Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted April 16, 2016
My son attended kindergarten there in 2014-2015 and he loved it! This is a school where you feel welcomed and the staff care about the children. I regret moving into a better school zone. Our current school scores a 10 here and I'd switch back to twinbrook in a second if I could! My son receives special education services and the team is top notch at Twinbrook. Don't worry about the poor rating here, it is an excellent school!

Posted December 05, 2015
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Twinbrook. She loves school. Her teacher is very loving toward the children, but it strict when necessary. I have volunteered at a couple of events (the Fun Run and a field trip) and felt welcomed and appreciated. The school is a very encouraging environment for the students. We do not regret our decision to send our daughter there instead of a private school or trying for a change of school assignment.

Posted November 25, 2015
Ignore the website-based rating - this school is really terrific. My son has been going to TES for three years now, and he has had some amazing teachers and librarians. While there is always room for improvement, Twinbrook Elementary is a hidden gem of a public school here in Montgomery County, and sets kids up terrifically for middle school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 15, 2015
There is a great school counselor that talks to all the kids regularly, visits their classrooms and leads discussions about these topics. They have a school code of conduct that kids talk about daily.

Posted November 15, 2015
My son is in 4th grade this year, and he started there in Kindergarten. Twinbrook is a wonderful neighborhood in Rockville, and the school is first-rate. Here's why you should send your child there: smaller class sizes, with 20 being the max class size in grades K-2, and 30 being the max in grades 3-5. Because the school has received Title I funds in the past (federal funding to assist schools with high percentages of students in low-income families), teachers have to have a higher qualification to be hired. The teachers are top-notch. The curriculum is the same as at all MCPS schools, and there are lots of ESL students all across the county. Having a diverse student body at Twinbrook means that the kids are learning in an environment that mirrors the real world we live in. Many students at Twinbrook speak other languages at home (not our family) but that doesn't slow down the pace of education or decrease the challenge in the classroom for all kids. There are many specialists at the school to teach ESL and help with reading/math for the kids who need it. We have an active PTA that works hard to reach out to all parents and families and support the staff. Twinbrook is slated to have a renovation/expansion project finishing in early 2023. Please visit www.twinbrookpta.org to get to know the PTA and see what kinds of activities we offer to build community.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted November 15, 2015
Teachers are incredibly creative to find ways to encourage their students. These topics are "hot" in the county school system and curriculum since last year.

Posted October 10, 2014
The school has been great. The teachers are warm and welcoming. The new assistant principal is friendly and very involved in all activities. The PTA is very active and holds many events.

Twinbrook Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
My child attended this school for 2 years and had a horrible experience. He and other classmates were abused by a teacher and he was forced to stay in the classroom with her. The principal couldn't have cared less about the well being of her students and staff. It seems as though Twinbrook gets the worst teachers who are passed because they are horrible teachers. My advice to you is to not let your child attend this school. If you decide to move into the Twinbrook area, pursue private education.

Twinbrook Elementary School 4

Posted February 22, 2014
I have to tell you that I was a little bit skeptical about moving into this neighborhood because of what I've heard from others regarding the school. But I have to tell you my daughter loves it here and she's doing very well in classes. The class sizes are small which I love because of the personal service. There are so many other schools that are overcrowded but that's far from the case here. I'm confident that we've made the right decision because she's going to be other highly rated schools in the not too distant future. It's a Title 1 school but I have not had any problems...I have to wonder about the person that can't spell bullying

Twinbrook Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2013
Let me start this by saying I moved to Rockville for the sole purpose of avoiding public schools in PG county. I have not regretted that decision! My daughter just finished Kindergarten here. Her teacher was stricter than I would have liked, but in the end my child has excelled academically (at almost a 2nd grade reading level now) even if it's caused her to dislike school. Indeed, after a year of games and fun in pre-k, Kindergarten has seemed like boot camp to her. The PTA is great, but lack parent involvement. It always seems to be the same parents at all the events, which is a shame. The Principal communicates by mass email and mass calls every week, plus they send home flyers about every single event coming up. No parent can say with a straight face they didn't know about upcoming events. I liked the variety of art, science, music, PE and media time, but felt the 30 minutes for lunch and 30 minutes for recess (which end up being about 20 minutes each once you are done lining everyone up) are just not enough. On a positive note, I heard that for the 2013-2014 school year Twinbrook is getting promethean boards (interactive white boards) in every classroom, which is great!

5911 Ridgeway Ave, Rockville, MD  20851
Last modified Twinbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.