Seat Pleasant Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted August 19, 2013

I have to be honest. I was a little suspect about my children going to school in Prince George's County, especially in the Capital Heights area. My children came from Charles County Public Schools. The staff there is very nice and professional. I have heard good things about the school my children are performing MUCH better at the Seat than in their former school. The teacher are very attentive to the students needs. I have a son on an IEP. His teacher was very through in helping him to achieve services that he was not receiving before. The teachers and principal were very open with respect to communication and my children's behavior. I absolutely loved the fact that I could have IEP meetings via phone w/o having to take off from work. Also, I was happy to know that Seat Pleasant Elementary is one of the high performing schools in the area. They really encourage the students in positive ways and my children love going to school. Also, I have decided to put more of an effort in my children's education because you can not expect the staff or teachers to do everything. Learning does start at home! #LoveTheSeat

Posted July 19, 2011

i like the school after a few months,but i'm goin to sixth grade,and its my third year here.u can tell the teachers r workin there very best to make the students work hard but not get brain-fried about it...but at the end of the year,AWESOME!!sad the principal leavin...promotion,best ever!-kairee

Posted March 15, 2010

I am a former parent at this school. My daughter attended Kindergarten last year. I took her out and put her in Imagine Foundations Public Charter School. Seat Pleasant was just below a C rated school. The staff was very warm and welcoming, but I think they focused on being too fun. Just like a parent making a mistake trying to be their childs friend, the school focused on being a fun zone. Seat Pleasant needs to tighten their boot straps and petition for some money. The school has potential, but I couldn't keep my daughter in based on future goals for the school. Her learning experience is happening NOW!

Posted February 17, 2010

I am a parent at Seat Pleasant Elementary. I have two children enrolled here. I have a second grader and a third grader. My son has been here since kindergarten. I am very pleased with the school. The teachers, the staff and the Principle work hard to put our chilren first. They work hard to make sure our kids get qualit;y education. I believe the Principle sets the tone for the entire building. She expects the best from her staff and her students and is shine through their performance and the way the staff works together. Seat Pleasant you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. Parent

Posted February 16, 2010

Hello I am a parent and staff member of The Seat. As a work place Seat Pleasant really makes you feel like you belong to a family and everyone from the school secretary to the janitor is always willing and helpful. As a parent my child loves Seat Pleasant she was very heart broken when she had to move to the 7th grade. When she got to 7th grade the notes and strategies use learned at the Seat she still uses today. My daughter is in honor classes because of how well Seat Pleasant has prepared her for what task she may face. This following year my 4 year old will becoming to Pre-k and she can not wait. She has known her teachers for at least a year and is ready to get all they have to offer. My principal is the best in P.G. county!!!!

Posted February 14, 2010

I am a parent and my child has attended Seat Pleasant for many years. I love the school. The staff is committed and the expectations are very high. I disagree that the students are horrible, and there is a very low tolerance for discipline problems. Students are held accountable for their actions. The schools test scores have continually increased and most importantly my child loves it.

Posted January 26, 2010

The staff need more. I already didn't like the area so I had high expectations for the school. But I am dissapointed. I really feel like the reading program lacks, and the students behavior is horrible even to the teachers. I like the principle but this isn't the right school that I want for my child.

Posted December 16, 2009

I didn't like the way the staff dealt with the kids dicipline, I didn't like the structure of learning and I didn't like the frequency of change.

Posted August 18, 2009

This school needs more. My child is enrolled in the special education program and also have autism. Everything they said would happen never did. The teachers seem overwhelmed and they were inconsistant with the appointments. My child whom is capable of learning left knowing the same they came in knowing. And the disipline with the kids is horrible.

Posted March 2, 2005

I enrolled my son in Seat Pleasant for his fourth grade year. I was satisfied with the academic programs. Both the math and social studies teachers were exceptional. I think the reading class could use some improvement. I don't think the children are challenged to read enough.

Posted November 24, 2004

this school is good but gotta increase them accademic results.
—Submitted by a student

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

40 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

40 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

34 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

34 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

33 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 81%N/A42%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6411 G St