Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

My children both attend RGMS. My older daughter is in her third year. We loved her primary teacher, and the instruction she received. She is in the first grade and reading at over a third grade level. She knows all of the continents, enjoys math, and looks forward to going to school. There are normal communication issues, occasional lacks of timely notices, etc. But, I am an educator, and think that is (unfortunately) typical for public schools. My younger daughter started at RGMS this year, and is thriving. I highly recommend this school

Develops character: Strongly agree

I am impressed with how often older students help the younger students. Great modeling of behavior

Based on my experience (early childhood education) I honestly question the certification of this school and its educators! First, I must stress that you should try and test your child to see where they stand in regard to academic levels before enrolling he/she. If your child is not on level, do not enroll them in this school because the educators do not have a plan for children that are not already on level. The child will be allowed to work on what they are comfortable doing without any motivation or guidance from an educator to work on skills that need improvement. Based on observations, the teaching style is the closest thing to teaching on "auto-pilot" as opposed to enlightening young minds. Please understand that your child will be in a class with various grade levels and under normal Montessori standards, the older children should mentor and assist the younger ones. In my childs class, this was not the case!! The older children verbally bullied the younger children that defended their belongings, influenced other classmates to follow their lead and in one instance a child was attacked during class for protecting their personal property. Honestly, I wish that I was making some of this stuff up however I am not. The teachers don't seem organized or discipline at all and scheduling dates for certain school projects/events are not upheld. Communication is commonly unreturned by teachers and accountability seems minimal. Please be mindful about communicating with your childs educator because it seems that they are childish, vengeful and your child will be treated unfairly by the educator for parental inquiries. Again, I question the accountability tools for educators in this school because I really doubt if someone is checking on them and the job that they are not doing. Most importantly, if you enroll your child please get them a tutor to make up for the gap of skills being missed during so-called instruction.

I am very disappointed with the schooling my child has received thus far from RGMS. My child's teacher has no accountability. They blame everything on the child. The child is responsible for there own education and if they're not an extravert then they suffer. From my classroom observations and daily conversations with my child, the children aren't receiving a daily lesson. I was under the impression that the child should get a daily lesson in all the major subject (Math, Reading, Language, etc.) and I don't believe that this is happening. Before you enroll you child in this school, please do your research. Speaks to other parents to see what their experience has been before you make your decision.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The child is responsible for their own education. The teacher have no accountability. Everything is the child's fault and their an no real plan in place to assist the child if they are struggling in a subject. Basically, the parents need to figure it out at home. If the child is struggling, you have no way of knowing. The teacher aren't doing regular parent-teacher conferences. You have to request them multiple times to have on completed (Sad and unfortunate).

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework assignment aren't on par. They are the same assignments over and over again. Also, there is no representation of what they are learning in class.

Develops character: Agree

The staff is very dedicated and core value of Montessori is for kinds to respect each other and teacher each other,

Great public Montessori with a diverse staff and student body. Unfortunately many parents have no idea what kind of school they enrolled their children in, this is a Montessori school not a traditional school, kids learn at their own pace and to some degree follow their inclinations, the teacher is the guide. My kids liked it there and learn how to ask questions and seek answers.

I was so excited to get into this sought-after charter school for my child. Ultimately, I was extremely disappointed by it and took them out. While enrolled there, I personally witnessed her teacher yelling at students for no reason (one time because a 4-year old wasn't getting her coat on fast enough). The principal is not engaged. Communication by the administration to the parents is erratic at best and is too dependent on support by a tiny group of PTA parents. In terms of academics, it seems to be a "sink or swim" attitude even for children in pre-k! At one point this might have been a strong school and maybe that is the reputation they are coasting on, but I would caution parents who get in to look at it very carefully. If your instincts tell you at all there might be an issue, don't let the free pre-school persuade you otherwise.

Based on a recent observation and meeting its is obvious that my child is being left out of the teacher led lectures for no good reason. The teacher is refusing to teach my child and the issue has been escalated to the principal who has not responded to any messages left for her. It seems like the teacher would prefer to operate on "auto pilot" and if your child does not fit into her routine by requiring additional assistance she will not be bothered with them. Not sure where this practice was learned from but it will not be accepted any longer!! Please be weary and base your opinions on what you experience from this school, its teachers and how your child is being treated. We kept hearing how great this school was but based on how my child is being treated I'm far from impressed.

Last modified Robert Goddard Montessori is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.