Severn, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted June 25, 2014
Quarterfield is great! The staff is so involved, and friendly. They genuinely care for each child. I wish they had more STEM programs, but they do amazing with the resources they currently have. The new principle Mrs. Levery is wonderful and caring. She knows every students name and most of the parents. This school places a high value on academic excellence and community.

Posted January 12, 2011
My daughter went to this school from 1st grade through 4th grade, then we had to move. This school was the best the staff and parents were always very involved. The children had alot of respect for each other and them selves. I wish every school was like this. Keep up the great work. We miss you!

Posted July 26, 2010
Mrs. Green is a WONDERFUL Principal, she knows every child by their name and she keeps in touch as to what is going on in each of their lives. She visits all the classrooms everyday and listens to what each child has to say . She is never too busy to listen to a concerned parent and will even lend her shoulder for you to cry on and offer help in anyway. The staff has been wonderful well the ones I have dealt with so far. I am looking forward to being a PROUD QES PARENT for years to come !! Ms Green and all the staff and PTA you are doing EXCELLENT!!!

Posted March 24, 2010
I've been an active parent at QES for over 16 years. This will be my last year at Quarterfield and there has been a lot of change over those years. Some good and some bad but the School and Staff has always triumphed. I don't care for Ms. Grenn as a principal and think that she is not very good at PR but she does seem to have the childrens best interests in mind. I could not help but notice that volunteers and school functions have gone down a lot over the last 2 or so years. Not assuming it is for one reason or another but it is sad to see. I will be sad to leave but glad at the same time.

Posted March 10, 2010
Yes, the staff will outlast Ms. Green, as she is a phenomenal leader who is destined for greatness! She has made history as Quarterfield's first Af. Am. Principal, since it's opening in 1969, and this is only the beginning of a very long, prosperous, successful and marvelous career! Ms. Green, continue to do your job and demonstrate your passion; you are doing many things right, that's why they're talking about you. Thank you for bringing about NECESSARY changes for the sake of our children! Your words, actions and countless number of hours that you work 6-7 days/week, show that it s not about you, but you are FOR CHILDREN!

Posted November 19, 2009
I believe that the school's leadership needs a complete overhaul. Ms. Green is very uprofessional and unpredictable. She also seems to intimidate her staff. Often times the school seems to be in a chaotic state. I believe that the staff tries very hard but the principal needs to learn the importance of teamwork and how to make the kids education a priority and not her ego.

Posted August 03, 2009
I would like to applaud Ms. Green and the faculty of Quarterfield Elem. Ms. Green is the new principle and has proven herself as well deserved. She is very dedicated and engaged in the kids everyday lives. When we moved there last year, 1 of my kids had difficulty reading. They were not reading at the grade level and had been going to tutoring for over a year. One year at Quarterfield and they are now reading and writing their own stories and has more confidence than ever. The faculty members there are the perfect example of a school that cares about their students not just TEST SCORES. We had to move away this summer, but I wanted to make sure that all knew how wonderful the principle and staff were. I wish the ratings could go higher because I would rate them as a perfect 10. Job well done!!

Posted June 25, 2009

Posted June 06, 2009
I have to commend Ms. Green, the principal of Q.E.S. for her committment and hard work on behalf of the children of our area. I have never known a better principal. Do you know that everyday she is out there for our children...overseeing every single aspect of their safety and education. My girl was in the first grade in her school this year and I was awed by how much she learned, how devoted the principal is to the children and how safe and happy I felt sending my child there. Ms Green, I applaud you! Ms Harding, you are a joy and a miracle worker too and I thank you with all my heart for being there for the children and giving them such a great start in their education! You not only teach them the curriculum but you teach them how to be better people. Thank you all!

Posted October 23, 2008
I hold the QES faculty in high esteem and am awed daily by the level of commitment of everyone involved in touching the lives of children to promote optimal student success. Ms. Green has a wonderful way of bringing out the best in her staff by celebrating what is right which diminishes challenges. I feel honored to be part of QES staff.

Quarterfield Elementary School
7967 Quarterfield Rd, Severn, MD  21144
Last modified Quarterfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quarterfield Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top