Bad
Good

Posted August 19, 2013
My son is going into the fourth grade and has been at SPES since kindergarten. my son has ADHD and had a few issues. This school and its teachers have been exceptional! I have never seen teachers who have gone so far to help a student. They have worked with him on so many levels. I cannot say enough how grateful I am to all of the teachers who have helped my son, and I. This school is truly amazing.

Severna Park Elementary School 1

Posted March 29, 2011
It is our first year at Severna Park Elementary for our son and daughter. We had such high expectations given the reviews and the accreditations. We have been extremely disappointed. They are learning at an average level, and doing well but feel they may be lacking in some areas. We are very unimpressed with the front office and principal. We have had a few issues and have felt that our children are not coming first. Truly a disappointment. Bottom line this is not the school it cracks up to be.

Posted January 31, 2010
The school very much goes above and beyond. My son was reading at 3.5 and telling time at 3 - I wondered how Kindergarten would challenge him. They had one-on-one work w/ the aid to challenge him. The reading club also helps to challenge the kids at their own pace. Also, now in first grade they have a social detectives club to assist him socially. The PTA is great set of welcoming parents. Great experience!

Posted March 06, 2009
I happened to go in the school and as I walked to my meeting, I was watching the children and the interaction of the teachers.....what a calm, happy environment. Every child deserves what this school is giving so well.

Posted July 07, 2008
If you are considering moving to Severna Park for the schools, my advice is...go for it! This school is one of the best in Severna Park! Very friendly office staff & wonderful, caring teachers! My son thrived at this school. Parents are very involved & it definately shows. Your child will receive an excellent education & develop good values & a sense of responsibility for the community. You can't do much better than this elementary school!

Posted January 17, 2008
Severna Park Elementary has three great things going for it... They can pick and choose their teachers which results with them having the cream of the crop. The teachers there are in it for the kids, not the money. The parent involvement is off the charts (How many schools have to limit chaperones on a trip or have 2, 3 or more parents in the class as helpers all of the time?) Enough said...

Posted May 10, 2004
Severna Park Elementary is a tight knit community with wonderful parent participation. A new curiculum was introduced in 2003-2004 which is greatly improving the already satisfactory education the children are receiving. I would highly recomend this school for your children.

Severna Park Elementary School
6 Riggs Ave, Severna Park, MD  21146
Last modified Severna Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.