Posted June 07, 2015
I have three current students at this school. I have been more than pleased with all of their teachers so far, and I am so grateful that the community is so welcoming and friendly. I went to Catholic school as a child, and originally thought I'd love to send my children as well. But now I'm glad we couldn't afford it:) FVES has so many great opportunities for their students - both because of the active PTA and because the school staff is committed to the students. The only things that bother me are not because of the school but because of the county/state regulations (testing, class size, calendar - let's vote out that BOE;)). We are planning on moving soon - but will definitely stay in boundary so that our children can stay at their beloved school.

Posted May 01, 2015
I am a first year parent at FVES and the experience has been excellent. The teachers are war and welcoming and they have genuine concern for the children's education and well being. They have an organized and structured curriculum and in school after and before care programs. Which beats some other schools by having to bus the children off to another facility. They also offer multiple languages and have extensive technology in the school. They recently built and added new playground equipment and have a very involved and active PTA. I think this school is doing it right and I am very happy with it.

Posted February 18, 2015
I have two children currently attending Flower Valley Elementary (FVES), and I d strongly recommend it. At FVES, my children have received a top-notch rigorous academic education in a peaceful learning environment where school leaders and staff teach children to respect and celebrate diversity. I love the diversity of the staff and students at FVES, and appreciate that students learn and recite a daily "Peace Pledge." Most significantly, however, I am impressed with the rigorous academic instruction and nurturing learning environment that my children have received. I can honestly say that my children have always felt that their FVES teachers truly cared about them, loved teaching, and were committed to making a difference. And, as a parent, I believe that my children have received an excellent elementary education and are well-prepared for middle school and beyond. I have found that the current principal and other leaders of the school are consummate professionals who are extremely responsive to parent questions and concerns. The PTA is very involved. In sum, I strongly recommend FVES and will be sad when my children graduate and move onto middle school.

Flower Valley Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
I too have had a very difficult experience at this school. My child was in the deaf program. She came home with bruises (bullying). When I took it up with the school asking why the teacher in charge allowed this to occur, they fought me vehemently. I pulled my kid out of the school as I could not afford attorney fees. The teacher in question is still at the school

Flower Valley Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2014
If you have a child with special needs, be very wary. The IEP process is rigidly controlled and your rights as a parent, if contrary to the school's decision, ultimately may not be regarded. The school is very driven by liability (they say safety), and there is high degree of liberal elitism at play. Otherwise, the level of education provided was very good and my child's needs were addressed. But your decisions as a parent will be overridden if they decide to the contrary.

Posted September 13, 2013
We have three kids in Flower Valley, 5th grade, 2nd grade, and Kindergarten. Flower Valley is a wonderful school and my kids LOVE it here! I like that there are Special Education programmes for kids with Emotional Problems, along with special classes for Hard of Hearing, ESOL for kids who are not fluent with English, and much more! The teachers are wonderful, and the new principal, Mrs. Melnick, is striving to make FV one of the top schools in Montgomery County. I recommend bringing your children here! (:

Posted April 04, 2013
We have two kids in Flower Valley one in K and the other 3rd. We have no experience with any other school since both of them go to FVES from day one. Any way FV has everything we need from a school. Great teachers, a wonderful principal, involved parents and very talented and smart kids. Our kids love going to school and we are really impressed with their day to day progress. School has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere all the time and there are so many events in the school to enhance teacher, student and parent interaction, such as the International night, science fair, Bingo nights, movie nights etc. Principal knows almost all the kids by name and most of the families as well. It's one heck of a happy place. We are so happy our kids are going to FV. Go Flower Valley.

Flower Valley Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2013
Flower Valley is awesome. The current principal has a great vision and mission for her entire school body. The school climate is welcoming, the staff are knowledgable and effective, the counselor is involved with designing & offering prgrams that meet the needs of the whole child and the students seem happy there. I enjoy the open communication between stakeholders & the study of disaggregated data to determine the school's next steps in meeting the needs of all students. The successful use of technology in the classrooms makes me believe that my child will be prepared for middle school instructional & technology use expectations. I feel that FVES is on its way to becoming one of the top elementary schools in the MCPS district.

Flower Valley Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2011
My children are in kindergarten and first grade at FVES. I have been very happy with their classroom teachers and particularly impressed with the Art, Music and PE teachers. I think FVES has great school spirit, on display at International Night, the Parent vs. Staff Basketball Game, the Talent Show, and various events during the year. I think the Assistant Principal is especially outstanding. My children have made great academic progress in reading, writing, spelling and math, and have built strong friendships along the way. PTA is active, many parents volunteer in the classrooms and at events.

Flower Valley Elementary School

Posted February 18, 2010
This school has a class that only has children with emotional and behavioral problems. My issue with them is that they do not know how to deal with black children with emotional problems. They fear them, pacify them, are just afraid of them.

Flower Valley Elementary School
4615 Sunflower Dr, Rockville, MD  20853
Last modified Flower Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flower Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top