Silver Spring, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted September 27, 2014
Great school with friendly and courteous staff. Very involved in the community. Current rating doesn't do this school justice.

Posted August 03, 2014
Excellent school with an excellent dedicated staff....they want to be there! Both of my children thrived here.

Posted April 29, 2014
The staff is very caring and goes above and beyond daily. The PTA and parents work closely with the staff to provide assistance and great cultural events. There are over 800 students but the office and administration works patiently with the parents and students.

Posted April 18, 2014
Great teachers and students. New Principal coming in for the 2014 - 2015 school year. I hope it is our awesome Assistant Principal Mrs. Ruth.

Greencastle Elementary School 4

Posted April 14, 2014
Most of what has been said about Greencastle is true, especially with the instability of leadership(Principal) in the school. This has got to change. There are great students and teachers but during RECESS more attention needs to be given to the kids.I have had 3 kids injured severly during recess.

Greencastle Elementary School 1

Posted November 06, 2013
1. younger students get hurt a lot during recess because the recess staff is not watching them! 2. monthly homework instead of daily homework (which doesn't not benefit the students, only the teachers) 3. principal is not listening to the parent's concerns 4. some incompetent teachers

Greencastle Elementary School 2

Posted February 14, 2013
At first, Greencastle was ok.. but based on recent incidents, I realized how rude the principal and his secretary were towards concerned parents. The secretary raises her voice and talks to parents like they're not educated or something. The principal, Mr. Payne does not care about parent's concerns at all. He just let other people in his staff "deal" with you.

Posted November 30, 2012
I have a 7 years old attend Green castle. The teachers and staff are so dedicated. I have real admire for teaching and management staffs.

Posted September 17, 2012
I am a community member and a former teacher from this school. It has come a long way and is only getting better!!! Today, as the assistant principal, I am proud that we are on our way to be a National School of Character...AND that we have met adequate yearly progress every year on the state assessments! Principal Kevin Payne, is just the Leader the Noble Knights need at the Castle! Under his leadership, the Students, Staff, and Families are thriving!

Posted August 14, 2012
I just completed my first year as a staff member at Greencastle. I was very impressed with the students and the staff. This school has met the state benchmark for the passed 12 years. Based on county climate data, parents and students seem very happy with the school. I will let you know how year two goes...

Greencastle Elementary School
13611 Robey Rd, Silver Spring, MD  20904
Last modified Greencastle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greencastle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top