Severn, MD

Calvary Chapel Christian Academy 3

Posted January 12, 2010
If the school is still using 'paces' (books where you work at your own pace) for the high school curriculum, I highly recommend that you choose a different school if you would like your child to be challenged and/or be prepared for college. I did not feel that I learned anything my senior year there after being in public school. It is a 'family' type environment, very small school and the mood is upbeat and nice. The teachers are not required to be certified and when I found a mistake in a 'pace', it was difficult for me to explain to the teacher that the score book was wrong because she didn't understand the math problem. As far as learning, unfortunately it was a waste of time for me. I heard the elementary school did switch to the Abecka curriculum which I have been told is very good.

Calvary Chapel Christian Academy 4

Posted February 02, 2009
I'm a student at CCCA, it is a great school. Some of the leaders are the most sweetest, loving, funny, and strict people you will ever meet. I know it's a wierd combonation but you'll want to know some of the people here. Some people say that, 'Unfortunatly I'm coming back.' (that is most of my class.) but they are only upset about one thing, in a class the teacher just tells us what to do without explaining it. If that person does she gets us all confused. If your child asks you for help in a certain subject, always try to make some time to try and help them. But we are all very grateful that anotherteacher makes ome time for us to explain it.

Calvary Chapel Christian Academy 0

Posted January 29, 2009
This school is a great .The teachers really care about the students. All the teachers there could make more money eleswhere,but from what I've seen they are there for the kids.I say send your kids you won't be disappointed.

Posted January 22, 2009

Calvary Chapel Christian Academy 0

Posted August 27, 2008
this is a great school with a great family type environment!

Posted February 05, 2008
I am a current high school student at this school and I enjoy it very much. I don't mind that we have smaller classes because of the fact that the teachers are able to listen to each and every student. I believe that there is more communication between the students and teachers in this school than in most public high schools. The curriculum is challenging to a point that it motivates me to work harder. So any student who is willing for a challenge should definitely think about attending this school.

Calvary Chapel Christian Academy 4

Posted September 10, 2007
The school is great teacher are alright but there's jus not enough black kids in the high school area though i have seen! Thats about it but challeges are good!

Calvary Chapel Christian Academy 2

Posted June 05, 2007
I am a recent graduate of Calvary Chapel and I must say that I was dissapointed with the lack of college preperation that it offered its seniors in spite of the smaller class sizes and lesser student to teacher ratios in comparison with public schools. I would reccommend the school up until highschool because the lower classes follow the abeka curriculum which is wonderful, but the highschool uses a the equivalent of a stoneage curriculum that leaves no room for challenge with the brighter students as its mostly centered around a 'teach yourself' concept that lacks the structure most students need to excell (after all- thats why you send you kids to private school right?).

Posted May 10, 2006
This is the place! I was looking for the developement of core values and excellence in education for my children. CCCA provides that and is consistantly evaluating and improving their programs in order to prepare the students for life beyond school. The extra drama and musical programs that my children have been involved in are a powerful witness to my family and have built self confidence in my kids. Each of the High School students are provided a laptop computer and receive training in research, creative writing and operating Microsoft Office. I love the opening exersises each morning where the students lead in Praise and Worship and in short Bible Studies. There is a great student to teacher ratio and there is always extra help available when it is needed. The teachers have truly been a wonderful blessing to us. A+ rating!

Posted April 07, 2006
This is my daughter's first year at ccca. She was in public school 5 years prior to that.This is a wonderful school! the principal is so personal and so caring. They not only teach your children above grade education, but they teach values. I did not know how my daugter would like going there from a public school, but she comes home in a good mood every day! and any child that can recite the declaration of independence, and bible scripture, the investement is priceless. The smile on my daughter's face and the love for jesus she has is beautiful. If you want a school where you will be able to use the words 'under god' forever, this is the place. You will feel that your child is safe every moment that he or she is there. A+

Calvary Chapel Christian Academy
8064 New Cut Road, Severn, MD  21144
Last modified Calvary Chapel Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Calvary Chapel Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top