Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
I am so grateful for my daughter Sydney's first grade teacher, Ms. Choo. She is so wonderful to her students and she makes learning so much fun!!! She is creative with her activities, always having the most awesome decorations for them. Her ideas are out of this world!!! And she is always encouraging and helpful no matter what!!! Her students love her, her fellow teachers love her and I know the administration loves her!!! Ridgeway Elementary School has been so lucky to have her for 8 years and many more she will be for future students that pass through her class!!!

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 23, 2016
In general I think it's ok. Sometimes there has been not as much at home work that I thought would be good for 5th graders, to better prepare them for middle school.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2016
In general I do. But, many motivating, wonderful things have been removed from the school in the last three years that really motivated the students. I think there is something still missing that would create better persistence, grit and determination. I'm hoping it will come back sooner rather than later!!!

Posted May 23, 2016
Ridgeway Elementary has always tried to exceed in everything and give the students a wonderful learning experience and social experience. Both of my daughters have attended this school. My oldest had a wonderful experience. And my youngest has had a wonderful experience. The only negative is in the last three years, some of the things happening haven't really pleased me. But overall I love my daughter's school and her teachers and friends.

Ridgeway Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughter has attended Ridgeway the past 5 years & it has been exceptional. She loves going to school & has thrived academically as well as socially. It's been a wonderful experience & great foundation for my child.

Ridgeway Elementary School 5

Posted August 26, 2013
After moving from CA to MD I was not sure about what to expect in terms of the public school systems. My daughter is in the MINC program at Ridgeway and i have seen a vast improvement in her behavior, as well as, her social and educational development. The staff is always friendly and has always kept me well informed about my daughter's progress. All of the faculty know my daughter and she is always very excited to go to school. They also do a fantastic job of mainstreaming her with her peers and they treat her like any other child. I think this is a great school with a caring faculty and understanding peers who incude my daughter and are excited to assist her when necessary. We could not be more pleased with Ridgeway.

Posted July 20, 2012
My daughter just finished up her fifth grade year at this school. Overall our experience has been very good. I have seen parent involvement fall off over the last few years and it was discouraging since the PTA and teachers are what makes this school so great. The staff is average, the teachers are excellent! I hope more volunteers step up as there is a small group of parents that have to do a whole lot of work. One of the best things is that the PTA doesn't believe in students having to sell things. Their fundraisers are usually fun events that the students and their families can enjoy. Communication has also dropped off some, but overall this is a really good school.

Ridgeway Elementary School 3

Posted July 06, 2011
Ridgeway Elementary is a wonderful school that is exceptionally supported by the community and PTA.. The school is working with PTA to enhance its technology since it was rebuilt and only had 1 Smartboard. Volunteers work exhaustively to help the teachers and students as well as with media to enhance reading throughout the building. Students continue to grow in reading and math and have made AYP each year.

Ridgeway Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2011
This school is wonderful because of a few certain teachers and the parents who volunteer countless hours to make it great! Some teachers go above and beyond for their students and it shows in the child's enthusiasm for learning. The principal is focused on filling the classrooms with technology and while this can be good, it's expensive and will be out dated by the time all of the rooms have it. There are drawbacks to this school. The constant yelling in the cafeteria is intolerable. The one person in the building that the children should be comfortable with is possibly the worst offender when it comes to yelling at lunch. There are days that the cafeteria feels like military school, not public school. It reminds me of right hand, right knee... left hand, left knee. Overall our experience has been good. There have been bumps in the road but that's to be expected.

Posted June 09, 2010
After moving to MD from a very small school district in NY, my daughter has enjoyed Ridgeway. The teachers and staff for the most part are helpful to students and adults. Some members of the main office staff, though, could use some 'people skills' training!

1440 Evergreen Rd, Severn, MD  21144
Last modified Ridgeway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.