Bethel Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 326 students

Living in Savage

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $282,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,500.

Sweep tile

Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Amazing! We love everything about this school. We are new tobthe school and simply love it.The math and history teachers for 7th grade are particularly amazing, though my child is enjoying all the classes and the afterschool programs. We love Pastor Mandy and her keeping it real relationship with the students. And we can't forget to mention the hot lunches, electives in dance and worship team, and affordable tuition. It's worth every penny spent.

Posted April 14, 2014

BCA is an incredible school. The staff is remarkable, the curriculum, although challenging, has been instrumental in my child's ability to exceed our expectations of her. The teachers are always available to the parents and truly believe in the partnership of parents/school participation in the child's journey in education. Their expectations are high and this reflective of the supportive environment of BCA. I would highly recommend Bethel Christian Academy to everyone!

Posted June 25, 2013

BCA is an excellent school dedicated to high academic standards, equipping quality teachers, maintaining small class sizes, and working directly with each family. BCA is a positive and encouraging place where students learn everyday! Yes, academic expectations are set high and student achievement is important, but aside from that, you can't find a more dedicated place to send your child. Partnering with each family to plan and meet goals is exciting! From start to finish of each school year, I count it a blessing to be a part of the academic, spiritual, and social growth of each of my students. I am thankful for the opportunity to invest in the lives of BCA students and families everyday. If you are looking to send your child to a school where they will be valued, strive for academic excellence, learn to live in community, and engage in their world, you've found the right place.

Posted May 12, 2013

I have 2 children at Bethel (3rd & 1st). PROS: Christian environment ; sound academics; loving staff. CONS: no PTA, no clubs; no opportunities that provide out of box thinking (hands on learning); math curriculum moves slower than public schools in area. My kids will stay in bethel until junior high.

Posted August 25, 2010

BCA has a remarkable dedication to high academics, and they seem to be constantly investigating how they can improve both the student learning experience and ultimate outcome. But even beyond their dedication to academics, they strive more than any school I've had contact with to create an environment of love, family, and community. I've been impressed particularly with the Middle School leadership program, community service activities, peer mentoring programs, etc. ... they really make responsible, educated leaders out of our children!

Posted August 25, 2010

I LOVE working at Bethel. The small class sizes (max 16) allow me to give a lot of individualized attention to the students so that I can ensure that no one "falls through the cracks". I love all of my students and really appreciate how accepting they are of each other and new students coming in for the first time. I do hold them to high standards and challenge them, but I also provide support and guidance to assist them as needed. Bethel is not for the lazy, but it is ideal for those students and parents who are looking for a solid academic foundation.

Posted August 5, 2010

Bethel Christian Academy is a special place. The school's academic standards are set high but there is more than academics that happen at Bethel. Bethel is more than a school. It is a family. The teachers care about the students and want them to succeed not only academically but spiritually, emotionally, and in developing life skills. Our children gained a well rounded education at Bethel. Bethel was such a blessing to our family.

Posted June 28, 2010

I am a proud parent of two children who have attended BCA for two years now. My youngest will be joining them this upcoming year. I am very pleased with the overall program at BCA. The teachers and staff are not only qualified and professional, but have a sincere interest in partnering with parents in raising these children and for their growth as individuals as well. In my experience, communication has been excellent! The admnistration (Principal and Assistsant Principal) made valuable recommendations for each of my children that will benefit them long term and for that I am grateful! I value the level of security taken in school to make sure the kids are safe. I also want to mention that I love and value the fact that the administration takes great strides in evaluating the cirriculums that they use. Shirley Grammar, Saxon Math, etc. Only the BEST for the kids.

Posted June 24, 2010

I have been a student at Bethel for a long time. There is a great atmosphere of caring, an excellent sense of respect, and cool events and field trips. Sometimes the homework can be tough, but I get through it with the love and support of my mother and the school staff. If you want your child to have the best education, Bethel is the school for you!

Posted June 24, 2010

My son and I worked on the computer infrastructure at Bethel a few years back (they now have a dedicated technology expert on staff). The administrative staff is excellent, with a clear vision and objectives to achieve that vision. When I worked on the computer systems for their student labs, library, and administrative staff, I was imporessed with their willingness to purchase the necessary equipment to make Bethel a school I would want to send my children to.

Posted June 24, 2010

You must be an involved parent, if you have a child attending Bethel. The principal and vice principal do not micro-manage, they allow the teachers the grace to manage their classrooms, and get the respect of their students. The work is very challenging, but that is what you should expect from a private school. The rules and guidelines are strict, but they present them to you at enrollment, so if you decide to enroll, you do so with an understanding of what is expected. There have high expectations and treat our children like real people. The values they teach will prepare our kids for the future and help them learn how important it is to be prepared and to respect others. I think this is an excellent school, if you want to educate your children, teach them Christian values and can commit to the work.

Posted June 24, 2010

The academic standards are high, but graduates excel in whatever higher education they pursue. 8th graders feel so connected to the teachers and each other that they don't want to leave (and often come back to annual school events).

Posted June 24, 2010

Excellent academics in a caring Christian environment. What more could a parent ask for? My daughter loves it!

Posted August 30, 2009

I ran from Bethel after having my son there for 3 years. The homework demand was unbelievable. Literally 3 hours each night. Worst thing is when I transferred my child to a public school, he was behind in some areas like Math. This has been frustrating considering all of the demands the school put on the homework. Also, the school is unreasonable stict. Would suggest re-evaluting your options. We sacrificed any after school activities for 3 years to meet the homework demands. Frankly when they are in the real world, they don't even qualify for GT. Go figure. Good luck

Posted December 6, 2008

bethel is far from the best but far from the worst if i were i wuold take my chile out once they reached middle school. on the middle school level BCA doesnt compare to any other school

Posted January 16, 2008

Best school any parent could ask for! We just recently moved to California this school year (07/08) and wish we never had, just so we could go back to Maryland to put our boys back into Bethel! Our boys attended K4 and 1st Grade at bethel, and they were challenged, just enough to keep their interest and to help them learn. It's like night and day between Bethel and the private Chrisitan school we have now in California. At Bethel, the staff was Outstanding! The Principal cared and it showed, her husband, the Pastor of a local church was there almost every day to visit the children, another blessing. We can't wait to return to Maryland to allow our boys the best education we can be assured. By the way, the boys dearly miss their old school and the extra work.

Posted October 17, 2007

I had my child at Bethel for sometime, but the homework demand (3 hours per night for 2nd, 3rd, 4th graders) is very serious. The school is very, very strict and will give marks for frivilous things like forgeting a pencil, or no eraser. Principal is non-responsive.

Posted September 19, 2005

BCA is an awesome school. I personally attended there from K5 to 8th grade. They gave me a solid foundation in preparation for High School. I truely value everthing that BCA taught me. It is an upstanding school with high standards. The programs they offer can benefit both student and parent. In fact, I like it so much that now I work there.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted March 2, 2004

I believe that BCA is a high quality school that teaches the students christian values as well high academic standards. The principleis very professional and knows how to handle the business of the school. She has a great relatioship with the parents and the students. She will address any questions or situations with concern.

Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of god
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

• Drama

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8455 Savage Guilford Rd