Rockville, MD

Farmland Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2014
Farmland is blessed with excellenta and dedicated teachers. School leadership however is mostly concerned with image however. For example, Farmland's leaders claim security a main priority, but my own observations indicate otherwise. Exterior door left open, front door locked opened for everyone without identifying themselves first, etc. Same goes for school bullying policy- leaders more concerned with advertising the policy rather than actual proper enforcement of policy. I observed fights on the playground where no one was sent to principals office- and ineffective adult supervision/control of lunch room and playground area. Another critical area that needs improvement (as with most public schools) is the school lunch program. Montgomery County really needs to get away from supporting big aggribussiness no matter what the Feds want to encourage, and support a healthier menu. We as a nation need to feed and teach proper nutrition and Montgomery County being a rather well off area of the country should be a leader in this endeavor and stop feeding kids pizza and mac and cheese. Farmland management officials must empower staff to practice and enforce the policies they preech.

Posted April 17, 2012
We love this school. As the other reviewers have noted, there is a unique international spirit. The teachers are nurturing and engaged; there is a strong sense of community; and the diversity of students is enriching. My son started at Farmland after having attended two international schools in Africa and Asia - and felt right at home. This is as good, if not better, than those schools

Posted February 10, 2012
Farmland is a great school. I have a kid in kindergarten and is extremely happy with the school curriculum. The teachers are great and very active.

Posted July 26, 2010
Farmland is an amazing, and one of a kind elementary school. Excellent teachers, wonderful school leadership, and highly educated population. All my three kids were fortunate to be part of this unique international environment, with a huge sense of community. this school is a real life proves for living in peace and harmony, respect, and welcoming in a unique, and diverse school population.

Posted February 03, 2010

Posted August 05, 2009
This is a wonderful school. Everybody loves it. I have had 2 children there and one has now moved on tho middle school. I definitely recommend anybody to place their kids in our fantastic school.

Posted December 03, 2008
I have 2 kids there, now in 2nd grade and Kindergarten. Both love their school! The teachers are excellent. Every student gets individualized attention to perform at his or her best level. There is a great international community spirit at the school. Really a place to thrive!

Farmland Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2008
Overall the school ok. However I, like some other parents, am curious as to why the enthnicity of the educational staff (administrators, teachers etc.) is not a little more diverse.

Posted August 25, 2007

Posted May 15, 2007
I went to Farmland Elementary School from 1967-1969 and in truth the look of the school, other than the recent addition, is pretty much the same as it was then. My daughter is in kindergartent and I volunteer in the classroom twice a month. My daughter has far exceeded my expectations of what I thought she would learn in kindergarten. Her teacher (in a class of 26) has managed to teach her to read, to spell, to do math at a level that we used to do in first and second grade. She now reads me the bedtime stories. I have friends whose kids are in an expensive private school and they are not doing as well. I could not be happier with Farmland.

Farmland Elementary School
7000 Old Gate Rd, Rockville, MD  20852
Last modified Farmland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farmland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top