Rockville, MD
Students enrolled: 1,133

Posted May 10, 2014
love it my son has been here for two years and love the teachers support staff and very comfortable feeling.

Posted May 09, 2014
This is my last year at Robert Frost MS and I"m definitely going to miss it. The teachers are wonderful and humorous, the principal is really nice, and every one there is so nice and supportive. Frost teaches some advanced classes and I've noticed that not only do they teach us things we need to learn for the current year, but they prepare us for what you will learn next year.

Posted January 26, 2014
This school is amazing and one of the very best middle schools in Maryland (#1 in my opinion); excellent school administration, counselors, teachers, students, and parents who are actively involved in every aspect of their children's education. The school administrators, counselors, and teachers are invested in providing the best for your child's education and social well being. They have several events to communicate with parents and solicit feedback along with workshops on getting your child ready for high school and even college. They are responsive to the needs of the student community despite being a larger middle school. The test scores, student academic results, and Blue Ribbon awards are indicative of the quality of this school and the parent community. This school thoroughly prepares students for the rigors of going to the academically top notch Thomas S. Wootton High School.

Robert Frost Middle School 4

Posted March 22, 2012
I go to Frost and believe it is a school of great teachers. They strive daily to be the best they can be for the students with the exception of a few who shall not be named. The principal, Dr. Jones is loved by the students and as far as I am aware, by the staff and parents too. However it does have a good deal of problems with bullying and disciplinary action has failed to do much good. Most administrators fail to connect on a personal level and seem distant and unapproachable to most. I personally would only come to them with a problem if someone was being harassed constantly or in danger. Another reason I fail to be completely satisfied with the school is that it has limited the social time to lunch and 3 20 minute blocks a week. Where children finally get to sit down five minutes into lunch and are dismissed five before it is over which is a gross mismanagement of time. As for "SOAR" which is the 20 minute block 3 times a week, the students may only go to teachers they currently have and are all but told to get help from retake quizzes every single time. Well, that is my rant, and if I had to send a child of my own to Frost or somewhere like Eastern, they're going to Frost.

Posted May 22, 2011
best school ive gone to and i would miss it dearly if i moved to another school

Posted June 04, 2010
I am a student here and honestly, you can't find anything better than Frost. 6/7 of the teachers I currently have all have a sense of humor. I can actually learn and not fall asleep here.

Robert Frost Middle School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
My grandson is very happy there with all his classes and teachers and especially the band. I volunteer there with my husband for the string program and it is evident that children are happy and productive in that school environment.

Robert Frost Middle School 2

Posted March 23, 2010
You do not find out how good a school is till you have an exceptional need. You want the school to be flexible and responsive to your kids unique circumstances. This school is not. The parent who commented about red tape is correct -- the school administration is bloated, bureaucratic and inflexible. The school looks good on paper because of the kids who attend the school. Many teachers have no commitment (Mrs. Redden and Mrs. Rhinehart are great exceptions). The school is unable to find any math teacher to run its math club. There is no chess club.

Robert Frost Middle School 3

Posted February 16, 2010
Great teachers. Too much red tape in administration.

Robert Frost Middle School 0

Posted January 07, 2010
I really enjoy this school I have a lot of fun and some of my teachers are just incredible! Mrs. Horkan, Mr. Harriot, and Mrs. Rhinehart

Robert Frost Middle School
9201 Scott Dr, Rockville, MD  20850
Last modified Robert Frost Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert Frost Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top