school. Go Gators!

Posted August 09, 2013
I love, love, love College Gardens. My kids are now entering 4th and 5th grade and have been there since Kindergarten. I am so sad to only have 2 years left. The teachers and staff are awesome. Our current Principal, Mrs. Rogovoy, is just the best. Responsive and compassionate while leading the school with enough structure and guidelines to allow everyone (students and teachers like) to flourish.

Posted July 22, 2013
I completely disagree with the other negative comments. This school has been a wonderful place for our children (7 & 9) over the last two years. The curriculum implemented provides engagement and rigor that keeps children interested and excited about school. The teachers we have had in both 2nd and 4th grade have been amazing with instruction and communication. Overall, we have been very happy with the administration and PTA. Our family enjoys the IB program and the units of inquiry. Furthermore, our families love the additional after school activities such a lego club, run club and the talent show.

College Gardens Elementary School 3

Posted November 11, 2012
I dont think this school understands what it means to be an IB school. Staff and principle is aloof. Children are little bullies as another reviewer also mentioned. Your child will come home having learned many "bad words" from the kids you thought would be the "good kids from good families"

College Gardens Elementary School 1

Posted June 15, 2012
Horrible school! Our daughter was there for kindergarten and we quickly took her out where she did very well in another school in the area. The staff is appallingly rude and abrasive. The children are rude and little bullies. We had a horrible experience there. The staff yelled at me for every little mistake and yelled at my daughter in my presence. It was a horrible experience. There is a strong NAACP presence in the school which makes one think about the schools tolerance and fairness. This is a very poor excuse for an IB school. The staff does not demonstrate any of the IB principles. We are very happy to be out of that school.

Posted September 08, 2011
I had two children at CGES (1 was there for the last 2 yrs. and the other one from K - 5). This school is the 2nd school in the US that has a vertical IB pathway (from ES through HS). From the education standpoint, the school is absolutely fantastic. Students are taken to the maximum of their interests and abilities, using the state of the art technology (the school building is also new and opened only two years ago - now, the fact that the student population has grown beyond any expectations and the building has already become too small for the existing student population is another thing), and the staff is excellent for most part. With the exception of two homeroom teachers out of eight that my kids had between the two of them, I would say that 6 were absolutely fantastic, that one of the eight was OK and that the eight out of eight was not as good (she lacked both enthusiasm and teaching experience). The new school principal is fine. The disciplinary policy is not as children friendly and sometimes misused by aid staff members, but all in all, the kids are great and most often they behave within the expected parameters. The CGES education programs & student diversity are superb

College Gardens Elementary School
1700 Yale Place, Rockville, MD  20850
Last modified College Gardens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Gardens Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top