Posted September 05, 2014
I am overwhelmingly happy with the experience my daughter has received at Francis Scott Key Middle School. The teachers are invested in each child learning inside and outside of the school. The music program is equal to a music magnet. Specially the Choral program, very challenging and rewarding at the same time. My daughter transferred in the middle of the year due to unexpected challenges at her prior school however my daughter was able to assimilate with no issues partly because of the teacher involvement. My daughter is very pleased with the school as well and looks forward to going to school each day to learn and interact with his new friends. Also I witnessed a substantial improvement in my daughter's grades and willingness to participate in afterschool activities offered. The staff are well organized considerate and very approachable as well. I am totally looking forward to this school year...Go F.S.K. !!!Keep up the great work!!!!

Posted September 30, 2013
This is a great school it ,provides great economy skills and gives the students there own little bank which shows them how to save (money) key cash so when they grow up they know how it works.

Posted May 20, 2013
I love my school. It is fun and amazing. We do many activities for kids who are good. We have renaissance day and many more things. Most the teachers and staff are really nice. We have a few teachers who are really strict, but nobody really minds them. Our teacher teaches us based on or knowledge and if we are ahead of the class. They pay attention to the individual student. Our school could improve with the students, some of the students may be off hand but that's only about 5% o the school. So it is a very good school but the students need to improve and we ned less teachers who like to scream.

Francis Scott Key Middle School 2

Posted May 07, 2012
Before I even began to write my review, I noticed all the good reviews were written in 2010. I should have taken note of that before enrolling my child. The school looks great, on the inside, but my personal experience was all but that. I will not go into detail due to fear of more backlash, but this school seems like a jail with a warden for a principal. With my childs case it was more of a power trip as opposed to sincere help. As a parent I felt bullied, hopeless, cornered, and defeated...all the meanwhile my child could not stomach the counselors, principal, and a few other staff members. I know this post pay seem like key facts are missing, in which they are in order to protect my child and myself, but if your looking for a school that has compassion for all children look elsewhere. This school is about numbers and power. I'm glad we are no longer a part of this dreadful school.

Posted May 12, 2010
OMG!!!!!!!!!! THis school is the best!!Grrreeat staff,principal and everyone!Our principal just got his Ph.d so now he's Dr.MInus but he's leaving!He got transfered to John F. Kennedy HS to be there new principal! :-( Everyone is so sad, he was so niceeee! He is by far the best principal ever!!!!Well i'm going to miss him!! I <3 Dr.MInus!

Posted April 22, 2010
This School Is a Wonderful School.they Try Everyday To Make The students successful and they succeed.that Is Why I Love This School.

Francis Scott Key Middle School 0

Posted November 11, 2009
I go to Francis Scott Key Middle School for 2 years, right now, I am a 8th grader of this school. Key is an awesome school. Great teachers, staff, building services, adminstration, friends, almost everything in this school is awesome. The teachers that works in this building are not just teachers, theyre like best friends with many students. Key has a high expectation for it's students. The students love Key. They are proud of the school they go to. Of course, FSKey isnt perfect, they still need to have some improvements but for me, this school is a great school. I LOVE KEY! =)

Francis Scott Key Middle School 0

Posted September 01, 2009
My child is currently an 8th grader at Key Middle School. What makes Key unique is that most adminsitrators and teachers at this school have high expectations, don't lower the standards, consequenses exist for behavior, students are nutured and are enpowered.

Francis Scott Key Middle School 3

Posted August 20, 2009
I work on 'education' issues most of my work day and yet most of the issues I deal with there seem to be present in this school as well. It takes Parents/Teachers & the Community to truly serve the children. It has been proven time and time again. None of those 3 helping is a handout -- we can only hope that it is the hand up that our children need. I have worked 1-2+ hours a night with my daughter, had her in tutoring, met with counselors -- however Nothing worked until her teacher last year. Last year was her first year on the honor role. She did so well the counselor called to ask if there was a 'change' at home. The only change was the Teacher held high expectations (as did we), plus the resources from MCPS. The 3 things combined proved that the team concept works.

Francis Scott Key Middle School 4

Posted August 10, 2009
I do very much agree with the parent who recently submitted his/her review. I am also a proud parent of an honor role student, we work together everyday helping on his homework and it is paying and he is enjoying it. Parents are as responsible as the teachers in helping these kids and we should not leave everything to the teachers. We should work together, they do their part at school and we should do our part home.

Francis Scott Key Middle School
910 Schindler Drive, Silver Spring, MD  20903
Last modified Francis Scott Key Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francis Scott Key Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top