Rockville, MD

Ritchie Park Elementary School 1

Posted December 26, 2013
This is the worst school! The principal is cold and uncaring. She only cares about test scores. The education is bland and the teachers don't care about your child. We kept telling the school that our child had learning disabilities and that there was something else going on. The school psychologist didn't test her because she said she didn't see any issues after observing our child for only 30 minutes in class on one day. We begged the 504 Team including the Special Ed. teacher, the school psychologist, the principal and her two teachers to please give her help, as she had been failing math for the past 6 years. They didn't do a thing. This year she started middle school. Thank God for the staff there! They found she has a learning disability as well as Autism! There was also a girl that broke both of our child's arms when she just started school there. The school didn't file an incident report and didn't punish this child! We should've sued them and the parents of the child that is still bullying our daughter! Poor, incompetent, ignorant, uncaring teachers and staff at Ritchie Park. PLEASE don't send your child there. Your child will thank you.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son went to this school for 3 years and now since we have moved we had leave the school... it is the best.

Posted September 25, 2013
My daughter has been attending RPES since the 2nd grade and it's been a wonderful experience thus far. As a former teacher, I am very impressed by RP's leadership, diversity and curriculum. As a parent, I enjoy the immediate responses I receive from my child's teachers.

Posted August 26, 2013
My son attended the school from k-3rd Grade and had a fantastic time. I am glad was able to send him there till we moved. Thank you to the staff of Ritchie park.

Posted August 25, 2013
Great atmosphere. Wonderful kids and parents are very engaged. The negative comments below seem very outdated. There has been a new principal here for 3 years and she is very responsive. After 2 kids and 4 years we haven't had a bad teacher yet. There are tons of extracurricular activities.

Ritchie Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2012
I've been disappointed with Ritchie Park. I think the school has been going downhill for the last few years. The learning is not student centered. The staff and administration seems more concerned with the systems and policies they've established than meeting the needs of each child where they are. There is very little in the way of enrichment offered. There is also a lot of "mean kid" and unacceptable student behaviors that go unchecked

Posted July 13, 2011
Our kids loved Ritchie Park and I always thought of it being the best school in the area. The teachers were great and really helped my daughter that had a special need succeed in regular ed class. We moved to SC about a 2 years ago and the kids went into a 5 star school down here. In comparison, Ritchie Park does not seem to be as progressive as the SC school but was still a great expericence overall. Not sure about the new leadership because we no longer live there.

Posted April 10, 2011
We have been at this school for three years and have been very impressed with the quality of teachers, community spirit and atmosphere. We have a new principal this year and it has been a very positive transition. I am looking forward to my second child starting school here next year. The only negative I would mention is that the school is over-capacity but what school in Montgomery County is not?

Ritchie Park Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2011
Some parents are most definitely in la la land judging by some previous comments. This school is stuck in an educational rut and has been for years. No educational creativity, not a challenging academic environment at all. My second kid is doing the same stale projects that my other kid did four years prior. If your eyes are open and your being honest you will admit this school lags behind. Now if your kid is two, three or four grades ahead well everythings just pixi dust wonderful. However if your kid is on grade level don't expect him/her to be challenged much to meet their full potential. The key words here are "they are on grade level" so everything is just fine. Was hoping things would change with the new leadership, but it's business as usual IMO.

Posted January 26, 2011
Ritchie Park is a wonderful school with caring teachers and a dedicated staff. Even with the recent changes in leadership over the past couple years, the school has remained an enriching environment for the students. There is a strong community of families with the same goals- the safety and success of our children. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else

Ritchie Park Elementary School
1514 Dunster Rd, Rockville, MD  20854
Last modified Ritchie Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ritchie Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top