Silver Spring, MD

Posted September 09, 2013
LOVE IT! St. John the Baptist is truly our 2nd home! This is my 8th grader's last year at this wonderful blue ribbon school. It's hard to leave...thanks for everything. We've been so blessed!

Posted February 08, 2013
My oldest started in 3rd grade, now he's a graduating 8th grader - top of his class with 2 siblings who follow! This school is a place that offers its students the ability to thrive and its families and faculty an environment in which to prosper. St. John the Baptist is more than a building where students learn to think, solve problems and cooperate. SJB is a living legacy of faith, service, academics and community where each unique child belongs, and where for over 50 years, of excellence in education has thrived. Enter is K and stay through 8th grade - you won't regret it.

Posted February 07, 2013
SJB is not just a great National Blue Ribbon school, it is an incredibly nurturing community of teachers, parents and parishioners working together to inspire children to learn to their highest academic levels while also learning how to care for others. My two children went to St. John's and it was life changing for them as well as my husband and myself. The children learn so much from doing so many things - helping at liturgies, music programs, after school programs, hands on science through a nature garden, athletics - and they feel safe and cared for. The beautiful campus is constantly humming with people. The principal is always improving programs and making changes and truly listens to the school community. The school is planning a renovation with a new technology and resource center. The parent community is dynamic and engaged. I can't say enough about the respect I have for the administration and teachers. Go see for yourself. It's a gem.

Posted February 07, 2013
Our family has had a wonderful experience with St. John the Baptist. The principal is a true leader who knows every student. She personally gives each student their report card and encourages them based on what she knows about each of them. It is a close knit community with involved parents, caring teachers and high academics. The students leave well prepared for high school and life in general.

Posted November 19, 2012
This school is incredible. I know no place is perfect, but this school certainly is close. Academics, the arts, athletics, compassion for others, safe and trusting community......not enough room to describe! Finding this school was a fluke that has turned out to be one of the greatest blessings in my children's lives.

Posted April 23, 2012
I have had such an amazing experience with St. John the Baptist. I have three boys at the school (some of whom require special accommodations) and they are all progressing so well. At St. John's there are teachers who are passionate about ensuring that each child is reaching their potential, there is an AMAZING principal who knows each student and parent, and there is a supportive community of parents. As a Blue Ribbon school, you know the academics are top notch.

St John The Baptist School 2

Posted January 06, 2010

St John The Baptist School 0

Posted January 19, 2009
I am so unhappy with St. John. You must be one of the elite to be recognized. Poor students, if they don't fit in everyone knows. Saddddddddd!

St John The Baptist School 4

Posted September 06, 2008
I'm pround to be part of the St. John the Baptist community. The outstanding leadership of our principal keep us all united, our kids enthusiastics of learning and belonging to the community, our teacher constantly challenging out kids to perform better.

Posted August 27, 2007
This is my third year and I love the safe, Christian and academic environment. The Principal is number 1, parents, faculty and students love and admire her. As any place, there is some issues to improve, but administration and faculty are always willing to work the best for the students. Students that graduate are accepted in Catholics and Public High Schools and they become Honor Enroll in the next two years in the upper schools.

St John The Baptist School
12319 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD  20904
Last modified St John The Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St John The Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top