K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

While this environment is spiritually rewarding, the culture of the school is very cliquish at all levels. Behavior issues are ignored and go unaddressed. Some of the teachers are unapproachable, unfriendly and sometimes just rude. Academics are not as strong as other schools in the area including the public schools. Perhaps the new leadership will be a catalyst for change and things will improve.

We love being a part of St. John's school and community. Strong academics within a caring environment helps give our children a good start with a strong moral foundation.

My daughter has been at St. John's for three years. I have fallen in love with the community and school. The staff is amazing. They truly love the kids and work hard to teach them in their school subjects and about how to be good citizens of the world. The class sizes are wonderful and as a first grader my daughter still has an aid in the classroom to assist the teacher. I also love that they are exposed to a language starting in pre-school. Every classroom has IPads that are incorporated in the classroom, but the students also go to a computer lab weekly. Sending our daughter to St. John's was the best decision we made, we can't wait to send our other daughter there!

My daughter is currently in her 3rd year at St. John’s and each year has been great. The school is truly a wonderful community, there is an emphasis not only on education but also on values and they care for the whole child. The teachers we have encountered have all been approachable and professional and have a real passion for their profession. The new administration is poised to make an already great school even better. Our family is thrilled to be part of such a warm, inclusive community.

St. John was the best decision we made for our children. Our children were well prepared for high school and have had great academic success! The family atmosphere at St. John is another special quality....our family has made friendships that will last a life time!

They do not teach their students how to WRITE. Students are rarely given writing assignments. Book reports in the older grades are non existent.

St. John's is far and away the best educational decision my wife and I could have made when choosing a school for our daughters. The entire school community has been welcoming, supportive, and demonstrated the types of values my family treasurers most in a school environment. We have been members of this community for eight years, and we have had nothing but positive experiences with the school! It's a blessing to have a school like St. John's where we know our children are receiving a great education in the type of environment that encourages them to be the best they can be in all aspects of their lives. Additionally, St. John's has opened up a new network of friends from my wife and I. The parents, faculty and staff have been tremendous in their outreach and welcoming efforts. If you are searching for a school for your children, I would highly recommend placing St. John's at the top of your list!

SJ's is an exceptional school that provides all students with the tools to succeed. I started SJ's in preschool and graduated 8th grade in 2005. Having recently graduated college and presently applying to veterinary school, I owe not only my educational successes to what I was taught at this prestigious school, but also, I owe extreme gratitude because this school helped shape who I am. Without a doubt the school maintains an exceptional educational standard, hence why it is one of twenty five private schools to be a Blue Ribbon School. Aside from receiving a great education, parents can be guaranteed that their child will make lifelong friends along the way. My best friend and I attended SJ s, we met in first grade. Since elementary school, all of our educational diplomas and certificates have read the same alma maters. What SJ s provides is far more than an education. It gives each kid the tools needed to build the foundation of who they are. It instills a mindset in every one of them that there is a world full of opportunity waiting to present itself to them. SJ s affords its students the potential to grow and flourish; in the classroom and outside of it.

We have two children attending school at St. John's, and have never for a moment doubted that our decision was the right one. We feel blessed every day that they are part of a community surrounded with so much love and compassion. This is visible in their steady development into hard-working and disciplined individuals, as well as good and honest human beings.

My son is new to St. John the Evangelist this year. We went through a rigorous examination of this school (and several others in the area), critically observing it not only for the current school year but beyond as it was/is our goal to continue his education at this school. Now by way of a little background, we did not return to his previous school because he experienced continual bad behavior (i.e., bullying) from a few classmates, which was not reduced by the teacher or upper Administrators. When I used to pick him up at his old school, I could see the dread in his eyes. He did not want to return to his old school because there were too many problems for him and distractions in the classroom, which were never remedied by his teacher (even after multiple meetings with the teacher and the upper Administrators). Now, every day that I pick him up from St. John the Evangelist, he tells me that his day was "awesome" and that he loves his teachers and classmates. He's doing well in school academically and socially. We are thrilled for him and with St. John the Evangelist. We give this school 5 stars!

Last modified St. John the Evangelist School is a Private school that serves grades K-8