Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2014
This school is ok. The kids swear and dress inappropriately! BAD!!! Also, fighting and bullying happens

Posted August 05, 2013
I am very excited about the changes taking place at Drew, long overdue, we welcome the new administration who have a focus on parent involvement! The face lift, with a new roof, freshly painted walls and out side of the building looks great. New playground equipment was put in this summer! The school got promethean boards in all the classroom, I am only sad to say as an Arts integration model school the Music and Art room were not considered classrooms and did not receive promethean boards. I believe Music Art and PE teach the entire school population though. As a parent of 5th grader I feel the staff work very hard to make the school a great place learn.

Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2013
THIS IS A VERY RUDE SCHOOL! The other staff are quite nice, but the principle here is just crazy! My mom came to pick my brother up one day, and she waited in the parking lot for about 30 minutes. He didn't come out so she thought he rode the bus and so she drove home. Later, we got a call from the school to pick up my brother. My mom can't speak English very well and when she went to pick him up, the principle was RAGING MAD! My mom didn't know what to say or do since she can't speak English and the principle said that she was going to even call the cops! I called to make sure everything was okay while my mom was at the school, and I could hear the principle yelling at her! I don't like seeing my mom hurt, and when she came home, she was VERY UPSET of how they treated her...I really think they should get a new principle for the upcoming school year. Not to mention, my brother says that a lot of the students swear and don't have respect for others. I am positive he will not be attending this awful school next year. I definitely think improvements need to be made.

Posted December 20, 2009

Posted December 02, 2009

Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2008

Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School
1200 Swingingdale Dr, Silver Spring, MD  20905
Last modified Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.