Rockville, MD

Posted September 28, 2014
We love this school. Our children had a fantastic experience here as Kindergartners and are having an equally great time as 1st Graders. The staff are loving and caring and the education has been superb. I whole-heatedly recommend it!

Beall Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2014
I am disappointed with this school. It is overcrowded, teachers are stress and focusing on safety only and forgetting some human input to the kids. Not knowing anything about discovering possible ADHD, autism etc. and at least talk to the patents! I have 2 kids there, one was recently evaluate with ADHD, autism, and all of these years we heard how he is not paying attention, fulling around in the hallways, punishing ...Not focusing... Distracting. Couldn't joint reading club in second grade, because it is only for 4th grade and higher. He is an advance classes now, but because different school and way of teaching. Very sad we all had to go thrue this without addressing this and finding some solution. If you have kid with these problems, find better supporting school and professionals who could help you.

Posted August 13, 2014
We just had two kids finish all 6 years (k-5) at Beall and I couldn't be happier. The teachers and staff are caring and attentive and the curriculum was challenging (both were in all advanced classes). Both my kids were happy and social during their time at Beall.

Beall Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My kids just starts at Beall, but we are think that is a good school and very atencious with the students and family.

Posted October 16, 2013
I only have one child at Beall but have had nothing but positive experiences there. The school seems to have about 200 more students than other nearby ES but has handled the load well. My sons teachers have always been very communicative with me and have helped my son in areas he needs extra attention in as well as gave him opportunities to advance where he does well (ex: let him have reading time with a higher grade). The front office staff could probably be a bit more energetic and helpful but I've never had them be rude to me so I can't complain. The principal is fantastic. They have an active PTA. The school does Movie Nights, Disco Dances, a Science Expo, Tea with the Principal, Read-a-Thons, etc. I don't have any other school to compare it to because my son started there but he is very happy and therefore I am too.

Beall Elementary School 4

Posted June 15, 2012
Absolutely Awesome school with the perfect balance between academia and social engagement. The children are bright and happy. The staff is caring and on-point. I have two kids at Beall. A Kindergartener and a first grader. The teachers actually know my kids. They know their strengths and weaknesses and offer ways for me to help them at home. I am an involved parent and the staff is very welcoming and supportive. The principal is awesome, open-minded and fair. I love the school for my kids.

Beall Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2012
Pros: some really great teachers, enthusiastic, caring and dedicated; Cons: generally everything else. The administration and staff seem overwhelmed, insincere, and out of touch. The general feeling I get is that many staff members would rather be somewhere else than at work helping children maximize their elementary school experience. My general motto for any job, especially one that involves interacting with people, is that you should be enthusiastic 9 out of 10 days. The feeling I get from Beall staff is more like 1 out of 10 days. My child has been punched and teased in class, called names and threatened by rougher boys and girls. I do not have a special needs child, but if you have a child with ADHD, autism, or Asperger's this is a school to be avoided for the staff's lack of support, knowledge and over all implementation of IEP directives. I would rate Beall as more of a 6 than a 9.

Posted May 01, 2012
I have two children at this school: a kindergartener and a third grader. Just about everyone who teaches at this school really care about the children - especially the teachers and the administrators. About 60% of the teachers have an advance degree. The principal is committed to making the school great and getting the students to try their best. There is no discipline problems. The parental community is involved with the school and are supportive of the staff.

Beall Elementary School 0

Posted October 15, 2009
I have four kids and all for have attended this school. Two are still there. I have only ever had one issue with a teacher. My oldest is 17 youngest is 6 I love how nice the staff is, not the just teaching staff but the entire staff at Bealle. From the cafeteria employees to the building service employees. They know my kids by name and are always willing to help them. If ever I have a question or need a teacher to direct me in an area to challenge my child more there is always someone there to help me.

Beall Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2009
Teachers are not experienced. Discipline is non existent. Security is non existent. School is always asking for supplies and food. Curriculum is weak even for an average student.

Beall Elementary School
451 Beall Ave, Rockville, MD  20850
Last modified Beall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beall Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top