Severna Park, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted October 14, 2014
St. John's is far and away the best educational decision my wife and I could have made when choosing a school for our daughters. The entire school community has been welcoming, supportive, and demonstrated the types of values my family treasurers most in a school environment. We have been members of this community for eight years, and we have had nothing but positive experiences with the school! It's a blessing to have a school like St. John's where we know our children are receiving a great education in the type of environment that encourages them to be the best they can be in all aspects of their lives. Additionally, St. John's has opened up a new network of friends from my wife and I. The parents, faculty and staff have been tremendous in their outreach and welcoming efforts. If you are searching for a school for your children, I would highly recommend placing St. John's at the top of your list!

Posted October 14, 2014
SJ's is an exceptional school that provides all students with the tools to succeed. I started SJ's in preschool and graduated 8th grade in 2005. Having recently graduated college and presently applying to veterinary school, I owe not only my educational successes to what I was taught at this prestigious school, but also, I owe extreme gratitude because this school helped shape who I am. Without a doubt the school maintains an exceptional educational standard, hence why it is one of twenty five private schools to be a Blue Ribbon School. Aside from receiving a great education, parents can be guaranteed that their child will make lifelong friends along the way. My best friend and I attended SJ s, we met in first grade. Since elementary school, all of our educational diplomas and certificates have read the same alma maters. What SJ s provides is far more than an education. It gives each kid the tools needed to build the foundation of who they are. It instills a mindset in every one of them that there is a world full of opportunity waiting to present itself to them. SJ s affords its students the potential to grow and flourish; in the classroom and outside of it.

Posted October 13, 2014
We have two children attending school at St. John's, and have never for a moment doubted that our decision was the right one. We feel blessed every day that they are part of a community surrounded with so much love and compassion. This is visible in their steady development into hard-working and disciplined individuals, as well as good and honest human beings.

Posted October 10, 2014
My son is new to St. John the Evangelist this year. We went through a rigorous examination of this school (and several others in the area), critically observing it not only for the current school year but beyond as it was/is our goal to continue his education at this school. Now by way of a little background, we did not return to his previous school because he experienced continual bad behavior (i.e., bullying) from a few classmates, which was not reduced by the teacher or upper Administrators. When I used to pick him up at his old school, I could see the dread in his eyes. He did not want to return to his old school because there were too many problems for him and distractions in the classroom, which were never remedied by his teacher (even after multiple meetings with the teacher and the upper Administrators). Now, every day that I pick him up from St. John the Evangelist, he tells me that his day was "awesome" and that he loves his teachers and classmates. He's doing well in school academically and socially. We are thrilled for him and with St. John the Evangelist. We give this school 5 stars!

Posted October 10, 2014
We love St. John's! I have had children there for the past 6 years. My favorite part about the school is the sense of community - from the students, to the faculty, to the parents. Both my children and myself have made what I'm sure will be lifelong friendships with the many St. John's families that we have met over the years. I would never have my kids go anywhere else.

Posted October 10, 2014
There is not enough characters aloud in this post to express just how fabulous of a school Saint John's is ! Saint John's has been part of the Severna Park community since the 1950's and because of this has built a great reputation and following . Saint John's is a school that has raised generations of families as well as employed many former alumni . It is a place where memories are made and children grown and come back . It is a place where children do not just get an amazing enriching education but they also feel loved , cared for and part of something bigger . Starting in preschool children learn about our God as well as make life long friends. As the children get older they get to experience the sacraments with their classmatees as well as see the daily presence of both priests and sisters . Saint. John's has a beautiful safe campus with over 32 security cameras . There are also Smartboards in every classroom and carts of iPads for each department . Children also really enjoy being part of the wonderful athletic association that is highly competitive .Saint John's is a dream !

Posted October 10, 2014
St. John's is exactly what we were looking for. It is a perfect balance of nature and discipline. It is exactly what you would expect from a Catholic school, a strong base in the Catholic faith with a lessons in self respect as well as respect for others. The education is top notch and the community and parental involvement is strong. I volunteered for recess and lunch duty and was able to witness first hand the care the teachers and Sister Linda puts into all the students. I watched a teacher notice that one child was alone so she called over some other students to encourage them to include everyone. I would highly recommend St. John's !

Posted October 10, 2014
Our experience with St. John's has been AMAZING. We are new to St. John's but have been welcomed with open arms. We were immediately put in contact with several mentoring families with children the same age as our boys and then invited to meet other St. John's families. The environment at the school is very nurturing and family friendly. The amount of parent involvement and visibility is astounding. There is a parent volunteer everyday for lunch and recess for each class. As a military stay-at-home mom, I have never felt more welcomed and appreciated as a volunteer at the school. The faculty and administration are very sensitive to the issues that effect military kids and are open to new I deas to improve their experience at St. John's, however long it may be. I can't say enough about the Sisters of St. Joseph's that live and work at the school. They are so kind and loving to the kids. They are the epitome of Christian love. St. John's is s true school home for our kids. I feel at peace knowing that my boys are being nurtured and challenged everyday by a staff that thinks of them as family.

Posted October 10, 2014
St. John's is a great school, but even more an amazing community. I have two children that currently attend St. John's, and I am extremely satisfied with their education as students, and their development as individuals. The Sisters of St. Joseph, the teachers, and the staff truly care for the children. My wife and I moved to the area from out-of-state in 2004. However, it was not until 2010 when we enrolled my daughter in Kindergarten, and we were welcomed into the St. John's family, that we began to feel like Maryland was home. I would highly recommended St. John's to anyone...and often do!

Posted October 10, 2014
We started at St. John's last year with the full day Pre-k and this year in Kindergarten. I am continually impressed with the projects my daughter brings home and the subjects she is learning about. She is already learning to speak Spanish and how to type on a key board and I-Pad. I cannot say enough about the friends that both her and our family have made. The sense of community is real and amazing! The teachers and staff really love our kids and want the best for them. There is so much parent involvement, just visit at lunch time and you will see a parent volunteer sitting at every table. My daughter is excited to go to school every morning. We have had the opportunity to participate in field hockey this year. The athletic program is run efficiently and the coaches are great. We looked at many schools and I am very happy where we landed.

St. John the Evangelist School
669 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park, MD  21146
Last modified St. John the Evangelist School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. John the Evangelist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top