Rockville, MD

Posted February 13, 2015
We were also quite weary at first, based on the same overall rating score of "4". Both of our kids go to this school and are absolutely happy with everything and everyone. This school seems to really have the resources to pay attention to each student individually and encourage them accordingly, Our son was immediately picked for a special reading group after he showed more than average reading ability in Kindergarten. At the same time we thought our daughter, was very slow to pick up reading and writing in preschool, yet after 3 months in Kindergarten she started to excel and and is almost as good as her brother in 1st grade . The biggest plus in this school is the fact that they can afford to keep the class sizes under 20, so every kid gets the attention they deserve. The principal and his office does a great job with being involved and always trying to improve things. It feels like this school is a great big family where everyone knows everyone. Of course there is always room to get better but every school has that, even the ones with the higher academic scores!

Posted August 14, 2014
We had a few concerns about the school based on it's current (4 star) "rating." Indeed, the test scores indicate that the school does not perform on the same level as other Montgomery County, or even Maryland, schools. Upon closer examination, we believe this is more a result other factors (free lunch, demographics, etc.) vice the education. Some might have a slower start, but the kids all do well in middle and high schools. As for our experience, it couldn't have been better. The teacher(s) was fantastic, the principal was very involved, and our kid excelled. In the end, ignore the "stars" and see what people say about this school. It's a 10 in my book.

Meadow Hall Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2014
I used to go here in Kindergarten. I only stayed for a year and I missed it when I moved. I'm in highschool now and I haven't forgotten about this school.

Posted June 13, 2014
My oldest son just finished his first year of kindergarten at Meadow Hall. We love this neighborhood school- he had a small class, a wonderful teacher, and learned so much this year. He's very excited to start first grade in the fall.

Posted April 15, 2012
Both of my children attended this school. This is an excellent school academically, and the teachers are outstanding. The principal is very caring.

Posted September 01, 2011
Meadow Hall is the best school in the area for special education students. My son made so much progress and is well integrated with typical kids, while receiving all services he needs. Staff is competent and dedicated and the Principal is great!

Posted April 16, 2010
Small class sizes, great, supportive staff, wonderful playgrounds, great leadership!

Meadow Hall Elementary School

Posted April 15, 2010
A wonderful caring place that gives children a great start

Posted April 18, 2007
My daughter loved this school. She was never in any form of daycare or structured environment before she went to school. She adapted well and loves it. She is learning more than we ever thought she would. Made tons of new friends and the teachers are great and keep you in the loop as to what is going on. She loves it and I love it.

Meadow Hall Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2007
I live in the neighborhood and had some issues when my child started kindergarten at Meadow Hall but this was due to other parents who did not teach their children respect. The teachers sorted this out and provided feed-back when I met with them during the year. They made changes throughout the years to improve the bad performers and cleanup the bad element. The school has a good soccer and baseball program but should do more to promote the inexpensive Rockville activities. As a Parent I and all parents need to stay involved with the schools.

Meadow Hall Elementary School
951 Twinbrook Parkway, Rockville, MD  20851
Last modified Meadow Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadow Hall Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top