K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 09, 2015
They are challenging our kids to be the best they can be and shaping who we need them to become.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 09, 2015
Children here learn the importance of being a good person and caring for others in all you do.

Posted September 09, 2015
We love being a part of St. John's school and community. Strong academics within a caring environment helps give our children a good start with a strong moral foundation.

Posted September 04, 2015
My daughter has been at St. John's for three years. I have fallen in love with the community and school. The staff is amazing. They truly love the kids and work hard to teach them in their school subjects and about how to be good citizens of the world. The class sizes are wonderful and as a first grader my daughter still has an aid in the classroom to assist the teacher. I also love that they are exposed to a language starting in pre-school. Every classroom has IPads that are incorporated in the classroom, but the students also go to a computer lab weekly. Sending our daughter to St. John's was the best decision we made, we can't wait to send our other daughter there!

Posted September 01, 2015
My daughter is currently in her 3rd year at St. John’s and each year has been great. The school is truly a wonderful community, there is an emphasis not only on education but also on values and they care for the whole child. The teachers we have encountered have all been approachable and professional and have a real passion for their profession. The new administration is poised to make an already great school even better. Our family is thrilled to be part of such a warm, inclusive community.

Posted April 09, 2015
St. John was the best decision we made for our children. Our children were well prepared for high school and have had great academic success! The family atmosphere at St. John is another special quality....our family has made friendships that will last a life time!

St. John the Evangelist School 2

Posted January 26, 2015
They do not teach their students how to WRITE. Students are rarely given writing assignments. Book reports in the older grades are non existent.

Posted October 14, 2014
St. John's is far and away the best educational decision my wife and I could have made when choosing a school for our daughters. The entire school community has been welcoming, supportive, and demonstrated the types of values my family treasurers most in a school environment. We have been members of this community for eight years, and we have had nothing but positive experiences with the school! It's a blessing to have a school like St. John's where we know our children are receiving a great education in the type of environment that encourages them to be the best they can be in all aspects of their lives. Additionally, St. John's has opened up a new network of friends from my wife and I. The parents, faculty and staff have been tremendous in their outreach and welcoming efforts. If you are searching for a school for your children, I would highly recommend placing St. John's at the top of your list!

Posted October 14, 2014
SJ's is an exceptional school that provides all students with the tools to succeed. I started SJ's in preschool and graduated 8th grade in 2005. Having recently graduated college and presently applying to veterinary school, I owe not only my educational successes to what I was taught at this prestigious school, but also, I owe extreme gratitude because this school helped shape who I am. Without a doubt the school maintains an exceptional educational standard, hence why it is one of twenty five private schools to be a Blue Ribbon School. Aside from receiving a great education, parents can be guaranteed that their child will make lifelong friends along the way. My best friend and I attended SJ s, we met in first grade. Since elementary school, all of our educational diplomas and certificates have read the same alma maters. What SJ s provides is far more than an education. It gives each kid the tools needed to build the foundation of who they are. It instills a mindset in every one of them that there is a world full of opportunity waiting to present itself to them. SJ s affords its students the potential to grow and flourish; in the classroom and outside of it.

Posted October 13, 2014
We have two children attending school at St. John's, and have never for a moment doubted that our decision was the right one. We feel blessed every day that they are part of a community surrounded with so much love and compassion. This is visible in their steady development into hard-working and disciplined individuals, as well as good and honest human beings.

669 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park, MD  21146
Last modified St. John the Evangelist School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. John the Evangelist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top