Bad
Good

I am in my last year at Eastern middle school and I feel as if my degree of interest has slowly dropped over the three years I've attended this school. I am a part of the humanities program and every day i observe how I am treated as if I am more intelligent and more valued of a human being. In sixth grade I loved my teachers, thank you Mrs. Ray for understanding all of my terrible friend drama! In seventh grade I had mixed feelings about many of my teachers but still liked quite a few of them. This year I have two or three teachers I like and one I just cannot stand. School policy states that if a student makes an attempt on an assignment they automatically recieve a 50% but one student in my class competed the whole assignment correctly... but in pen. The teacher gave him a zero and said that if he did it in pen he technically did not make an attempt on the work, which is ridiculous. I don't know how I'll survive a year in his class. Overall, many of the eastern staff value the humanities students infinitely more and aren't afraid to show it, and a few don't even care about any of us at all. Not to mention cockroaches, mice, and hornets, but those all belong in another story.

Our child is very happy with her teachers and friends at this school. The principal is, very communicative and involved. The teachers are all upbeat and engaging.

Great job Eastern Middle School on rewarding straight A students!! They deserve the recognition for a job well done.

Okay, to start off.. Eastern MS is not the worst school; but it's not the best school either. I loved that school throughout my years there. The teachers were very nice & some..not so much. I had lots of teachers some that were a pain & others that were not so to be honest I actually think this school is good.. I remember through out my 6th grade year I wasn't doing good.. at ALL because I was so caught up with society and thought school was nothing & I shouldn't care about it.. Through afterwards in the beginning of my 7th grade year a teacher there actually changed my life. (Seriously.) Now I'm always doing work & my gpa went up so so high throughout 7th grade. Anyways Eastern isn't so bad.. just depends on how you act & who you decide to have as friends, because seriously every school had bad students.. & trust me this one did.. but it all matter on who you choose as friends. Though one bad thing I didn't like was how the teachers actually cared more the magnet students than the ones who weren't in the magnet program.. They should really change that.. Anyways. Great school. Also.. Thank you Mrs. Dobson for changing me, I will always remember that. From an old student.

The staff and principal of Eastern middle schools are too focused on how the school looks, rather than how the students feel. One of the only aspects about i like about Eastern would be the staff. Some of the staff actually went over their requirements to help students. Improving the school would take a schools community to function as a whole. The Magnet program students are treat more "highly" or more "intelligent" than other students. Fixing this stereotypical gap, will make it a better school. Second, assignment of seats for lunch. I was shocked to find out this was even occurring, Why are middle school students being assigned to where to sit just like elementary school. If Eastern was functioned based on the students needs over perfection, they will will be overall better.

The school is ok, I had experienced many times being racially discriminated against not only students, but teachers as well. Some would pick on me and my friends, just because we liked to hang around a lot and they really just made it a hard time for me. One additional "class" called PBIS is I think, a failure. Students treat it like a joke, the set up is just terrible, and I really don't think people can learn anything from it. It's just a waste of time. And one more thing, there's this policy that requires you to stay at a 4.0 GPA , or increase from your previous GPA in order to be eligible to participate in fun activities. This is a huge injustice to all of the students of the school because what if there were kids who try really hard, but end up having a GPA just a little under their previous GPA? What if you got 4.0 first quarter and just happened to get a 89.4 in one subject?

This school is pretty good, but there are some teachers who really don't try or aren't good, while there are some who work hard and actually teach you stuff. There is a fairly distinct line between comprehensive and humanities students, though not always. The band is really good even though small and under-funded. But it is still fun and a lot of people are nice. It has a 7-period day and a block schedule would be better, but whatever. The humanities program is challenging, especially in 7th grade with IDRP and NHD. 8th grade humanities get to go to NY for a week. It is usually a fun atmosphere, and you would normally expect a lot of cursing from middle school students, right? (Or maybe not I wouldn't know I've only been to Eastern). Overall it's not the best school but you should still go.

Eastern is a terrible school with horrible administration. Ms. Crouse and Ms. Sandall are horrible administrators who do not do anything but crush the morale of the entire staff working here. The school does not care about the best interests of it's students and the overall atmosphere is apathetic. I would advise never to send your students here or work here.

This is a good school. Good teachers, good academics, I have had a good time here. People exaggerate how dirty it is here. One thing that is weak is our science program. That could be better.

Eastern was and is a very nice school. I used 2 go there aand i loved it the teachers were involed the learning enviorment was nice. And so r the students sure they are some bumps in the road in the school but overall it is a great school. The school has teachers in the halls or secerity so there should be no skipping or safety conflict. I miss Eastern.

Last modified Eastern Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.