Silver Spring, MD

Posted June 24, 2013
When I first came at this school they said that they had to 'pray' about my acceptance, obviously they were not listening to 'God' or praying at all. All the teachers do are sit there and check that you did all the 'work'. For a one page essay, all the feedback you get is a checkmark and signature. The 'work' you finish, you check at a desk, if you get it wrong you redo it until it matches the answer key at the desk. Many students cheat this way. It's impossible not to, the human brain has an adequate short term memory. Detentions are entirely one-sided, students CLEAN for the school during their PE time. I never received any instruction in math, and I never finished a course/pace due to them giving me the packet LATE. I had to ask for the packet. You 'work' in little cubicles everyday like factory workers and I don't remember a thing I 'leanrned'-memorized-in this 'school'. Environment wise, the teens act like any other teen in public schools. Perhaps even worse. No doubt they've been through their fair share of hardships, but they use worldly desires as an escape, not 'God'. Also, the schools credits here will only count as half in a public's. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Posted April 19, 2013
If you're looking for a good Christian environment for your kids, this is not the place. The teens, obviously, act like teens. There is of course cursing. A majority of the students use profanity and talk about sexual things. Your child will be tempted, so is life. Education wise they will be challenged and miserable there as everyone else there is. You sit in a room in silence all day long. The only athletic team they have is a volleyball team for the girls. Nothing for the guys. I hate it there. Everyone does. My advice is to keep looking for a school. Public school would probably better than this place for your child.

Hampshire View Christian School 4

Posted September 11, 2012
I have worked with and experienced many of the graduates of this school. They have gone to colleges and universities of their choice, I know 2 doing wonderfully in the military serving our country. I think this school has prepared them to go forward in whatever they have the ability and ambition to do. The staff are strict in upholding the rules that every student and parent are aware of and sign a copy of before entering into the school. Each 9th grader and their parents meet with the principal to plan a course of study for the high school years and choose which of the 4 diplomas offered is best for their child. I think that the last 2 reviewers might need to understand that the staff and many /most parents who send their children to this school are looking for a place where there is a godly standard of behavior and profanity and other "normal" teen behaviors are not the norm. And the last reviewer needs to check their information, I just looked and Pensacola Christian College is not only accredited but has the 7th highest nursing program in the whole United States.

Posted June 20, 2012
at this school there is no type of encouragement to make it to a higher form of education. There is no way a student desiring to attend a distinguished university or college can be provided with the adequate information needed to attain his or her goals. the only available counsel conserning education after high school is applying to quaint little christian college in pensacola where touching the opposite gender is considered heinious. about half of the graduating class apply and attend the college due to lack of information and plain old ignorance. Personally i was forced to discover everything about application deadlines to multiple credited universities and colleges. (Did i mention that the college in pensacola is not accredited i.e. you never went to college according to the U.S. government). all of my time breaking my head over application dates and such could have been avoided if a counselor (one of the many things lacking at the school) were to have laid out a four year plan with me. I was not accepted at any schools and am now forced to attend the nearest community college. If you desire you child to have the highest possible education after high school forget this school

Posted May 31, 2012
To the person who previously wrote the comment, You have no idea what its like to go to that school. As "friendly" as some of the staff members may appear, in reality they are not. Except for one staff member the rest of the staff is prone to fits of anger and are very unhelpful to the students. The fact that we were not friendly to the child or parents of the previous commentator was most likely a way to drive you away, which apparently worked. We knew that it would only cause pain and turmoil to you or your child coming to the school. Trust me when I say this, everybody I know that went to this school regrets coming and cant wait to leave. Thankfully, I no longer attend the wretched "institution". As far as "profanity", lets be honest here, in every school everywhere no matter if its private or public there is going to be "questionable"conversations, for the sake of the morally conservative. Teens will be teens and if you cant deal with that then you should homeschool your child and have him or her in a little bubble. My personal experience at the school has been saddening, stressful, sickening, unproductive, unreliable and above all extremely extremely disappointing

Hampshire View Christian School 5

Posted April 01, 2009
This is a very good school with good opportunities to learn about God and get a good education. Everyone is very friendly and kind.

Hampshire View Christian School
360 Ednor Road, Silver Spring, MD  20905
Last modified Hampshire View Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Hampshire View Christian School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top