Rockville, MD

Tilden Middle School 4

Posted November 13, 2014
My child went to this school a few years ago, first coming there for a program in which a 5th grader from a feeder elementary learned a more advanced level math at Tilden, and then started full time as a 6th grader. The first year, my daughter's math teacher was the one to really make an impact on my opinion of the school. The teacher was amazing, 'fully qualified as an instructor' and also generally a 'good teacher' that the students actually liked. The principle is also wonderful, although so far I haven't been able to become very involved in my child's education.

Tilden Middle School 4

Posted August 15, 2014
My son attended Tilden and we generally liked this school. It is a little stiff on the discipline and isn't shy in placing kids in the detention. Still excellent learning opportunities, very international crowd and interesting curriculum.

Posted April 06, 2014
I'm in eighth grade, and I like this school a lot. Bullying is pretty much unheard of in my grade, and everyone, both teachers and students, are welcoming and friendly. The teachers are also really excellent, and often check up on individual students to make sure they are doing their best. I do the drama productions at this school (so excited for Cats this spring!) and can say that they are pretty awesome. Mr. Shaw, the director of the shows, is...........well... he's unique. You kind of have to meet him. He's an excellent teacher, though, and he really cares about his students. So... yeah that's about it. I recommend this school.

Posted March 01, 2014
Tilden Middle School is a terrific place. The teachers and administration are very supportive, smart and focused. The children are nice. The quality of education and the personal attention that the children get is very high. They have a terrific program for children with Asperger's.

Tilden Middle School 3

Posted November 15, 2009
This school has great teachers and many learning facilities, as well as help whenever you need it. It offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities, as well as many sports.On the bad side, counselors are not too open for help, but can often be appointed whenever you need. They can be unfriendly to inquiring parents and soemtimes talk rudely. The students in this school are often times decent, but very often there is always bullies and people who pick on others for the reason that they are different. Overall, this is a great school to go to. Just watch for the snappy counselors, and defend yourself from bullies.

Tilden Middle School 1

Posted June 19, 2009

Tilden Middle School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
I am overwhelmingly happy with the experience my son has received at Tilden Middle School. The teachers are invested in each child learning inside and outside of the school. My son trnasferred in the middle of the year due to unexpected challenges at his prior shool however, my son was able to assimilate with no issues partly because of the teacher involvement. my son is very pleased with the school as well and looks forward to goind to school each day to learn and interact with his new freinds. Also, I witnessed a substantial improvement in my son's grades and willingness to participate in afterschool activites offered. The staff are well organized, considerate and very approachable as well. I am totally looking forward to the next school...Go Tilden !!!Keep up the great work!!!!

Tilden Middle School 1

Posted November 16, 2008

Posted August 31, 2008

Posted May 23, 2008
I came to the United States last year together with my family and choose Rockville, MD to live because it is Tilden Middle School's district and I knew this school was the excellent school to be at. Anyway, the school has exceeded my expectations! And the new principal Ms. Backer is so good, so good, that I don't have words to praise her enough! She is always there whenever you need her, she is always participating in any school's activity and she is concerned about every single aspect of the school. I couldn't wish better school for my son (he is finishing 6th grade at Tilden)!!!

Tilden Middle School
11211 Old Georgetown Rd, Rockville, MD  20852
Last modified Tilden Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tilden Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top