PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 22, 2015
I am so pleased with PBMS! I enrolled my daughter when she turned 2. She will be 3 in 4 months. Last night she sorted a bunch of miniatures onto their respective word cards, she rolled out pizza dough, and she put on her own PJs!! For all of these things, I give primary credit to PBMS. They relieve my working-mom guilt!!!! I know she is learning and thriving and cared for there!

Posted December 09, 2013
My son enrolled in PBMS just after he turned 2. He didn't speak much, but within a few months at the school, he started having conversations. Now in his 3rd year, he is a social, compassionate, and curious little boy. He is inquisitive about the world around him and applies the lessons he learns in school to his daily life. He is also very well behaved and respectful. We are always complimented on his consistently calm demeanor, something we contribute to PBMS and the Montessori style of teaching. The teachers and staff are caring, knowledgeable, and make us feel like part of an extended family. We love being involved in our son's education and it's great to see all of the students learn from all of the parents' talents. I feel confident that my son has learned how to learn, which was paramount when considering his early childhood education options.

Posted November 30, 2013
I am a part time music teacher at Paint Branch Montessori School and I have to say how wonderful the environment is there for the children. The staff is knowledgeable, warm and engaging and understands both the theory as well as the humanity of the Montessori approach. It is true Montessori with each child encouraged to make the best of their individuality and at the same time taught their place in community with others. At Paint Branch, the parents are welcomed to participate as they are able and to the extent that they want. Parent informational meetings supplement regular parent conferences. I have even had parents come to the music classes to showcase their instruments and play music for the children. I heartily recommend Paint Branch Montessori school to all who are seeking quality education for their children.

Posted November 24, 2013
Our three children attend PBMS, and we have been a part of the school community and family since 2006. This is a wonderful, nurturing, and supportive school, and our children have all thrived here. We always work in partnership with the teachers, staff, and administrators and know that we can always count on them to do what's best for our children. The Montessori environment is a wonderful one, and the teachers are well trained and experienced in implementing Dr. Montessori's philosophies. The children are able to progress at their own pace, and the pleasure and interest that the children show in their work make the classroom environment such a joy to watch! Every day, getting them to come home is a challenge because they don't want to leave school. PBMS is a home away from home for our children (and us too!), and I can't imagine wanting them to be anywhere else!

Posted November 19, 2013
We consider PBMS as our extended family. My son has been in this school since he was two and a half years old. He loves his school and enjoys going to school. We feel happy and would like him to continue his learning there. PBMS has the most fantastic, knowledgeable, loving and caring staff we ve ever known. The whole school is like a big family. They have great competitive academic curriculum; wonderful art & craft programs, excellent music teacher and fun-learning aftercare with lots of dancing & singing. Over the past few years, we see our little boy and his friends have blossomed beautifully, each in their unique way in a family oriented, loving & caring learning environment. We love them as they re part of our extended family!

Paint Branch Montessori School 4

Posted November 11, 2013
Ms. Joan and Ms. Sudarma are wonderful teachers! The preschool program is fantastic for starting your kids' education, and children can start as early as age 2, which is a year earlier than most Montessori schools. The parents are really involved, and we've made some really good friends over the years.

Posted November 08, 2013
PBMS is such a wonderfuI place. I consider myself in the attachment parenting camp and was having trouble finding a daycare provider that had similar philosophies on learning. My daughter started at PBMS at 2 years old and LOVES it. We were having difficulty with crying at drop off and acting out at home at her previous childcare center, but the transition to Montessori was seemless. She genuinely enjoys going to school, is learning new things every day and her teachers talk to her and treat her the same way I do (as a smaller human being who is learning instead of a child that needs to be controlled).

Posted November 08, 2013
We are so happy with the decision we made to send our daughter to PBMS. Our daughter is two and started over the summer for camp. From the very beginning we knew this was the place we would be sending her. The teachers and staff are so welcoming and inclusive; they make you feel like you are a part of the family from day one. When my daughter started we had just moved her from a day care center in SS which was nothing more than, survival of the fittest. Now that she is here she has learned and grown so much. From grace and courtesy, knowing how to identify each letter of the alphabet with a coordinating object, counting to twenty, and singing constantly. Parental involvement is top notch. The opportunities are vast if you like being involved in your child s school.They have already had a back to school picnic, parent and child breakfast, coffee mornings, grandparent days, fall festival, cultural night, language night.

Posted November 07, 2013
What a pleasure to see my daughter thrive and blossom and grow. The staff and the parent community is absolutely brilliant. They nurture and help my daughter with learning not just academics but also the lessons of grace and courtesy. The children are happy and so busy and learning all the time. The learning is amazing!! There are so many things they do for families. Grandparents day, coffee mornings, field trips, art exhibitions and so much more. I love this place. Such a treasure. Come and see for yourself!!

Posted November 07, 2013
Paint Branch Montessori School is the most wonderful place. My son has gone there for two years and the whole time we have all felt so safe and loved. He has learned shapes, colors, courtesy, manners, counting numbers, seasons, bones in his body... so many things. He loves going to school and has several best friends. Families at the school are very involved and I have made some lasting friendships with other parents. The montessori environment is so beneficial. They learn without realizing they are even learning, and have amazing hands on experiences. I would recommend this school very highly.

Paint Branch Montessori School
10309 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD  20903
Last modified Paint Branch Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6