Gaywood Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2010
Gaywood is not is not a good school for a child to got to in didnt make AYP and it certainly did not make it this year. The playground is dirty and when resess comes there are other people from other houses coming. The principal does nothing much and has no activities at all.The school needs a big make over because it is very dull. There is no other classes other than media, music, and P.E. I would not suggest anyone go to Gaywood.My daughter went here and was not pleased at all.

Gaywood Elementary School 0

Posted August 06, 2009
I was not pleased with Gaywood. Aftercare is an issue because there isn't any. Children are often kept from having recess and P.E. Both are necessary for children to thrive successfully. The building is not children friendly (there is no creative art work displayed.) Whatever happened to bulletin boards outside the classrooms. The build is cold and not welcoming. The main office is just as dull. The entire school needs a makeover. The counselor never went to my child's class to teach a lesson or to get to know her. It appeared the prinicipal was often reluctant to speak to parents she did not have a relationship with. No activities ouside the classroom...sports, chess, dance, nothing. Finally, academics...whatever happended to technology, and fun learning that could be used outside the classroom. Again, an entire school makeover is necessary.

Gaywood Elementary School 0

Posted July 21, 2009
It just ok. I would like to see more extracurrilar activities for the students. Basketball, gymnastics, cheerleading, cooking, etc. Also it would make sense to me for the school to offer aftercare considering the students get out at (1:45) a time that the average parent is still at work. On site tutoring would be nice also.

Gaywood Elementary School 5

Posted June 12, 2009

Posted June 09, 2009
My son is graduating this year after attending for two years. He has enjoyed learning at this school much more than the private school previously attended. The teachers and staff are VERY willing to work with the children. Parents..it is not only the effort of the school and the amount of work your child puts in, but also the amount of effort YOU put into your childs education and interests. It has been a TEAM effort the whole way through with better results than I could ever have imagined. Thanks Gaywood!! Good Luck Class of 09' !!!!

Posted August 05, 2008
My child graduated from Gaywood last year after attending for two years. I had moved from Greenbelt and I had heard many negative things about the school and expected the worst. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I found that my child's teachers were concerned about his instruction and my child did quite well. I was pleased with my Gaywood experience.

Gaywood Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2008

Gaywood Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2008
My little brother who is in special ed failed a grade inthis school. They did very little to help him in summer school, dealing with other students. The scores from state wide tests says it all.

Gaywood Elementary School 5

Posted October 11, 2004
The school princpal is very attentive to the needs of the student body. In so many ways she treats each and every student as if they were children of her own!!! Her disposition is always pleasant. Always ready to tackle any problem with a smile and her wise council. Gaywood's future and the future of the student body is in great hand with Ms. Wray at the helm.

Posted September 03, 2004
School have a great cirriculum. Special Educator, Dr. James is the best. She works with all students, teachers and parents. A blessing to have in your childs life. Thanks Dr. James for all your help and support,

Gaywood Elementary School
6701 97th Ave, Seabrook, MD  20706
Last modified Gaywood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gaywood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.